The Mother

The Story That Just Began...

Continuation

 

“Everybody, sit down, let's have a proper discussion.” Nayoung said sitting down as the boys around her were giddy at having a friendly manager. “I know you must have a lot of questions about me,” she continued, “Ask me anything you want. I'll answer them all.”

 

They all sat down on the floor and looked up at Nayoung, as she was sitting on the couch.

“What's your favourite colour?” Dongwoon innocently asked.

“Everything, but mostly red.” She replied.

“Favourite food?” Kikwang chimed.

“Mom's cooking, but I'll accept Big Mac too.”

“What was you reaction when you were told about us” Doojoon asks, always the sensible one.

“Oh, I hated it! As if it wasn't enough that people thought I was a guy, now if I start living with guys, I'll lose the little bit of feminine side that I have!” She replied with a big sigh, to which everyone chuckled.

“How did you hear about us? You're not Asian...” Hyunseung said, to which Nayoung laughed.

“Ah, you have no idea how popular you guys are, eh? You guys, no Kpop in general has fans all over the world, of all nationalities. I only found out about you because of Suju.”

“Suju?” Junhyung asked curiously.

“You guys debuted a little after Sorry, Sorry right? I just happened to end up on your video, somehow” She pondered how she did end up on their video, before continuing, “I liked your song, but I didn't like you guys as a band, Suju is still the best!” To which the Beast members scoffed a bit.

“I don't care what you say.” She continued, “Suju is my one true love.” She sighed happily.

“How did you end up liking us?” Yoseob enquired. Nayoung looked into his eyes and was flustered as he was looking at her with an intense expression that she didn't understand. “Umm... well I don't remember, but I think I really liked Soom when Fiction came out...”

“Eh? That's just weird!” Kikwang added.

“Anymore questions? Hit me with all you've got!” She said in funny way that made everyone laugh.

“Last one!” Hyunseung said, “Do you have a boyfriend?”

She chuckled sarcastically before replying, “Yah, do you think anyone will fall for this? Even you said I don't look good.”

Hyunseung looked down, embarrassed while mumbling an apology.

“It's all good though.” Nayoung continued, “I never wanted attention from boys, my studies were always more important to me. Plus, it's too much of a hassle date someone, I'm the lazy kind, you see.” She casually replied.

“Yah, do you know how weird you are?” Yoseob asked, playfully.

“Didn't you know they called the Queen of Weirdness back in my highschool?” Nayoung replied with a smile. A secret look was exchanged between her and Yoseob, making both them feel more at ease with each other, but both didn't understand why.

 

“Now it's my turn.” She said with an evil smile.

“Go ahead,” Doojoon said, “Ask us whatever you want.”

“Right, then. I know what most fans know, the stuff that gets on the Net. But I need to know about your private lives too if you want me to help you to the best of my abilities.” She looked at everyone as they nodded in agreement. “Firstly, who's dating someone here?”

 

They all denied it, pretending they don't have any girlfriends. “Aigoo, don't give me that bull! I know that all idols date secretly! Just spill it so I can arrange secret dates and stuff!” Nayoung yelled, exasperated.

 

“Really?” Hyunseung asked excitedly.

“Yah, are you sure you're not Korean?” Yoseob asked, “The way you yell is exactly like my grandmother!”

 

Everyone laughed, realizing even though her accent is slightly weird and there's occasional grammatical mistakes, the way she speaks is very casual.

 

“And the way you act is like a five year old! When will you ever grow up?” Nayoung teased Yoseob.

“When you grow younger!” He back.

“Enough about me, give me the names of the girls you're dating.” Nayoung said as she took out her phone giving it to Junhyung who was closest to her, “Save your numbers on my phone.”

“I'm dating Goo Hara from Kara.” Junhyung calmly replied as saved his number and passed it onto Doojoon.

“I thought you had broken up?” Nayoung asked, curiosity of a fan taking her over.

“We did but we got back together a couple of months ago.”

“Aww, that's cute!” Nayoung happily replied, “Doojoon-ah?”

“Ah, there's no one Nayoung-ah. I haven't dated anyone in a while now.” He calmly replied.

“Then who do you like?” She asked.

“Um... It's a little embarrassing... But I like G.Na.”

“She's in the same company, why don't you ask her out?”

He waved his hand in front of his face as he passed the cellphone onto Kikwang.

“He's too shy” Kikwang replied, “I'm dating Yoona.”

“Whoa, that's amazing!! How'd you ask her out?” Nayoung pulled up her feet in excitement.

“Even I don't know, noona.” He replied sheepishly as he handed the phone to Hyunseung.

“I'm not dating anyone, and idols don't really attract me that much.” Hyunseung said, “I'm looking for a homely girl.”

“Yah, stop giving idealistic answers and tell me the truth!” Nayoung yelled at him.

“Noona, It's true. I haven't really found anyone special.” Hyunseung replied sincerely, as he passed the phone to Dongwoon.

“Fine, it's understandable. What about our giant magnae?”

“I'm dating my adorable Haewon-ie!” He happily replied.

“Who's that?” Nayoung asked, trying to remember which celebrity had that name.

“It's his friend from highschool” Yoseob replied as he was the final one to receive the phone. “And I'm dating Jieun-ah.”

“She's his first girlfriend!” Junhyung mocked.

“Oi, don't expose like that!”

“Jieun as in IU?” She innocently asked, slightly disappointed.

“No, she's waitress from this cafe we used to go to.” Yoseob replied.

“Aww, and here I actually thought you had finally hit it off with IU!”

“That's just a TV thing, she's too... nice.” Yoseob answered, for the lack of a better word.

 

“Ok,” she nodded, “Now where's my room?” She stood stretching and fixing her glasses.

“Over here,” Dongwoon opened the door to the fourth bedroom, that was cluttered with things.

“What the hell is this??” Nayoung yelled as she saw the state of the room. “And where's the bed?”

“It's underneath all the things” Doojoon answered as he stood up to take a look at the room, followed by the others. “You just need to clean it up a bit.”

“I am not cleaning that up, at least not alone!” She furiously replied. “As if it's not enough that I have to clean the mess that you call home, I have to clean this too?”

“Well, there's no other place for you to sleep.” Junhyung stated as a matter of fact.

“Good luck” Yoseob said, and as he was about turn around to go to his room, Nayoung grabbed him by the back of his collar.

“Yah, let go..” Yoseob yelled.

“All of you will help me clean this.” She quietly spoke. There was something about her voice that sent a chill down the back of all the members.

“And what if we don't?” Yoseob got the courage to retaliate, looking straight into her eyes.

“Then watch what I do...” She silently threatened them all, while only looking at Yoseob since he was the one that spoke.

“Umm, yeah, we'll help you clean.” Doojoon said as he swallowed to make voice come out, “Guys, let's all help her.” At the leaders command they all marched into the room and started cleaning up.

 

“So scary...” Yoseob mumbled under his breath, which unfortunately was heard by Nayoung.

“What?” She sharply asked.

“Umm, nothing. Nothing at all.” He went in after the rest and cleaned the whole room. What none of them noticed was Nayoung had a kind smile her face as she watched Yoseob walk in and start cleaning.

 

“I'm going to start cooking then!” Nayoung yelled after them.

“You're not helping us?” Kikwang asked., slightly mad at her for not spending time with them.

“Yah do you want food tonight or not?” She retorted back at him, to which he just nodded happily, thinking that finally there will be home made food.

 

She walked back to living room and took out her laptop, looking up recipes for a simple curry. She took her laptop to the kitchen and looked for ingredients in the fridge. She found some tofu and kimchi, so she decided make kimchi stew. She was frustrated since she had never cooked anything like this before, or anything at all for that matter. But she still started cooking, starting with the rice. She quickly washed the rice and placed it in the rice cooker, turning it on before washing the vegetables needed for the stew. She struggled a bit with it, following the recipe diligently and tasting it every few seconds to see if the taste was right. After an hour of struggling, she was done. She took the pot and placed it at their small dining table. She went back to the kitchen to get some side dishes she found in the fridge and had heated up. She brought those out, followed by the rice. When she was satisfied with how everything looked, she was about to call the boys when the walked in themselves.

 

“The food's ready!” Dongwoon yelled excitedly as he took his seat, followed by the rest.

Nayoung smiled warmly at them. “Eat a lot, it might taste weird since it's my first time cooking, but still... eat a lot!” She kept smiling.

 

They all took a bite/sip of the kimchi stew.

“Noona... It does taste weird...” Junhyung stated.

“But it's not exactly bad weird...” Hyunseung added.

“It's still a lot better than just ramen every night!” Doojoon said, smiling widely.

“Next time it better be better than this!” Yoseob teased which brought a smile to her face. She was happy that they at least thought it was edible, when Dongwoon yelled out, “It's really good! I like it!” smiling widely.

“Yah, you'll eat anything!” Yoseob , hitting him with the back of his spoon.

 

Kikwang looked up at Nayoung with his mouth full of rice. “Omma...” He suddenly said, looking at the way Nayoung was smiling at them.

“What?” Nayoung said looking at him confused.

“Omma!” He suddenly hugged her around his waist, as he was sitting down while she was standing up, “You remind me of my mother!” He almost cried hugging her. “Can I call you omma?” He asked, making a sad little face that tugged at her heart.

 

All the boys were looking at Kikwang, slightly stunned by his action but understanding what he felt. It had been a long time since any of the had met their mother or motherly figure. At that moment, Dongwoon also chimed in, eyes almost watery, “Me too!”

 

She looked at the boys and closed her eyes and sighed. She looked up and smiled brightly at them, “Ok!” and everyone started clapping.

 

“Two noonas and two ommas,” She thought patting Kikwang's head as he was still holding onto her, “At least the other two think I'm younger than them right? What's next, Grandma?” She looked worriedly at Doojoon and Yoseob, lingering longer at Yoseob, sighing lightly.

 

--------------------------------x--------------------------------

 

A long chapter eh?? But it couldn't be helped.

Comment?

Please?

 

I sound desperate, don't I? ^^'