The Concert

The Story That Just Began...

Hey, I have new subcribers! Yay! New short chapter..... Yay?

So yeah.... enjoy, comment and subscribe!... Not necessarily in that order!

 

-----------------------------------------------x-----------------------------------------------

 

February 2nd, 2016 (Late night)

Yoseob was pacing up and down in his hotel room impatiently, waiting for confirmation. He was nervous that it would not work out, that they would not be able to convince her and she would say no. He bit his lip as he continued to worry, bumping into the door that he did not even notice had come so close. He absently rubbed his forehead, and turned around to see Hyunseung coming in from the balcony. Yoseob stopped to look up at him, and frowned seeing Hyunseung looking worried.

 

“What did she say?” Yoseob asked carefully, studying Hyunseung’s every twitch to figure out the answer before he gives it.

 

“She...” Hyunseung looked away, biting his lips as if he was not sure if he should say it or not.

 

Yoseob sighed gently, and looked up at Hyunseung with a sad smile. “It’s fine, she probably did her best. If weirdo doesn’t want to see me, then that’s fine...” Yoseob looked down at floor, all of his attention devoted to a little mark, “It’s just, I really wanted her here in Japan, away from all the annoying paparazzi so we could spend some quiet time together.... But I guess he really doesn’t want to see me” He gave a wry chuckle and looked up at Hyunseung, who had smile the size of the Great Wall of China plastered on his face. Yoseob looked at him confused, who then burst into laughter, literally falling and rolling on one of the twin beds.

 

Yoseob stared at him even more confused, but soon realized what was going on. His eyes widened at the realization, “She’s coming?” He squeaked at Hyunseung, who was trying hard to get his laughter under control, “She is, isn’t she?” He grabbed Hyunseung by the shoulder and slightly shook him. By this time, Hyunseung had somewhat controlled his laughter.

 

“Oh god, your face! It was priceless!” Hyunseung coughed out between his laughter.

 

“Oh, just answer me already!” Yoseob asked with a bright smile, already knowing the answer.

 

“Yes she is. Apparently she was scheduled to come over with us, but had to stay back a day because of her exams.” Hyunseung answered with a grin.

 

“So she was coming? I didn’t have to worry about anything then...” Yoseob slumped down on the other twin bed beside the one Hyunseung was on. Suddenly, he lifted his head and looked at Hyunseung, more like through him, and asked as if he was talking to himself, “Why didn’t she tell us anything? Or any of the other managers?”

 

“She was planning on being a ghost” Hyunseung stated, slightly amused at the thought, “Do the work needed but never appear in front of us.”

 

“Does she really hate the idea of me liking her that much?” Yoseob muttered to himself, as slowly laid down on the bed.

 

“I think she’s afraid,” Hyunseung sighed, “She already got beat up once, so she’s probably afraid something worse will happen to you if she gives in.”

 

“To me?” Yoseob turned to lie down on his side to look at Hyunseung, his right hand resting under his head.

 

“She doesn’t care about herself, that much was obvious because she let them beat her up. Although her manager duties and studies seem to be her first priority, it is obvious that you are far above those two on her list.” Hyunseung now laid down and turned off the lights using the switch above their bed side table, “Now go to sleep and let me sleep” HE mumbled as he drifted off to sleep.

 

Yoseob tossed and turned in his bed for a while, contemplating everything about him and Nayoung, until finally the day’s exhaustion had caught up to him and he drifted off to sleep.

 

The next was filled with activities. The dancers from Prepix, along with Nayoung, were supposed to fly in that morning but their flight got delayed so they arrived in the afternoon. This meant that the boys did not get a chance to practice their dances with everyone, including With You Tonight, their only song requiring female partners. It was a new song choreographed specially for the concert, so they were all slightly worried about their synchronization with their partners, but their was nothing they could do now.

 

The boys reached the venue for the concert at noon, and the concert began at 6pm. All this time, Yoseob was looking around the venue for Nayoung. The dancers had already arrived and were getting dressed, but she was nowhere to be seen. He knew she was there as all the items they needed or wanted started appearing even before they asked for it, something only Nayoung had figured out. “A woman’s touch indeed,” He mumbled to himself as he magically received a bottle of water, only realizing then that he hadn’t had anything to drink since right before arriving at the venue. He continued his search for her, but had to give up as the concert was starting.

 

The concert started brilliantly, and the first half went without a hitch. At the mid concert break they talked to their fans and played some games, before announcing the first ever live performance of With You Tonight. The boys went backstage for ten minutes to change and come back on stage, and found that the dancers were already in position on stage. Yoseob slowly walked up to his partner, careful not to bump into anyone as all the lights were off and it was almost pitch dark. He took his position, his back facing his partner’s back, and murmured a hello, but got no answer. “Huh,” He wondered, “Jia usually gets chatty right before a performance.”

 

Just then the music started, and all the stage lights went on at the same time with the beat of the song. At the second beat, they both turned to face each other, holding their position while the other couples did their bits. (A/N: like the beginning of Breath). Yoseob froze perfectly in his position, albeit unintentionally, and stared at the girl in front of him.

 

Nayoung looked directly into his eyes and smirked, “Miss me?”