The Anger

The Story That Just Began...

Yay new subscribers and more upvotes! I love you people!

The reaon why I delayed this chapter (delayed? what? then what was that 2 year gap?) was because I didn't know how to connect this chapter and the part after it.... As it happens I still don't know how to do that, so here's what I have so far. It's not quite a chapter....

 

So yeah.... enjoy, comment, subscribe and upvote!!!!... Not necessarily in that order!

 

-----------------------------------------------x-----------------------------------------------

 

Shawkat and Doojoon were surprised to see Nayoung alone when they came back. She was sitting up now, with extra pillows supporting her back. She had also somehow found a magazine that she was now browsing through. She looked up as they entered, “You’re here now? I seriously thought you’d be here worrying your off when I wake up.” She greeted her brother as she closed the magazine on her lap, smiling brightly “Oh! Hyung is also here, won’t you be late for flight though? Or did you already pack?”

 

Doojoon and Shawkat shared a quick silent glance before they both headed to Nayoung’s side. Shawkat took the seat Yoseob was sitting at and Doojoon sat on the other side of the bed.

 

“Yah, are you in any situation to be worrying about me? And anyways, Jiyong hyung will do my packing, I can just meet him at the airport... You do know you have to stay back for about a week right?” He cautiously asked, quite taken back by her upbeat attitude.

 

“I know. I already called Jiyong hyung to go in and pamper you kids. Sapphy would be coming here soon with my things.” Doojoon was about to ask something else but Nayoung cut in, “My university is closed for the next week, as a gift after that gruesome exam period” She said with disgust, before turning to him with a bright smile. “Stop worrying about me and worry about yourself.”

 

He nervously chuckled, before asking the one question that was eating him up from the inside, “Where’s....” He trailed off, worried that just his name may tick off Shawkat.

 

“Who?” Nayoung asked, her eyes wide in curiosity. Even though she knew who he was asking about, she pretended to not know, maybe this way it’ll be easier to actually forget him.

 

“You know...” He started loudly but ended in a whisper, “Yoseob.”

 

Shawkat crumpled his eyebrows at Yoseob’s name, but did not say anything. He sat there quietly as the two continued their conversation.

 

She took a quick glance at her brother before continuing, “Oh, Gwangho-yah?” She said clearly, “He left right after I woke up.”

 

“He left?” Doojoon asked, clearly worried. He knew she was lying but he didn’t know how to approach her. “Just like that? After seeing your current condition?”

 

“Hmm,” She nodded as she opened her magazine once more. She diverted her attention to the magazine in hopes that they will not be able to tell how she was feeling. “He apologized for a bit but then I reminded him he has a flight, so he left.”

 

“That’s it? Nayoung-ah just tell me the tru-” But before Doojoon could finish his sentence, Sapphy burst through the door.

 

YOU DID WHAT?” She screamed as she held the door with her left hand and Nayoung’s luggage in her other hand. All eyes were on her as she stomped into the room, dropping the bag on the floor and hastily closing the door behind her.

 

“What? What did I do?” Nayoung asked, honestly lost this time.

 

YOU BROKE UP WITH HIM!?” She suddenly noticed Shawkat and switched to Korean. She sat by Nayoung’s leg, right beside Doojoon. Even though he has seen her blow up on multiple occasions, he was still as surprised as Shawkat at her screaming. “Are you retarded or what? You guys just got together yesterday and today you break up?”

 

Excuse me, miss, but you shouldn’t-” Shawkat was trying to talk to Sapphy but she snapped at him to shut him up.

 

You stay out of it!” She snapped, looking him up and down. “From what I have heard about you, you must be her brother, and probably the cause of this disaster!

 

Shawkat stared at her, literally open mouthed, before deciding it was in his best interest to stay quiet. Sapphy continued, “Please make me understand how this one man can ruin everything you’ve built in the past month! In a couple of hours!”

 

“Look unnie, oppa had nothing to do with-” Nayoung started, but was cut off.

 

Of course he didn’t!” Sapphy was infuriated, “Your bloody perfect brother had nothing to do with the misery that you now face in life.

 

Excuse me-” Shawkat started again to protect his dignity but was hushed once more by Sapphy.

 

You shush, I don’t want to hear even a peep from you!” She snarled. Shawkat helplessly looked at Doojoon who just motioned him to stay quiet. Sapphy caught that out of the corner of her eyes and yelled at Doojoon this time around. “Do not be signalling him ! You are no better.” Nayoung had called her out but Sapphy continued nonetheless, “You were here with them when all this went down and you’re just sitting here!”

 

“Sapphy!” Nayoung finally snapped, thoroughly annoyed by Sapphy’s behaviour. Sapphy was shocked that Nayoung had called her Sapphy, which she had never done since they had met.

 

Look, I guess he told the boys because he didn’t want them to pick on him,” She suddenly switched to Korean, “But you have no right to come into my hospital room question me about my personal life.” Sapphy stared at her shocked as she continued. “Because I respect you I’ll tell you this, it was a mutual decision. We both wanted the relationship to end.

 

Nayoung suddenly turned to Doojoon and gave him a weak smile, “Hyung can you take her back to the hotel? If you don’t leave now, you’ll both miss the flight.” With that she returned to her magazine, indicating that she did not want to talk to either of them. Doojoon and Sapphy quietly left, confused by her reaction and hoping to get more answers from Yoseob. Doojoon gave Shawkat a final look, that basically said we need to talk more later. Since Sapphy and Nayoung were both switching from English to Korean, both had the gist of what was going on. Thus, Shawkat solemnly nodded as Doojoon and Sapphy left.