The Wise Man

The Story That Just Began...

Umm.... yeah.

So extremely sorry for not updating in about half a year according to AFF. 3 month long exams, family crap before that, not being in the country.... Basically a lot of things piled on top of each other.

Here's a very short chapter, I know you guys love long chapters, but I haven't written anything long in a very long while (except a huge number of essays), so forgive me once more.

Hopefully I don't dissappoint too badly.

So yeah.... enjoy, comment and subscribe!... Not necessarily in that order!

 

-----------------------------------------------x-----------------------------------------------

 

February 2nd, 2016 (Morning)

 

Beast walked around the airport, waiting for the customs to clear them through the gate. Only two of their managers were there, Jiyong with them and the other one at the customs. However, Nayoung was nowhere to be seen.

 

“I wonder where omma is...” Dongwoon whined, taking a bite out of a banana.

 

“She’s not coming because...” Jiyong started but was cut off by Yoseob.

 

“Because of me...” Yoseob muttered under his breath as he kept pacing, thinking about their conversation last night.

 

“Not everything’s about you, !” Sapphy ran towards them in an arrogant manner, her hands filled with bags.

 

“You’ve gotten courageous, honey.” Hyunseung said with a smile as he took the bags from her.

 

“After yesterday, after what you idiots did to me, I’m not afraid to speak my mind!” She replied.

 

“What did we do?” Kikwang retorted.

 

“Umm, worked me like a slave that’s what! It just pisses me off to think that’s how you’ve been treating Naz... I mean Nayoung all this time!” Sapphy made furious gestures while talking to the boys.

 

Junhyung was about to say something but Hyunseung signalled him to stop with his hand. “Babe, we’re sorry okay? Now tell us what these bags are for and why isn’t noona here?” He said with a gorgeous smile.

 

“Aww, I can never stay mad at you!” Sapphy giggled before answering. “These are some food and other stuff Nayoung said you’ll need for the journey. There’s a name tag in all the bags so you know which one’s whose.” Hyunseung then handed out the correct bag to each member who then started looking through their bags. Sapphy continued, “And you, Yoseob-shi. Not everything’s about you. Nayoung had an exam today, that’s why she’s not here. Not for whatever reason you might be thinking.”

 

Sapphy then turned to Hyunseung and started quietly speaking to him, touching his hair every once in a while and giggling.

 

“Hold on!” Doojoon suddenly turned to Sapphy, panicking. “An exam today? But she was with us the whole time! When did she get time to study?”

 

She turned to look at Doojoon, glaring at him for ruining her moment with Hyunseung. “Why do you think she took yesterday off? TO STUDY!” Enunciating every syllable of the phrase, “To study.”

 

“Is one day enough?” Jiyong asked, as their other manager was back with their passports.

 

“Let’s go boys!” He called out, “Is one day enough for what?”

 

“Nayoung has an exam today.” Jiyong explained.

 

“Ah she should be fine, we took her ‘cause she was a genius... And we needed a lackey.” He explained. “Now let’s go before we’re late!”

 

As the boys were leaving, Hyunseung quickly kissed Sapphy in the forehead before joining the other boys as they were leaving. Sapphy, extremely happy all of a sudden, skipped her way out of the airport, attracting attention from way too many people.

 

On the plane Yoseob was staring out the window, sulking. Doojoon sat down beside him with a great huff, before turning his head slightly to Yoseob. “Now tell me.

 

“Tell you what?” Yoseob asked without looking away.

 

A flight attendant walked by, reminding everyone to put on their seat belts. The boys obeyed as they continued their conversation.

 

“Why you’ve been so gloomy ever since last night. You were bright and cheery when we came home. What happened when you talked to Nayoung-ie?”

 

“Nothing happened...” Yoseob mumbled, shifting his body away from Doojoon and towards the window.

 

“The means something definitely happened.” He now turned his whole body towards Yoseob. “You know what I’m capable of doing if you don’t tell me.”

 

“Fine...” Yoseob gave up and explained what had happened the day before. “And it makes sense, I probably would’ve clung onto any girl that night.”

 

“Huh.” Doojoon simply said as he turned back to a normal sitting position, pulling out an in flight magazine to skim over.

 

“What do you mean huh?” Yoseob turned to face Doojoon furious by his reaction. “My life feels like it’s falling apart and that’s all you gotta say?”

 

“It’s just that we didn’t think you loved her that much.” Doojoon stated matter-of-factly. He turned to face Yoseob once more, closing the magazine. “I mean come on, you’re so in love with her that you even let her dictate if you love her or not. Only wives and mothers have that much control over someone.” He said as he went back to a normal sitting position, flipping through the magazine once more. “And trust me, she ain’t your mother.”

 

Yoseob sat there, dumbfounded, pondering over Doojoon’s words. “Wait, what do you mean ‘that much’?”

 

He closed the magazine once again, and turned towards Yoseob. “Dude, everyone knows you’re in love with Nayoung. Even management knows about it and they’re like ‘Hallelujah! There’s someone! But hey, unlike Nayoung I won’t tell you how to feel. You should already know.”

 

Yoseob looked away from Doojoon and stared blankly at the floor. “That’s the thing, I don’t know how I feel. Things with Jieun and all...” He looked up to see a worried Doojoon looking at him. “It’s just that, I thought, I truly believed that I was in love with Jieun... What I feel for Nayoung is different... Much stronger. Sometimes it scares me how strongly I feel for her.”

 

Doojoon smiled compassionately. “And that’s your answer. If what you had with Jieun was love, then this is much greater than that. So shouldn’t it be something better and more beautiful than that? Pursue however you may, always know that we’re here if you need someone to fall back on.”

 

“What if I ruin our friendship thinking it’s love?” Yoseob asked worriedly.

 

“What if she loves you too and is just afraid to show it because of the same reason? They way the two of you are, either you’ll live happily ever after together or have your heart broken. It’s a risk you gotta take.” Doojoon wisely replied.

 

“Hmm, let me think about it a bit more...” Yoseob said as he leaned his head back in his seat and slowly drifted off to sleep.