The Realization

The Story That Just Began...

Hey people! Sorry AwesomestME that I'm uploading late when I said I'd upload like 10 hours ago... Hehe... blush

So Enjoy, comment and subscribe! Not necessarily in that order.

 

----------------------------------------------x----------------------------------------------

 

 

December 30th, 2015

 

It's been a few days since the incident, and everything seemed to be gong fine. Yoseob was being cheerful and childish during performances and shows, but the people close to him knew something was wrong. All the Beast members noticed that even though he was cheerful in front of the camera and fans, he barely smiled when he was not. Doojoon noticed that Yoseob would be leaning more on him and the members than he used to, always seeming to be tired. He even took on more activities to do, barely giving him any time to rest, or even think. The boys tried their best to cheer him up, but nothing seemed permanent.

 

They had just finished performing one song and had come stage to rest, while Shinee was performing. Nayoung was giving them some snacks to replenish their energy when Siwon knocked on their waiting room door.

 

“Excuse me Nayoung-shi?” Siwon called out looking for her.

 

All the Beast members stood up, surprised to get a visit from a sunbae. They bowed politely before pointing towards Nayoung, who had her back turned to Siwon. She turned to see who had called her name, and was equally surprised to see Siwon.

 

“Siwon-shi...” She said as he walked closer to her.

“You...” He muttered, “look different.” He ended with an awkward laugh.

“Oh, just say it that I look like a man. I don't mind.” She said confidently, “Did you need me for anything?” She was kind of disappointed that Siwon judged her based on her appearance, but didn't mind much.

 

“No, you don't look like a man... Actually you look quite cute like this...” He blushed furiously as he scratched his head. The Beast boys looked at the pair intently, only Yoseob looking on with a bored expression. Siwon cleared his throat before continuing, “I was wondering, would you go out with me? Tomorrow night?”

 

Nayoung was shocked at the sudden question, and just stared at him not knowing what to do. Siwon just kept on babbling, “You know if you're busy because Beast has schedule, then I totally understand. It's just that tomorrow's my only free night in a while. I wanted to text you but felt that it was inappropriate to ask someone out over phone...”

 

Nayoung was confused whether to go out with him. She looked at Yoseob from the corner of her eyes, hoping for some answers. He just weakly smiled at her before turning. Disappointed by Yoseob's reaction she turned her attention back to Siwon, who was still talking.

 

“...see you. So...” He looked at Nayoung hopefully, who smiled sweetly back at him.

 

“I don't have any schedule... So I guess we can go.” The boys cheered at her answer, making both Siwon and Nayoung blush.

 

“So... I'll pick you up at 8:00 pm?” He nervously said.

 

“Sure...” She smiled, but before she could say anything more, Siwon suddenly gave her a quick hug before leaving fast, flashing her his gorgeous smile.

 

The boys cheered even louder at the hug, making Nayoung blush even more. Flustered, she spoke, “Shut up! You guys are too loud! And get out there, your performance will start soon.” She started shooing the boys out, when she noticed Yoseob looked really pale. She grabbed his arm to stop him, giving him a bottle of water, “Are you okay? You don't look that good.” She felt his forehead to see if he had a fever, which was slightly warm but not enough for a fever.

 

“I'm fine.” He said as he drank the water, gently pushing her hand away. “Don't worry too much about me. Worry about your date for tomorrow.” He said with a weak smile as he pulled her nose, his signature move.

 

“I told you not to pull my nose!” She said rubbing her nose, before looking up at him, “Take medicine when we get home, okay? I have to go fix your schedule for next week so I'll be a little late coming home, okay?”

 

He nodded lightly before heading off to the stage. She looked at him one last time, before picking up her things to go meet with a PD to arrange their schedule. It took her longer than she expected, since both sides had conflicting schedules to work with. It was already 1:00 am by the time she went home. She quietly peeked into the rooms of all the boys, checking if they were home and sleeping. She sighed happily, quietly walking to her room, wondering if Yoseob actually took his medicine before quickly falling asleep.

 

The next day was very busy for the Beast boys, they had a photoshoot early in the morning, then they had a variety show. Even though the day was jam packed, they were done by 7:00 pm, and had the rest of the day off to enjoy their new years eve. The boys decided to visit their families since they hadn't seen them in such a long time, and also because they had the next day off too.

 

Everyone quickly got ready and left one by one. Yoseob was getting ready a bit slower than usual, so Nayoung went to check up on him. “Yah, what's taking you so long? Quickly get ready and get out!” She leaning against the door to his room as he packed some clothes.

 

“Are you that eager to get me out?” He chuckled, throwing a dirty t-shirt at her, which she expertly caught.

 

“Yes, I am. I have a date with the one and only Shisus!! And I don't wanna be late because of you.” She stuck her tongue out at him.

 

“Fine, go change. We'll wait downstairs for Siwon hyung and I'll leave after he picks you up.”

 

“Seriously?” She said, her eyes twinkling with happiness. “I was worried about waiting alone! I'll quickly go change into something nice.”

 

She ran away to her room and came out wearing a simple, navy blue dress that hit her knees. It had short sleeves, exposing her long slender arms. She had her hair up in a casual bun like usual but didn't have her glasses. She also had a pair of sliver heels, but didn't look uncomfortable in them even though the boys have never seen her in anything but running shoes.

 

“How do I look?” She asked Yoseob who was waiting for her at the door. He stared at her for a while, looking her up and down. She blushed at the way he was looking at her, she quickly looked away. He walked up to her, and stopped right in front of her.

 

“Your hair.” He said, pointing.

“What about my hair?” she asked, touching her hair to see if there was something on it.

“Let it down.” He sighed.

“Why?” She looked at him, confused.

“You look better with your hair down.” He said with a weak smile.

 

She looked at his face closely as she undid her hair, which fell down to cover all of her back. His face was paler now than before, eyes slightly droopy. He looked really tired, making her worry.

 

“Oi, what's with your face?” She asked as she felt his forehead again, which was burning now. “You have a high fever!” She almost screamed.

 

He pushed away her hand again, shaking his head. “I'm fine. You are not allowed to worry about anything else but yourself today, okay?”

 

She was about to protest when he dragged her out of the apartment. When they were leaving the elevator, a picture fell out of Yoseob's hand. Nayoung hadn't noticed that he was carrying that picture, until he dropped it.

 

“Wait, you dropped something.” She called out as she bent down to pick up the picture. She froze when she saw the picture.

 

It was Jieun and Yoseob smiling happily.

 

Yoseob quickly snatched the picture away from her, turning away from her. She stood up, angrily grabbing his shoulder and making him turn to face her.

 

“Still? Even after all that happened?” She asked angrily, almost crying.

 

He didn't answer her, just looked away from her.

 

“Answer me! Why do you still love her even after she was so cruel to you??” She started crying, knowing how much he was suffering. “Do you like to torture yourself?”

 

“Yeah I like to torture myself!!” He yelled back at Nayoung, “How would you know what it's like to lose the one you love most...” He started tearing up as he spoke.

 

“Yoseob-ah... At least try to forget her...” She pleaded, holding onto his arm.

“Why do you care if I'm in pain or not?” Yoseob fumed, forgetting about everyone else except Jieun for a moment!

 

“BECAUSE IT HURTS WHEN YOU'RE HURT!!” She yelled in his face, who was stunned by her sudden outburst. She continued, “And not only me, you're hurting all of your friends, Doojoon hyung, Junhyung, Kikwang, Dongwoon, Hyunseung! Just because they don't show it doesn't mean they are not hurting! And what about your parents, huh? How do you think they'll hurt when they see you like this??”She angrily wiped away her tears as she glared at him for answers.

 

He looked at her for a while, overwhelmed by the sudden realization. He kept looking at her as he felt his legs go weak. He couldn’t see anything anymore, and suddenly felt the cold ground hitting him. The last thing he heard was Nayoung screaming his name before he lost consciousness.