The Weirdo

The Story That Just Began...

The Next Morning, December 16th, 2015

 

Nayoung knew how their schedule looked, as she was handed their weekly schedule before she left her older dorm room. She grudgingly woke up at 5 am. “And here I thought I would be able to sleep more...” She mumbled to herself putting on her glasses before getting to the washroom, “How the hell are they still alive after such hectic schedules?”

 

As she was about to go into the washroom, Doojoon came out of it, still half-asleep. “Nayoung-ah, you're awake? You could've slept a bit more, you went to sleep after us, no?”

She sleepily nodded in reply, “That's fine, I had to wake up to meet your manager anyways.”

“Oh, then I'll got wake up the other members.” He walked away wiping his face with a hand towel.

 

She quickly brushed her teeth, took a shower and got out. Everyone else was still sleeping by the time she got out, so she quickly got to the kitchen and made breakfast. She cooked a simple soup and rice, but this time she didn't use any recipes because she had seen her roommates cook soup before and she just modified the recipe slightly to suit to her taste. After she was done setting the table, she looked at the clock in the living room, which read 5:45 am. At that point, Doojoon was only able awaken his roommate, Hyunseung, who was using the washroom at that moment. She saw Doojoon struggling with Kikwang when she walked up to him and tapped him on his shoulder.

 

“Doojoon-ah go have breakfast and get ready,” she yawned, “I'll wake them up.”

“Yah, you don't know how they get, let me do it.”

“Just go and eat.” She said, in that chilling voice of hers.

“Yes!” He slightly unconsciously and went to have breakfast.

 

She walked up in between Kikwang's and Dongwoon's bed, sat on Kikwang's bed and lightly tapped his shoulder. “Kikwang-ah~” She said in a soothing voice, “Wake up! Omma made breakfast for you!” She tapped Dongwoon now, still sitting on Kikwang's bed, “Donwoon-ah~ wake up!”

 

“Omma, five more minutes!” Kikwang whined.

“Fdhgkfruwe” Said Dongwoon.

 

She tried one more time in her nice voice to wake them up, but when they still didn't wake up, she spoke louder but in her signature chilling voice. “Are you getting up right now or do I have to MAKE you get up?”

 

At this remark, both boys sit up straight in an instant, trying to remember who they are what they are doing.

 

“Ah, you're awake!” Nayoung said sweetly, as the boys' memories return to them, “I made breakfast so go eat!” She smiled warmly before getting up and leaving their room. They slowly follow her out and go to clean up.

 

Nayoung now walks into Junhyung and Yoseob's room, who for some odd reason still use their old bunk beds. Junhyung sleeps in the bottom bunk and was already awake when Nayoung walked.

“Noona...” He said sleepily while rubbing his eyes as a form of greeting.

“Go wash up and have breakfast. I'll wake up Yoseob.” She said with a smile, at which Junhyung nodded and left the room.

 

Doojoon looked from his food as he saw the members quickly getting up and getting ready for the day, amazed. “Wow,” he thought to himself, “This woman's seriously something to be able to have them get up this fast!”

 

“Yoseob-ah~ Wake up~” Nayoung tried her sweet voice on Yoseob, hoping for positive results. But she was too far away for him to hear. So she climbed up the ladder on the side bed and saw the back of his head facing her. She ruffled his hair lightly and called out again, but once again he didn't move.

 

“Yah! Yang Yoseob!” She screamed. He picked up his head at the sound of a woman's voice, forgetting who she was. He rolled over to see her face on the edge of the bed, not quite mad but not very happy either. He remembered who she was upon seeing her face, closed his eyes and said, “What do you want weirdo?”

 

All the members had stopped what they were doing momentarily as they heard Nayoung scream, but went back to their activities, remembering that Yoseob was the hardest to wake up.

 

She was shocked at him for calling her weirdo. “Yah! Get up right now or else...” She said strictly but not too loudly.

 

“Or else what?” Was his simple reply.

She smirked evilly, got up slightly higher on the ladder so she could reach Yoseob, and started pulling him by his ear as she got down.

 

“Ah, ah!” He screamed in pain, “Fine! I'm up! I'm up!” He sat up as she let go of his ear and got down.

“You know, a singer's ears are one of his most precious asset!” Yoseob said as he was rubbing his ear.

“Then don't create a situation where I have to pull it!” She said as she stuck her tongue out.

“What? You wait here!” He threatened as he started getting off the bed. Realizing a threat, she ran out, with Yoseob chasing her. She quickly hid behind Doojoon who was done eating now and was walking around.

 

“Yah! What the hell are you two doing so early in the morning?” Doojoon yelled at the two of them.

“She pulled my ear!” He complained, pointing at her.

“He wouldn't listen to me!” She whined back, sticking her tongue out at Yoseob.

“Stop it! Both of you!” Doojoon yelled, “Yoseob! It's your fault for not listening to her. You should wake up when you're told!”

“Bu-” Yoseob tried to defend himself but was cut off by Doojoon.

“No buts! Now go get ready.” Doojoon said, as Yoseob standing there sulking as Nayoung happily mocked him from behind Doojoon.

“And you!” Doojoon turned to face her, “You shouldn't have pulled his ears!”

“But Doojoon-ah~ He called me weirdo!” Nayoung tried to defend herself, fixing her glasses as she looked down.

“I don't care, the ear is very important for a singer!” Doojoon declared, to which she looked farther down, feeling wronged, “And why do you keep calling me Doojoon-ah? I'm definitely older than you!”

“But I hate calling people oppa!” She said looking up at his face, “It sounds girly!”

“Yah a girl is supposed to sound girly, weirdo!” Yoseob teased.

“Didn't I tell you to go get ready?” Doojoon glared at Yoseob, which made him walk away to get dressed. “Nayoung-ah, call me oppa, eh?” Doojoon said with a cute smile?

“How can omma call you oppa?” Kikwang said while eating, Dongwoon nodding beside him.

“Noona, might be the same age as you.” Junhyung said, to which Hyunseung nodded.

“Yeah, right!” Yoseob scoffed as he came out of the washroom, “No way is she older than me!”

“FINE!!!” Nayoung yelled, “I'll call you Doojoon-hyung. What about that?”

“Hyung?” Doojoon said, not pleased.

“It's either that or nothing.” Nayoung calmly said.

“Fine, I'll take that. It's weird to hear a kid call me by my name.”

“Omma isn't a kid!” Dongwoon angrily said, which made Nayoung laugh.

 

Yoseob sat down to eat and suddenly remembered something. “Weirdo, did you have breakfast yet?”

 

Nayoung turned to Yoseob, a goofy smile still lingering on her face, “No. Why?”

 

Yoseob got up, and dragged her by her hand to the table, making her sit sown beside him.

“Eat! You didn't have any dinner last night since we finished it all” Yoseob said feeling guilty, since all the members ate more than their usual amount last night, having homemade food after a long while. “And you probably didn't have any lunch either with you having to pack and move and what not.”

 

Yoseob passed his bowl of untouched rice to Nayoung, as Doojoon had gotten another bowl of rice for Yoseob. Touched by his gesture, Nayoung almost teared up, but not quite, “Aww, I didn't think anyone noticed! Thank you Yoseob-ah~” She ruffled his hair before starting eat, realizing that she was quite hungry from everything.

 

The boys were done eating and getting dressed by 6:30, at which point their manager walked in.

 

“Wake up sleepy heads or we'll be late for the hair salon!” He yelled as he was taking his shoes off. He looked up as he walked inside and was shocked to see everyone awake and ready to leave.

 

“Wha-what?” He stuttered, unable to hide his surprise.

All the boys pointed in Nayoung's direction, indicating it was her doing. She was still eating, sitting cross legged at the dining table, turned away from the table and towards the living room. She smiled awkwardly, not knowing what to do.

“Her?” The manager squeaked, wondering how she did it, “That small thing?”

“I'm not that small...” She said quietly taking another mouthful of rice.

“Omma's scary!” Dongwoon said.

“True, but noona's very nice too!” Hyunseung added.

“Omma? Noona?” The manager looked towards Nayoung shocked since she was much younger than them. Knowing why he was shocked, Nayoung shook her head vigorously, begging with her eyes to keep him silent.

 

The manager sighed, shaking his head, giving up trying to understand all the changes the little girl had already brought to Beast's life.

 

“So, Na-jee-ah-sshi.” The manager said her real in an extremely weird way.

“Please, call me Nayoung, Beast gave me that name for convenience sake.” She politely smiled at the manager.

 

He took a sit across from Nayoung, still shaking his head. “I don't know what you did, but whatever it is, keep doing it!” He said encouragingly. He then leaned closer to Nayoung, whispering so the others won't hear them, “Why didn't you tell them how old you are?”

“They just assumed I was older, and if they think I'm younger than them, I might not feel like an authoritative figure anymore.” She replied thoughtfully.

“True...” He leaned back, speaking louder again, “Oh well, I guess I don't need to convince the boys to let you stay anymore!! Saves me a hell of a lot of work. You already signed the contract, right?”

“Yes, yesterday when I went to the main office.”

“Good! Let's go boys!” He said as he was getting up, “Do you want to come with us today, just to get the hang of things while I'm still around?”

 

The boys looked at her hopefully, wanting to show off their new manager as if she was a new toy. But to their disappointment, she denied.

 

“Not today, and you'll be there tomorrow after my classes, right? That should be fine.” She smiled happily.

“Fine then, see you tomorrow.” Their manager said and lead the boys out.

 

“Take care Nayoung-ah~” Doojoon said.

“You too, hyung” She replied.

“Hyung?? Does she not know enough Korean or is it on purpose? What's wrong with this girl?” The manager thought, shaking his head as he walked out.

“Omma, bye!!” Kikwang and Dongwoon said, giving her hugs that surprised her.

“Oh, right, yes, take care!” She said with a smile, trying to get used to them.

“Noona, bye!” Hyunseung said.

“Noona call me if you need anything. You have my number right?” Junhyung said sincerely.

“That reminds me, where's my phone?” Nayoung said looking around.

“Ah! I forgot to give it back. Guys go ahead I'll be right out.” Yoseob said as the rest of the members left, while he went to his room.

 

He returned with her phone in his hand, he stretched out his hand to give it to her but took it back at the last moment. “Yah, give me my phone!” Nayoung yelled.

“Wait, before I give it back to you... I have something to say.” Yoseob said seriously.

“What is it?” She asked, worried.

“Just... Thank you for being so honest and casual with us. Because you were comfortable, the members were able to be relax with you. I know it's not easy for a girl to live with 6 guys... But... You gave us a much needed friend.” He said blushing.

 

She looked at him, with a kind smile on her face. “Gee, thanks. I didn't expect anyone to realize this since I always act so daft... Thank YOU for understanding,” She noticed he was blushing, “Aww, visual magnae's shy being all emotional!” She .

 

“Yah, that doesn't mean that we're even, ok?” He said with a goofy smile. He smirked and pulled on her nose, but not too hard. She still pretended to be hurt and yelped slightly.

 

“Ow, that hurt!” She said rubbing her nose.

“THAT, makes us even” He said with a smirk as he left the apartment, “Weirdo!”

 

She kept smiling as she closed the door, still rubbing her nose. No one, not even her, noticed that she was blushing furiously from the moment that Yoseob had said thank you.

 

-----------------------x-----------------------

 

A freakishly long chapter, once again. Hope it's not too long. ^^'

Comment!