The Return

The Story That Just Began...

So sorry to Rei_the_babyface for lying (again!). But not on purpose! It's winter break and I'm supposed to be doing a lot of things I didn't know existed before. Sorry!

Also, chapter may seem a little weird... So don't know if it should stay or not. If it changes the ending will stay the same, so yeah, it's the middle that I'm worried about.

 

So yeah.... enjoy, comment and subscribe!... Not necessarily in that order!

 

-----------------------------------------------x-----------------------------------------------

 

Nayoung walked in their apartment ahead of Yoseob, leaving the door open for him to follow her in. The boys were all still in the living room, except they all had fallen asleep, with their makeup still on. She softly smiled at the adult boys that always seemed to turn into little children around her, as if they were her own children. Yoseob just closely watched her, worried she might break down again. The whole way home she had been quiet, not saying a single word. She seemed better now though, being back in her home.

 

Nayoung quietly walked into the washroom, and came out with some make up remover and some pieces of cloth. She gently removed all their make ups while Yoseob watched from a little far away. She went to Kikwang last, since he always slept with his make up on it was a little harder to take it off. She rubbed his cheek a little too hard to get the foundation, BB cream and all the other products off his face, when he turned in his sleep and hugged her hand like a pillow. “Omma... don’t be sad...” He mumbled in his sleep as he hugged her hand tighter.

 

Nayoung looked up at Yoseob, and they quietly chuckled at Kikwang’s childishness. “Oh, I’m gonna miss my babies...” She mumbled in English, gently running her fingers through Kikwang’s stiff, gelled hair.

 

“Hmm?” Yoseob asked as he took a seat beside her, on her left side.

 

“Nothing... Sorry I can’t take your make up off for you...” She said apologetically while gesturing at her hand, “...Kinda tied up here.”

 

“It’s okay...” He said as he unconsciously put his arm on the couch, around Nayoung’s shoulder. “I don’t put on that much make up anyways.”

 

“And yet your skin’s bad.” Nayoung remarked as she took her free left hand grabbed the make up remover. “Hold.” She simply ordered as Yoseob confusedly took the bottle. She took a clean piece of cloth and neatly folded it.

 

“Pour.” She ordered once again and he obeyed, gently pouring some of it on the cloth. Yoseob put the bottle away as Nayoung started to gently clean his face.

 

“You don’t have to...” He gently said.

 

“Of course I do, otherwise you might think I’m picking favourite between my kids.”

 

“I’m not your kid!” Yoseob said, slightly irritated. “Stop treating me like one.” He said with a pout.

 

“Then stop acting like one, turn that way,” She said as she rubbed clean the side of his face. “To me, all six of you are like my long lost children, totally helpless without mommy.”

 

Furiously, Yoseob grabbed her hand. “I’m not the same as the others! Ever since the first time I saw you, you were different to me than the others! And you treated me different too! We are more than just friends and you know that better than me!” He hissed under his breath, still conscious of the sleeping members.

 

“Bu...” Nayoung was about to complain but was stopped short by his intense stare. The two kept staring, getting lost in each others eyes. Yoseob’s hand was slowly tightening around her shoulder, and he was slowly leaning towards her....

 

The alarm on Nayoung’s phone went off, waking everyone in the room and pulling the two away from each other.

 

“What the is that?” Junhyung groaned as he sat up.

 

“What time is it?” Doojoon said as he rubbed his eyes.

 

“It’s 5:00 am... Whose hand is this?” Kikwang said as he sat up, but oddly not letting go of the hand. “Omma!” He yelled as he noticed her there. “When’d you get home?”

 

All the boys suddenly felt fully awake and started bombarding her with questions. Nayoung just sighed lightly, her hand still being held by Kikwang like a kid holds his favourite toy. “Quiet!” She yelled, making everyone shut up all at once. “Gwang Ho brought me home are 3:30 a.m., we’ve been sitting here since then.”

 

“Noona, why didn’t you wake us then?” Hyunseung asked.

 

“Because you idiots barely get any sleep as it is, and I didn’t wanna take away the little time that you do get to sleep.” Nayoung calmly replied.

 

“But we were waiting for you!! Do you know how worried we were?” Dongwoon complained as he forced himself in between Nayoung and Yoseob, grabbing her other free arm. Yoseob looked at Dongwoon as if he was mental, but didn’t say anything. Doojoon noticed Yoseob’s irritation and gestured him to sit beside him, which he did.

 

“Yah! Am I a little kid for you to worried? And I was more worried about you!” Nayoung retorted back. “And I had every right to be. I come home and see you guys on the couch, not having showered! In a big mess!!!” She shouted at them.

 

“But...” Dongwoon slowly let of her hand, afraid he ticked her off.

 

“But,” Junhyung continued for Dongwoon (not really), “What the was that horrendous sound??”

 

“It’s called an alarm clock. You guys have to be at the salon by 7:00 and Sapphy’s coming in an hour to pick you guys up. So go get clean!”

 

“Okay!” Hyunseung said and rushed into the washroom before everyone, making the mood lighter. He was soon followed by Dongwoon to the other washroom who just didn’t want to be the last one.

 

Nayoung turned to see a smiling Kikwang who was still clinging on to her. “Aren’t you gonna let go? I have to cook.”

 

“Not unless you promise to not disappear again.” Kikwang replied.

 

“I didn’t disappear...” Nayoung started to say but was cut off by Doojoon.

 

“Yes, you did. And the thing is, we all want to disappear when we’re going through hard times, but we don’t. Because we know that the ones we love will be worried for us. But you...” Doojoon sighed and gave her a stern look. “Actually disappeared. We seriously thought for a while we wouldn’t see you.”

 

“I know we don’t seem like we care, but we do. We don’t treat you like our mother for no reason.” Junhyung replied while looking away.

 

Nayoung’s expressions softened and she smiled at her boys, “Oi, you really think it’s that easy for a person to disappear? And if I ever decided to disappear, you wouldn’t be able to find me even if you knew where I was.” She said with a dry laugh. “Don’t worry, I’ll never just abandon my kids. Now, please let go.” She begged Kikwang, who let go of her hand but hugged her stomach instead.

 

“No.” He cutely replied.

 

“But food...” Nayoung was cut off once again, but this time by Yoseob, who was silent the whole time.

 

“I’ll make breakfast, you need some sleep. You haven’t slept two days.” He said as he got up to go to the kitchen.

 

“How’d you know?” Nayoung softly mumbled, while resting her hands on Kikwang.

 

“We all knew.” Kikwang chirped, falling back asleep.

 

“You PMS when you don’t get enough sleep.” Junhyung teased as he got up to go to the washroom as Hyunseung walked out.

 

“Who PMSes?” He asked.

 

“Nayoung-ie.” Doojoon replied.

 

“Why?” Hyunseung asked.

 

Doojoon just stared at Hyunseung for a while, disgusted at his ability to be completely clueless. He then turned back towards. “Go sleep, we’ll be fine since we’re already up.”

 

“It’s okay, I’ll stay awake until you guys leave...” Nayoung protested.

 

“Omma, let’s go sleep! I’m tired too!” Kikwang nagged, but was promptly smacked by Doojoon who pulled him away.

 

“She should sleep, ALONE!” Doojoon pushed him towards the other washroom from which Dongwoon was now coming out. “YOU need to get ready.”

 

Nayoung smiled at them before lazily heading to her room, and falling asleep as soon as her head hit her pillow.

 

Sapphy soon came and saw a huge mess, no one having eaten and Nayoung fast asleep. She quickly went to the kitchen and shooed Yoseob away and made breakfast for them. After the boys had eaten, she somehow managed to get them out of the house on time. Bit before she left, she left a note behind for Nayoung, using her cellphone that she found at the bakery as a paperweight.

 

The photoshoot went relatively smoothly, with Sapphy nearly blowing her head off at the boys dependence on her. What amazed her was that Jiyong oppa and she was doing what Nayoung usually does on her own, ALONE, which seemed to make her mad even more. Only Hyunseung was able to calm her down so she wouldn’t rip any of the members apart.

 

All of them tried to call Nayoung once in a while, but was either stopped by Doojoon or Sapphy so they wouldn’t wake Nayoung up. However, Yoseob snuck away from everyone just to hear her voice, to see if she’s fine.

 

“Why’s he so antsy to talk to her?” Sapphy asked when she saw Yoseob sneak away, finally giving up trying to stop him.

 

“Siwon dumped her last night... That’s why we’ve all been worried about her.” Hyunseung said as he gently put a hand around her waist.

 

“I’m sorry, what?” Sapphy screeched in English as she moved away from Hyunseung to look at him.

 

“Yeah, I guess she didn’t tell you, she wouldn’t have told us either if we weren’t there...” And Hyunseung told her everything. Sapphy just listened in disbelief before she started swearing and yelling, almost bringing the photoshoot to a halt.

 

Yoseob heard all the yelling as he was sneaking away, but paid no attention to it since he was used to people blowing their heads off. He snuck into a hallway and was about to call Nayoung when he heard a familiar voice.

 

“Hello, Yoseob-shi.” The woman said with a smirk as she walked up closer to him.

 

He looked up horrified to see Sasha there.

 

“I hope you know me, otherwise all my efforts would’ve been a big waste. I’m a big fan.” She said as she stopped right in front of him. “How is Nayoung these days?”

 

“Get the out of here.” Yoseob hissed through his gritted teeth.

 

“But that’s not my reason for being here,” She said holding up a single picture in front of him. “I just wanted you to inform you that if you do not fire Nayoung, this will become public.”

 

Yoseob looked at the picture, it was of him and Nayoung from last night, in the parking lot of the bakery.

 

“Oh, and this time I was thorough to make sure BOTH your faces are clearly seen.” She said with a smirk.

 

Yoseob stared at the picture for a while, then just smiled bitterly. “That’s not gonna happen.” He coldly said.

 

“What?” Sasha asked, shocked.

 

“I’m not firing Nayoung.”

 

“But you do realize the consequences, right? You’ll lose your popularity, she’ll definitely be reprimanded!” Sasha screamed at him, not understanding his reaction.

 

“I don’t care, I’m not doing anything that will take her away from me.” Yoseob sneered.

 

“What? You’d rather sacrifice your career to keep her close to you? What’s wrong with you? Why would you do that?” Sasha yelled at Yoseob as if she had any right to ask him that.

 

“BECAUSE I LOVE HER!!” He yelled back at Sasha, before he walked away, leaving a stunned Sasha behind who stormed away.

 

Yoseob was shocked himself to have admitted it, not just to her but to himself as well. “I have to see Weirdo now...” He mumbled as he ran back towards the members, wanting to quickly finish the photoshoot.

 

*On the Other Side, Noon of Same Day*

 

Nayoung woke up to see the whole apartment empty, with some food left behind for her. She groggily walked to the dining table after brushing, looking at the food with suspicion when she found a little note in English for her.

 

“Naz,

 

How the do you get these guys to do anything??? No time right now, text me when you wake up. Eat up!

 

Sapphy

 

P.S. Yoseob can’t cook, I did the cooking, so it tastes fine.

P.P.S. I went to the bakery we always go to, and the waitress gave me your phone. I hear you were there with Yoseob, anything I should know about? ;P”

 

“Can this woman read my mind?” She mumbled as she put the note and her phone away, and started eating. After her brunch, she left for university. She didn’t text Sapphy because she knew she’d be too busy to reply anyways. She stayed at the university even after her classes, to catch up on the homework and notes she had missed. While she was deep in her work in a library, she received a text around 5:00 p.m.

 

“Must be from Sappy.” She thought, but was shocked to see who the text was from. The colour drained from her face as she read the contents.

 

“*Insert oppa in your language here*

You got beat up? Why didn’t you call me?”

 

She quickly replied back, fearing the worst.

 

“Nazia

*Insert oppa in your language here*, I didn’t get beat up. And you know I can take care of myself.”

 

She soon received a furious text.

 

“*Insert oppa in your language here*

THERE’S A VIDEO OF YOU GETTING BEAT UP!!! You want me to send it to you?”

 

She frantically replied back.

 

“Nazia

*Insert oppa in your language here*, I’m fine. It was just a little squabble.”

 

Next she received a phone call rather than a text.

 

“Let’s see,” The man didn’t even wait for Nayoung’s hello. “You tore ligaments in both your ankles, have 2 broken ribs which I read are yet to heal, fractured right ulna, internal bleeding in your thigh... Should I go on?”

 

Nayoung was shocked that he found her medical report. She was quite thorough to make sure no one, not even the university or the company knew about it. The only person that knew was her doctor and her.

 

“How did you...?” Nayoung asked, dumbfounded.

 

“Baby, I’m sorry to tell you I know more people in Korea than you. It’s a work thing. But I’m still surprised you were able to keep it from me for this long.” The man said sarcastically.

 

“Please don’t tell mom...” She sighed back, her face in her hands.

 

The man could be heard sighing over the phone. “Honey, you’re suppose to tell me these kind of things, I’m worried about you, this is the first time you’ve been this far away from me, it’s a good thing the doctor’s a friend of mine.”

 

“But he’s so old!”

 

“He just acts like that, he’s actually 35.”

 

“Huh....”

 

“We’re getting off topic here. How’s your ribs?”

 

“It still hurts a bit, but the doctor said ribs are getting back together fine. The legs all healed itself but the fracture still bugs a bit when I try to lift heavy things.”

 

“Why are you lifting heavy things? You’re a manager not a maid!”

 

“Ugh, it’s more like I’m their mother, they need me to do everything!” She groaned.

 

“What? I didn’t see ‘mothering’ in the contract.” The man fumed.

 

“*Insert oppa in your language here,* it was my choice! Don’t you dare do what I think you’re thinking of doing.” Nayoung threatened.

 

“Oh I will! And one more thing!” The man shouted.

 

“What?” She yelled back.

 

“Stay away from Yoseob! I don’t like him being so close to you.”

 

“Why are you jealous someone else is taking your place?” Nayoung smirked into the phone.

 

“No!... I just don’t like him...” The man replied like a defiant child.

 

“Really?”

 

“Really... Love you.” He sweetly said.

 

“Love you too!” She said with a big grin.

 

“Good bye.” and he hung up before she could say anything.

 

She laughed at his reaction, but knew that’s just how he showed her love for him. She packed her bag and was about to leave when she saw Sasha standing behind her.

 

Nayoung scoffed before shoving past Sasha, but she was stopped when Sasha harshly grabbed her right hand. Nayoung squirmed in pain from her broken ulna, making Sasha smirk.

 

“Seems like I did more damage than they claim.” Sasha said letting go of her hand.

 

“What do you want?” Nayoung asked, rubbing her hand.

 

“What I’ve always wanted, for you to stay away from B2ST.”

 

“Not gonna happen.”

 

“Not even if I made this public?” She asked holding up the picture.

 

Nayoung looked at the picture in shock, and cursed at herself for being so vulnerable. “That’s what you get for playing with someone else’s man.” Sasha coldly said.

 

“Yeah, right...” Nayoung scoffed and looked.

 

“Now, if you don’t want this to become public, leave the job right now.” Sasha crossed her hands across her chest. Seeing no change in her expression, Sasha continued, “Yoseob’s a weird person you know that?”

 

Nayoung looked at her suspiciously but let her continue. “He’s willing to sacrifice his career just to keep you near him. Isn’t that cute?” She said evilly, while Nayoung stared confused. “He even said he loved you... Are you still willing to let this picture go in public and ruin the life of the man that loves you?”

 

“Stop lying.” Nayoung said as she walked, only to be stopped by Sasha’s voice.

 

“I’m not. And you’ll soon find out when you go back home.” She walked up to Nayoung, “How sad would it be if you two had to separate BECAUSE you love each other?”

 

“It’s not gonna happen.” Nayoung hissed.

 

“What’s not gonna happen?” Sasha innocently asked.

 

“What you think will happen once the picture’s released.”

 

Sasha looked at her confused, while Nayoung continued. “I guess you don’t know my nickname.” She took a step closer to Sasha, towering over her. “I’m B2STOmma, and what’s wrong with a mother hugging her child?” Nayoung smirked while Sasha’s jaw dropped. “Other people don’t know that Yoseob loves me, hell, you could be making that up right now to piss me off.”

 

Nayoung turned away from her, “Do what you want, you could just help me with my popularity.” She walked away victoriously, leaving an angry Sasha behind.

 

Sasha smirked after Nayoung left, “This isn’t the end, Nayoung-shi.”

 

*Back at the apartment*

 

When Nayoung got home around 7:00 p.m., she still had some doubts whether Sasha was lying or not. She was certainly hoping it was a lie, but her fears became reality when she saw Yoseob waiting at home for her, with a big grin on his face.

 

“I need to talk to you.” Yoseob said as soon as he saw her.

 

“Me too.” She said and took him to her room, since she feared Sasha might still be keeping an eye out.

 

“I’ll go first.” Yoseob eagerly said. “I...I love you.”

 

“No, you don’t.” Nayoung interrupted, and Yoseob let her continue. “Let’s forget about last night.”

 

Yoseob was shocked and didn’t know what to say. He just stared at her confusedly, hoping she wasn’t going to say what he dreaded.

 

“Last night, I was sad, I was vulnerable and you were the only one there... So I took shelter in you.” Nayoung turned away so he wouldn’t see her face. “If it was one of the other guys, I would’ve been the same, and you had broken with your girlfriend so you were vulnerable too... We both needed some warmth... and we were only ones there....”

 

“What do you mean?” As much as Yoseob hated to admit it, but she made sense. Maybe it wasn’t love... Just dependence.

 

“We don’t love each other. Even I thought I loved you last night...” Her voice shook a little but Yoseob didn’t hear it. “But I thought about it, and I just needed someone for that time, not for an eternity.”

 

She turned and smiled at him. “Let’s give it some time. Tomorrow you’re going to Japan for a concert and you’ll be there for a week. I can’t go because of my classes so we’ll actually have some time to think. If we still feel that we love each other even at that point, which I doubt we will, maybe we’ll give it a try. ‘Kay?”

 

Yoseob stared at her, unable to get angry for so easily rejecting his love. All of it made sense, every little bit, and they both knew it did. He still hasn’t forgotten Jieun, but what he feels for her is very different than what he felt for Jieun. Maybe it was just dependence, simple compassion, a fleeting moment of confusion.

 

Nayoung knew he would get over her if he stayed away from her long enough. She knew he was vulnerable from the break up, and the she was his only solace. She was a ticking bomb, counting down the time they had together before she would disappear forever. Even though it broke her heart, she needed both of them to realize that they weren’t meant to be.

 

Only time will tell if their feelings are as fickle and fragile as they both seem to think.