The Real Hand

The Story That Just Began...

Seriously? None of you have any idea what we can do to figure out who's more lazy?... Huh.

Anyways, my school started so I'd be like extremely happy if I can update once a week, which will be my goal. So bear with the extreme slow...ness.... yeah...

So, this chapter seems to be all over the place, at least to me. BUT the REAL hand actually does something here.

 

So enjoy, comment and subscribe!... Not necessarily in that order!

 

-----------------------------------------------x-----------------------------------------------

 

Back at the Hospital

 

“What the hell is he gonna do?” Nayoung thought as she saw his left hand reaching for her face, slightly dazed. Even though everything was flowing at a normal pace, it seemed to be running at slow motion for Nayoung. She suddenly caught his hand as it almost touched her face, and nervously looked at a confused Yoseob. “What are you doing?” She asked cautiously.

 

“You have a piece of lint on your hair.” He said pointing. He gently released his left hand from hers with his other hand, and softly held it on her lap as he took the lint out of her long, flowing hair. Her was a mess, tangled everywhere from how she slept. He carefully tucked a stranded lock of hair behind her right ear, before he gently cupped her face in his hand. He lightly ran his thumb along a light purple bruise on her cheek, as he looked sincerely at it.

 

“O-oi!” She squeaked, as she was unable to speak from his sudden touch. She has been in physical contact with him many times, whether it be a slap on the back or a friendly hug, but none of their previous encounters had ever made her heart race so fast. Rather than his touch, it was his gaze that was making her mind go blind.

 

“I'm sorry...” He whispered, almost to himself, after a brief moment of silence. She stared into his eyes, which were now looking down at their united hands. She relaxed, understanding his feelings, and smiled softly.

 

“It's not your fault...” She said softly with a smile. She gently touched his hand with her right hand, before bringing it down from her face. “It's no one's fault really.”

 

“It is my fault!” He looked into her eyes as he held her hands tighter, but careful not to hurt her. “If I wasn't so dependent on you, none of this would've happened!”

 

“Yah, I'm your manager! You're supposed to depend on me!” Nayoung said in a jokingly, trying to lighten the mood.

 

“You know that's not what I meant!” Yoseob looked at her furiously, not understanding why she wouldn't just be mad and blame him for all the pain he caused.

 

“Okay, fine! You depended on me as a friend. Are you saying that you regret considering me as your friend?” She asked him, almost hurt.

 

“That's not what I meant...” He said defensively, looking away, “But maybe that would've been better...”

 

“So you would've preferred it if I stayed a loner in Korea? So no one would care for when I got hurt?” She angrily took her hands away from him and turned away to look at the door, tears threatening to burst out of her eyes.

 

“Then this wouldn't have happened in the first place!” Yoseob cried, slapping the edge of the bed in frustration.

 

“This would've happened even if you stayed away from me...” Nayoung angrily hissed under her breath. She wiped away some angry tears that did escape her eyes before turning to face Yoseob.

 

He was shocked to see her cry, not understanding how but knowing that he did hurt her feelings. “I'm the type of girl that most girls don't like.” Nayoung continued. “I'm not good looking, and I wear crap all the time.” She wiped more tears with the back her hand as they flowed more freely now. “But I still end up getting what I want, because I work hard for it. But those girls don't understand that!”

 

Tears were flowing out her eyes continuously now, from being emotionally and physically hurt, as waving her hands in anger stretched her bruised muscles. “Even Sasha was jealous because I had the job while she did nothing! They always thought there was something wrong with me, but I always moved on and started hanging out with guys more. Then they started calling me a for hanging out with guys!” She said as flailed her hands angrily to get all her frustrations out. “And then, guys stopped hanging out with me because they didn't wanna be seen with a ! It's always like this! I won't say I don't have friends, but it still hurts when you see other people looking at you as if you're a freak!” She finally paused to wipe some tears away, hurting herself as she pressed too hard on her bruise. “Ow... Now if you think that you were wrong to be friends with me then please, leave.” She said pointing at the door.

 

Yoseob stared at her wordlessly as she unknowingly yelled in English. He didn't understand most of it, but he could feel her frustration and somehow understand her feelings. It always bugged him that none of her friends ever called her from university, that no one ever texted or mailed her. So when he did find out about Sapphy, he felt more relieved than jealous that she had friends outside of the band. Nayoung kept yelling as she pointed at the door and flailed her around, but he couldn't hear anything anymore. Nayoung was crying and it felt weird to see her cry like this, because of him, and he didn't like it at all.

 

Nayoung was too busy yelling to notice that Yoseob had stood up and sat beside her on the bed. He softly grabbed her shoulder and pulled her into a gentle hug, resting his left hand on her head as tears guilt flowed from his eyes.

 

“Let me go!” She yelled into his chest, trying shove him away from herself, still speaking in English.

 

“No... I won't.” He stammered his answer in English. She suddenly stopped moving completely, her hands resting on his chest and stared into his shirt wide eyed. Only now did she realize that she had been speaking in English, and felt embarrassed that she had let her emotions take control of her like that, when she knew he had meant no such thing.

 

“Yah, let go...” she softly said, sniffing to try to stop her runny nose.

 

“Nope.” He simply answered.

 

“...Why?” She asked, slowly relaxing in his hug.

 

“Because you'll hurt yourself more if you keep moving like that.” Yoseob buried his face in her head, trying to stop himself from crying.

 

Nayoung's fingers wrapped around his shirt, grabbing it lightly as more tears started flowing out of her eyes. She finally rested her head on his chest, crying her eyes out.

 

“I'm sorry, I didn't mean that. I'd always want you as a friend no matter what.” Yoseob murmured into her ears.

 

Nayoung violently shook her head in his chest, her grip on his shirt becoming tighter, to indicate that was not why she was crying. Confused by her reaction, he picked his head up and looked down at her, “Then....?” He asked softly, waiting for her reply.

 

“I MISS MY MOMMY!!!” She suddenly cried out, wrapping her arms around him.

 

Yoseob was so shocked that he let go of Nayoung for a second. He stared at her in disbelief and hugged her once again, chuckling to himself. He patted her head as she continued explaining.

 

“My momma is also like that, hugging me when I cried!” She cried into his shirt.

 

“Yah, all mothers are like that, Weirdo!” Yoseob teased.

 

“No! My momma is really, really sweet, like you!” She broke away from his hug to look into his face to be more assertive, looking at him like a lost puppy.

 

“Yah, are you PMS-ing? How can you switch moods that fast?” Yoseob asked as he leaned back on the headboard, moving slightly away from Nayoung.

 

She stared at him wide eyed. “How did you know? I thought I was hiding it well...” She mumbled sat cross-legged facing Yoseob, forgetting her physical pain in her moment of excitement.

 

“Really? You are? I was just kidding...” He moved back a bit more, suddenly cautious of his actions.

 

“Wait...” She looked at Yoseob's tear stricken face. “Did you cry?”

 

“What? No!” He said, embarrassed, as he tried to wipe away the tear remnants from his face.

 

Nayoung smiled softly at Yoseob as softly grabbed his hands moving it away from his face. “I guess your fans will seriously kill me now... I made you cry...” Nayoung gently said she wiped away his tears.

 

Yoseob held her hand in place and smiled back at her. “You fans will kill me first, I hurt you...”

 

“Know one thing: I'll always be there whenever you're hurt or sad.” Nayoung spoke seriously as she traced the dried tear marks on his face.

 

“And I'll be there when you need me.” Yoseob said brightly, making Nayoung blush.

 

“Oi, I'm too awesome to need Baek Gwangho!” She declared as she retreated her hand from his face. “I am Jeong Nayoung after all!”

 

“Yah! I told you not too call me that!” Yoseob snapped at her.

 

“Like I care!” She stuck her tongue out at him.

 

“Ooooh, wait 'till you get better and just watch what I do!” He said standing up from the bed.

 

“Just try!” She tried to stand up too, but the pain from all the bruises and cuts were suddenly too much to handle, as she fell back on the bed. “Ah!” She yelped, as everything out for just a second from pain.

 

“Weirdo! Are you alright?” Yoseob was back beside her in a flash, helping her sit up right.

 

“I'm fine, I just moved too fast.” She said as she leaned against her pillows and took a deep breath to get rid of the pain. She grabbed hold of his shirt to steady herself, when her deep breath caused a sharp pain in her ribs.

 

“Seriously, I'm gonna call the nurse...” He said as he held onto her hand on his shirt, his other hand resting on her shoulder.

 

“Don't, they are probably taking a break right now, it's still to early.” Nayoung said as she flattened her hand on his chest. “Why is your shirt wet?” She asked curiously as she let go of his shirt.

 

“Who the hell just bawled their eyes out on my chest?” He mocked, slightly shaking the shirt in a failed attempt to get it dry.

 

“Right... Sorry.” She played with her fingers in embarrassment for a couple of seconds, before her eyes shot back to Yoseob. “You're wearing a shirt??” She exclaimed she noticed for once he wasn't in a t-shirt when he had the option to choose what to wear.

 

“So? You're the one that said I wear too much t-shirts... So I thought I'd change it up a bit...” He said as he randomly took out the breakfast the members had prepared. “You need to wash up and eat!” He said trying to change the topic, even though he didn't understand why.

 

“Fine...” She said grudgingly. Nayoung carefully dangled her legs down the side of the bed that Yoseob was on, trying to move as slowly as possible as not to aggravate her pain, with little success. Nayoung groaned in pain as she slowly slid down her high bed, yelping out in pain as her feet hit the floor, immediately falling over.

 

Yoseob was getting ready to help her when she fell over, and caught her just in the nick of time. “You should call me if you can't stand! I totally forgot that sprained both of your ankles.” Yoseob said as he supported her by holding onto her waist from the side.

 

“I'm fine...” She mumbled as she wrapped one of her arms around his neck, the other hand grabbing his shoulder.

 

“Fine, then I'll let go...” He said as he playfully pretended to let go of her, earning a frightened yelp from Nayoung. “You're too stubborn, you need to learn to rely on others sometimes!” He said as he carefully supported her to the washroom.

 

“This is a rare case, I can totally live without relying others.” She asserted cockily.

 

“Sure...” He mumbled, rolling his eyes at her cockiness.

 

He once again supported her back to the bed once she was done in the washroom, even picking her up to put her in her bed.

 

“Don't eat at all? Why are you so light?” He asked as he put her down on the bed in an upright position, her back leaning against the pillows once again. “You should eat more!” He said as he put the blanket on top of her.

 

“I do eat! And you don't need to worry about it.” She said as she crossed her arms over her chest.

 

“You're such a kid...” He said under his breath as he offered her kimbap. “Eat up!”

 

She defiantly ate the kimbap from his chopsticks, the struggle of going to the washroom left her almost immobile. He knew that very well, which is why he fed her, and knew that was the only way he could get her to eat a proper amount of food.

 

After forcibly feeding her most of the breakfast that they had made, he even fed her her medicine. Afterwards, he took a seat beside her on the bed, enjoying the leftover kimbaps as she reached out for the remote, but stopped half way as it hurt her a lot. He took the remote and turned it on to a rerun of a historical drama, before putting the remote away.

 

“Oi, I don't like historical dramas!” Nayoung complained, wiggling since that was all she was capable of doing at the moment.

 

“But I do, if you want to watch something else, change the channel yourself.” He teased as he put his feet up on the bed, getting very comfortable.

 

She glared at him as he watched his drama, but let it go since he was so helpful today. “Whatever..”

 

Yoseob then smirked and changed the channel to a rerun of romantic comedy, knowing that was one of Nayoung's favourite drama.

 

Nayoung's eyes brightened up as she saw her favourite drama starting. “Thanks so much! I owe you big time!”

 

“Aah, and you said you wouldn't need me for anything! Now you can't even change the channel without me!” He , enjoying how her face turned bright red in anger.

 

“I can totally change the channel!” She painfully grabbed the remote from him and changed it back to the historical drama to prove her point.

 

“Oh really?” He said as he grabbed the remote from her and put it on the bedside table, where it was hard for even a healthy to reach with Yoseob in between.

 

Nayoung glared at him for a bit and turned back to the television, turning a little too fast which made her gasp in sudden pain. Yoseob put an arm around her and held her close to him, so she couldn't move. “Now you even need me to stop you from hurting yourself!” He mocked as he shook his head watching the television. She watched boring drama with his hand around her, getting sleepy from boredom and medication.

 

I just hope I won't always need you like this...” She thought to herself as she drifted off to sleep on his shoulder.