The Heartburn

The Story That Just Began...

First: Over 600 views!! Yay!!

Second: This chapter's dedicated to my silent readers, since I feel that I've been ignoring you since I haven't really comunicated with you like the way I comment back to the loud ones. I still love you, my epic loud readers.

Third: Kinda disappointed that nobody picked up the little thing where Nayoung feels sad that Yoseob is proposing to someone else but blames it on her bra. I guess it didn't come out the way I wanted it to. -_-'

...I need to work harder. x-(

Shorter chapter, but please do comment and subscribe!

Enjoy!

 

--------------------------------x--------------------------------

 

December 26th, 2015

 

Yoseob had spent the entire crying in Nayoung's arm, not because he had lost his love, but because he had loved the wrong person. Even though he hated her at that point, he felt that he still loved her.

 

Soon the sun was rising and all his tears had dried up. Even though he did not want to move, Nayoung forced him to go home and put him in her bed since she didn't want to wake Junhyung. Yoseob was very tired from the ordeal, and fell asleep as soon as she put him to bed. He didn't even notice where he was before he fell asleep.

 

She walked out of her room soon after he fell asleep. As she was coming out, she saw Doojoon coming out of his room.

 

“When did you come back?” He asked rubbing his eyes. His face suddenly brightened up, as he and the rest of the members knew where he was going last night. “Where's Yoseob? I bet he's staying over at her place!”

 

Nayoung looked at the door to her room and sighed. “He's sleeping in my room.”

 

Doojoon frowned at Nayoung, noticing her puffy eyes. “Why? Did something happen? Did you cry?” He came closer to her, putting a hand on her shoulder.

 

Nayoung held that hand for a while before speaking, which made Doojoon worry even more. “Go wake up the rest of the members and meet me in the living room.” She sadly smiled before going to the living room to take a seat on a couch, her head leaned back as she had an arm covering her face.

 

Doojoon went to wake up the members, who quickly woke up at the worry in his voice and gathered around Nayoung. “Omma...” Dongwoon softly called out to Nayoung, wondering if she's awake.

 

“You guys are already here?” She sat up to face them all, before telling them exactly what happened. “...So what I'm saying is that, be completely normal around him.”

 

“Normal?” Kikwang fumed, “How can we be normal when he's going through such an ordeal?”

“I can't believe that Jieun would be like that...” Junhyung mumbled.

“Kikwang, calm down. She's right.” Doojoon said, “Do you think he'll like it if we start treating him differently?”

“Exactly! And it'll be harder for him to forget her since our behaviour will keep reminding him of her.” Hyunseung added.

 

They all stood there silently for a while, not knowing what to say or do next. Soon, one by one started leaving, going to the washroom and getting back on with their lives. Since they didn't have a morning schedule that day, they were lazing around the house afterwards when Yoseob woke up and walked out.

 

He looked at everyone, who didn't react much to him walking out of Nayoung's room. He sighed and as he was about to go to the washroom, Dongwoon called out. “Hyung, get dressed quick! We have to leave in an hour. And you take so long in the washroom!” He teased hoping to see Yoseob smile.

 

Yoseob slowly nodded, the ever-so-cheerful smile replaced with nothing as he walked into the washroom. The members were sad, but there was nothing they could do to make him happy.

 

The rest of the day went on like that, Yoseob being completely silent unless it was absolutely necessary for him to talk, and the members being normal, or at least trying. Nayoung watched silently from the sides, as it hurt her to see him so hurt, but hurt her even more to not be able to help him. When they went home that night, Yoseob stopped in the living room as the boys were getting ready to go to bed.

 

“Guys...” He called out, and all the members unintentionally rushed over to him, “....Thanks” He quietly spoke after a few moments of silence. “I know you know, so it must be hard for you guys to act normally like this. But you have no idea how much this helps me.” He barely finished as he started crying again. Tear drops also formed in the eyes of the members, as they stood there watching him. Hyunseung all of a sudden goes up to him and hugs him, not saying anything and just silently crying with him. One by one all the other members joined in the hug, Junhyung being the last. “Yah, are we some girl group that we're crying like this?” Junhyung teased in the midst of all the crying which made everyone chuckle including Yoseob. Nayoung watched them from the kitchen, silently crying with them, believing that everything would be better now.

 

After everyone had fallen asleep, Nayoung went to her room to get to sleep, when she heard a knock on her door. She opened it to discover that Yoseob was standing there.

 

“Are you still hungry? You didn't eat much at dinner...” Nayoung said, hoping that was the reason why he wanted to meet her.

 

He shook his head as he grabbed her hand and dragged her to the balcony. By this time, she knew he had something important to share, but he just stared at her quietly without saying anything. She knew he was having trouble, so she spoke as if she was irritated, just to get him to be more comfortable. “Yah, if you don't have anything to say, I'm gone.” She turned around to leave when she felt his hand around her wrist.

 

The next thing she knew, Yoseob was holding her in his arms, quite tight. She was having trouble breathing but she didn't say anything, not because she didn't want to, but because was dry. Her heart skipped a beat when she realized that he had been hugging her, but not one of those friendly hugs that they shared on a regular basis, this was special.

 

“Weirdo...” He spoke softly, “Thank you.”

“Eh?” She said as she was snapped back into reality.

“Thank you for everything. You worked so hard to make it perfect, but it all got ruined. I'm sorry.”

“It's n-” She was about to speak when she was cut off by him.

“You're great, you know?” He said as he pulled back. “You're the greatest friend a person can have. You understand me so well, I don't know how you do it.” He smiled a little before continuing. “You're the only girl I'll ever trust now... Maybe because I don't see you as a girl.” He smiled sadly, teasing her.

 

Nayoung's heart that was beating rapidly from his hug shattered into thousands of pieces. Even though he was joking she knew that there was some truth hidden behind it, but she just smiled at him. “Yah, I already proved to you that I can be girly if I wanted!” She smacked his hand.

 

“Ow! That hurt!” He laughed. Nayoung was relieved to see him laugh, forgetting her own heart break.

“It'll hurt even more if you speaking like that!” To which, Yoseob quickly walked away, feeling fresh after a long time.

 

Nayoung stayed at the balcony, the smile on her face disappeared as he closed the door to his room behind him. She held her chest as she thought to herself, “So that's what heart break is... I guess I like him?” She quickly shook her head as she tried to push the thought out. “No way! I'm just sad because he lost faith in people... Not because he doesn't think of me as a woman!” She laughed to herself, fooling herself into believing that she didn't like him. “Must have been the pizza that's causing the heartburn!” She mumbled as she went to her room to sleep.