The Proposal

The Story That Just Began...

First of all, to kyuri91, I'm sorry I couldn't upload yesterday as I promised but I wasn't feeling to well. Sorry! :P

Secondly, I wrote another story. It's kinda sad and on the opposite spectrum of this one so check it out if you want!

And don't forget to subscribe and/or comment!

 

----------------------------x----------------------------

 

December 25th, 2015

Christmas Eve

 

It was already 6:30 pm and Nayoung was nowhere to be seen. Yoseob was already home, pacing the living room anxiously waiting for her. The rest of the members either had their own schedule or were out to meet friends, more likely 'forced' to go out and meet their friends. Nayoung wasn't with them the whole day, which just made him worry even more. Just when he took out his cellphone to call Nayoung, she came rushing in, panting heavily as she had a hanger in her hands.

 

“Weirdo, why are you so late? I told her to meet me at 8:00pm! We still have to prepare the park.”

 

She stuffed the clothes in his hands, still panting. After catching her breath she started speaking, very fast. “The lights at the park are already up and have been tested, they work fine and look gorgeous. I also had my connections close off the park for today, even though no one goes to the park in mid winter, so no one will bother you. I also arranged for extra security in case of paparazzi. The little ice cream van, without a driver, has also been arranged. I will control the lights, 'cause I don't trust others. All we need to do now is to get you ready and set up the ring.”

 

After he soaked in all the information, he breathed out nervously yet happily. “...But I'm already changed...” He slowly spoke, looking down on his blue shirt.

“Dumb-, she likes black and grey.” She pointed to the clothes she had brought, “Wear that. She'll love it.” She said, pushing him into his room.

“But how do you know what she likes?” He asked, confused.

“'Cause I have better sources than you.” She gave him a shove and closed the door behind him.

 

After a few minutes, he came out wearing blue stone-wash jeans, a black denim shirt with a grey vest. Nayoung smiled at him as she walked up to him and started folding his sleeves up to his elbow. “There! Now you look perfect.” She smiled sweetly.

 

“Really? Do you think she'll like it?” He asked nervously.

“Of course! After all, I approved of you.” She smirked.

 

It was 7:30 and they were both waiting at the park. Nayoung had a lot of wires and remotes on her, for the lights he had requested.

 

“Are those all for lights?” He asked, eyeing her up and down.

“Most, but not all. I added something as my Christmas gift to you.” She chuckled evilly.

“...What is it?”

“Secret!” She giggled, “So you have the ring?”

“Yup.” He confirmed, checking his pockets.

“The ice creams ready?”

“Yup.”

“She's coming?”

“Yup, HEY!” He yelled at her teasing, but she had already run away, hiding behind some unknown tree.

 

It had gotten dark but Jieun still wasn't there. Yoseob started pacing up and down, biting his lips. Seeing that, Nayoung came running up like a ghost.

“Every time you forget!” She said, frustrated as she took out lip balm and applied it to his lips. “I bet she doesn't want to kiss your dry lips even dryer!” She teased again, but before he could retort, they heard footsteps, causing Nayoung to go back into hiding.

 

“Yoseob oppa?” Jieun cautiously asked as she couldn't see anything in the dark.

 

She took a step forward, cuing Nayoung, who pressed a button. The pathway that Jieun was walking on lit up, leading straight to Yoseob. Another step, and the swings lit up. Another, the slide. Another, the little garden surrounding the opening where Yoseob was. The final step before she was a couple of feet away from him, the lights that decorated all the trees around the, brilliantly lighting up the whole area.

 

“She out did herself...” Yoseob thought to himself, thankful for having such a friend. In his eyes, Nayoung always went above and beyond the call of duty, but today, it was even more perfect than he had wanted it to be.

 

“Oppa, what is this?” Jieun said as she looked around amazed.

“Merry Christmas, Jieun-ah. All of this is for you.” He sweetly smiled as she came even closer, with a big grin on her face.

“Really? Wow, it must nice to have so much money!” She said as she gave a him a hug.

“For you, this is nothing.” He said, wrapping his hands around her waist and resting his head on her shoulder.

 

She pulled back a bit, her hands still resting around his neck. “But oppa, how did you become so stylish in one day? Even yesterday you were wearing your oversized white tees.”

 

He smiled brilliantly, thanking Nayoung in his head for getting him to change. “Just for you!” He replied grinning. “Want some ice cream?”

“Who eats ice cream in the cold?” She asked, pouting cutely.

“Have some for me?” He asked, looking at her with his puppy dog eyes.

“Aww, you know I can't resist that!” She happily.

 

Nayoung was watching excitedly from behind a tree. She was happy for Yoseob, but something was bothering her, as if she couldn't breath. She put her hand on her chest, taking deep breath before unhooking her bra strap under her layers of clothing. “There,” she thought, “The bra was just too tight to let me breath.”

 

She watched as he took out a banana split and handed it to her.

 

“For you, my lady.” Yoseob happily handed it to her.

 

She took it happily but her face froze as she saw some writing on it. “Will you marry me?” it said on the banana split. She looked up to look at Yoseob, but was even more shocked to see that he was getting on his knees, taking something out of his pocket. As soon as he had opened the box, revealing the ring to Jieun, fireworks went off in the distance.

 

“So that was a her special gift?” He thought himself as he smiled and looked up at Jieun, only to frown at what he saw before him.

 

Jieun was frozen still, looking at him shocked, no horror, as he was proposing to her.

 

“Are asking me to marry you, oppa?” Jieun asked, bewildered.

“Yes.... Will you?” Yoseob asked, slightly nervous but still hopeful.

 

Jieun was silent for a while, making Yoseob even more nervous. “Yah, say something...” Yoseob said awkwardly.

 

“Oppa..” She started, and Yoseob just knew what was to come. “Oppa, you're a nice guy and everything... But I can't marry you.”

 

Yoseob stared at her in disbelief, still not understanding what just happened. “... But why?” He asked, slowly getting back to his feet. “I thought you loved me.”

 

“Eh? That? You actually thought I loved you?” Jieun said, slightly embarrassed, but still speaking shamelessly. “Nowadays everyone tells everyone that they love each other, but that doesn't mean that they actually 'love' them. Plus, I'm only 24... I still have so much to do in life. Marriage will only become a road block.”

 

“But Jieun-ah, I love you.” He desperately grabbed her hand, “I'll wait for you, you don't have to marry me right away.”

 

She sighed as she looked at him, “Oppa, now you're just being pathetic. I thought you were cool because you were and idol, but I guess not. You didn't even spend half as much on as my friends' boyfriends.” She said annoyed. “This relationship was very casual, and it was fun, but you had to go mess it up. It's over.”

 

Yoseob's hands fell by his side, as he looked at the woman he loved with everything walk away from him, tears slowly flowing down his cheek. Unable to stand anymore, his legs gave way as he fell to his knees, only to find Nayoung already there, holding him as he fell.

 

“Yah...” He said softly as he was crying, “She didn't like the arrangements! I guess nothing I do is ever good enough for her.” With his head hung low, he cried even harder, the scattering fireworks in the background imitating his broken heart, scattering everywhere in thousand pieces.

 

Tears also streamed down Nayoung's cheeks, watching her ever-so-cheerful best friend, break down into nothing. She hugged his head to offer some sort of comfort, knowing that nothing can help mend his at this moment. She felt his arms wrap around her waist, without which he might not be able to sit up right. He hid his face right below her shoulder, hoping the pain would disappear as he cried into the night, Nayoung silently crying with him.