The Hospital

The Story That Just Began...

New Chapter! Yay!

So enjoy, comment and subscribe!... Not necessarily in that order!

 

-----------------------------------------------x-----------------------------------------------

 

Nayoung watched as he fell to the floor, frozen as with fear. She managed to yell out his name and run to him at the last moment, but he was already unconscious. She pulled out her phone and quickly called an emergency ambulance. She kept shaking him, hoping he would wake up, but he didn't.

 

The ambulance came soon after and carried him inside, taking her along as the guardian. She called the manager's number a couple of times but his phone was off. As soon as they reached the hospital, the doctor's took Yoseob somewhere deep within the hospital, leaving her alone in the lobby. A nurse suddenly came up as she was calling the manager again, handing her Yoseob's bag. She graciously took it, suddenly realizing that his parents would be worried about him.

 

She was about to call his parents him, when she received a call.

“Hello?” She picked up without looking at the caller ID.

“Nayoung-shi? It's Siwon. I just called you to say that I'm running a little late, but I will be there in about 10 minutes.” He said apologetically.

 

She bit her lips as she remembered about her date with Siwon. “Siwon-shi, I'm extremely sorry but I can't make it to the date tonight...”

“Why?” He sounded a bit bewildered.

“It's just that Yoseob-ah fainted so I'm at the hospital right now.”

“Really? Is he fine? Do you need me to come there?” He enquired, slightly disappointed.

“No, it's completely fine. You go enjoy your New Year's Eve.”

“Are you sure?” He asked again, really wanting to spend the night with her.

“Totally sure. And I'm so sorry. I'll treat to dinner next time.” She said apologetically, to which Siwon brightened up as he realized he still had a chance after this.

“Sure! I'll call you later, bye.” He said brightly.

“Bye.” She hung up before he could say anything, as she saw a doctor coming out of the room that they took Yoseob in. “Excuse me doctor, but I was here with Yang Yoseob. I'm his manager, how's his condition?”

“Ah, so you brought him here?” He motioned her to follow him. “He fainted from exhaustion, seems to be a lot stress too. He has slight fever so we gave him an IV drip for that. If he rests for tonight, I'm sure he'll be able to go home tomorrow.” The doctor said as he handed her some forms to fill out.

 

“You know, you shouldn't make your artists work so hard.” He lectured as she filled out the paperwork. “They are humans too, you know? I realize they live for others' entertainment, but they can't kill themselves over that right? You are his manager, you need to take better care of him. I better not see you here again!” He chuckled slightly as he walked away. Nayoung kept bowing and saying sorry to him as he lectured her, feeling even more guilty for not taking proper care of him.

 

She slowly walked back to his room, sulking all the way. When she got there, she saw that he was sleeping with his mouth open. She smiled and lightly closed his mouth as to not wake him. She sat down on the stool they placed by the bed and pulled out her phone, calling Yoseob's mother.

 

“Hello?” Yoseob's mother said from the other side.

“Ahjumma, it's me, Nayoung-ah!”

“Ah, Nayoung-ah? It's good that you called. I was about to ask you to come over with Yoseob.” She said happily.

“Ahjumma... Actually Yoseob can't come over tonight... he's at the hospital now.” She said, feeling extremely guilty.

“Why?” His mother sounded worried.

“The doctor said it was brought on by exhaustion and stress. He also has slight fever, but it seems to be going down.” Nayoung said as she felt Yoseob's forehead. “He's sleeping right now so the doctor said he'll be fine by tomorrow. I am extremely sorry for this, since I was responsible for his health and you trusted me to do good job.”

“No, it's not your fault... He was probably still thinking about that girl.” His mother said the last a little viciously. “I always worried when he was dating that girl... Anyways, I'll coming over to stay with him tonight then.”

“No, no! It's completely fine, I'll stay with him. Just sleep well tonight and bring some homemade food with you in the morning. He was really excited about eating your food again.”

“Are you sure?”

“Definitely! Since he was going to stay over tonight, he had brought along some clothes so there is some change of clothes for the morning. The doctor gave a prescription for some medicine, I'll go buy it in morning when you're here since the pharmacy's already closed. And I'll be up all night and give you a call if anything happens.”

“You just answered all the questions I had. If you're there, then I know there's nothing to worry about. But you can sleep if you want, there are nurses there too you know.”

“Ah it's fine. I usually stay up most of the night anyways.” She replied smiling.

“Are the boys giving you that much trouble? Ah, you're so young yet you're already suffering so much.” Yoseob's mother sighed.

“It's fine, I actually get a lot of energy because of the boys. I would've died in this foreign country if it wasn't for the boys.”

“Fine then, take care of yourself, otherwise you'll faint too. Go sleep now!” Yoseob's mother ordered with care.

“Yes, ma’am!” She joked before hanging up the call.

 

Nayoung looked towards Yoseob, who was sound asleep. She sighed lightly, “Sorry... I should've taken better care of you...I didn't have classes since the 20th and I still couldn't take care of you... Wonder what'll happen when my classes start again...” She paused a bit, gently touching his smooth hair. “Did you really love her that much?”

 

The whole night passed by with her staring at his peaceful yet pale face. It was around 7:00 am when Yoseob's mother came in.

 

“Oh, you're already here?” Nayoung said standing up, bowing slightly and stretching her body.

“Omo, were you up all night?” Yoseob's mother asked as she put down a bag of food on a bedside table, opposite to the side Nayoung was on and closer to the door.

“I guess so... I didn't realize how the time went by...” She said smiling politely, covering up a yawn.

“You must be tired, go home and rest.”

“How can I? You have to go to the restaurant soon, and I still have to buy the medicine!” Nayoung picked up the prescription from the side table, showing it to Yoseob's mother.

“You know everything too well!” Yoseob's mother teased as she took a sit beside her son.

“True, I am a smart girl,” she joked, “I'm going to buy the medicine then!”

“Wash up on your way, too.” She suddenly noticed that Nayoung was in a dress. “How come you're in a dress?”

“Ah, I had some things to do...” Nayoung said shyly as she tugged on her dress.

“Well you should dress up more. You look so pretty with your hair down! Now go and wash up!”

“Ah, thank you!” She said happily as she left the room.

 

While Nayoung was gone, Yoseob woke up and saw his mother. “Omma? Were you here all night?” He said groggily as he sat up, noticing the bright sun light.

“Nope, I just came.” She said as she started getting his breakfast ready.

“Oh,” He rubbed his eyes and looked at her, “How did you know that I was craving your food? It's amazing the way you understand me!” he happily said as he took a bite when his mother fed him.

“I didn't know about it. Nayoung called and told me.” She said with a smile as she kept feeding him. “She was also the one that stayed with you the whole night.”

“Really?” He asked confused, as he thought she had gone to the date with Siwon. “When did she call you?”

“Around 9:00 pm?” Yoseob's mother said, thinking hard.

“So she missed her date because of me....” he mumbled to himself.

“What?”

“Um, nothing.”

“Well, you should treat this girl better! She stayed up the whole night for you! I'm telling you you'll never find another girl like her!”

“Hmm...” Yoseob said absentmindedly as he was still stuck on the fact that she missed her date because of him.

 

Yoseob's mother finished feeding him and was packing the dishes when Nayoung came back in. She had a small packet in her hand, her hair slightly wet from when she washed her face.

 

“Oh, you're here. I guess I can leave now. I have to go back to restaurant.” Yoseob's mother stood up and kissed her son on the head before leaving. She smiled gently at Nayoung and patted her shoulder before walking out, who politely bowed back.

 

Nayoung walked up to Yoseob's bed and took a sit at stool, putting the medicine on the side table. “How do you feel?” She asked, feeling his forehead.

“Good...” He replied.

“Good...” She took out his medicine and fed it to him. He graciously ate it, staring at her the whole time.

 

“I'm sorry!” They both said it together as Nayoung was putting away the rest of medicine. They laughed awkwardly at their synchronization, but Yoseob nodded for Nayoung to continue.

 

“I'm sorry that you got sick because of me. I should've take better care of you.” Nayoung said looking away.

“It's not your fault, you told me to take medicine but I didn't... I made it worse.” Yoseob said gently.

“But...” She was cut off by Yoseob now.

“No buts, I'm sick because of my stupidity. None of it is your fault.”

 

There was an awkward silence between them, as they stared off into space. Nayoung broke the silence, “But what are you sorry for?”

“You know... You missed your date because of me.” Yoseob replied shyly.

“Ah, that? Don't think too much of it. It would've happened if it was meant to be.” Nayoung said smiling brightly.

“But still...” This time, Nayoung cut him off.

“No buts! Besides, I got to spend my New Year's Eve with my best friend!”

 

He looked at her smiled, a genuine,happy smile after a very long time. “True, you can't find anyone better than me to spend a night with!” He smirked.

“Yah, if you talk like that people will think we're dating!” She laughed at the absurdity of it.

“Well then, Happy New Years, Honey!” He started laughing loudly.

“Happy New Years to you too, Darling!” She joined in as they both were laughing quite loudly now.