The Hand

The Story That Just Began...

New Chapter. Awkward chapter. Not my fault. I was interrupted so many times it took me about a day to write a single chapter.

Yeah, I know.  -_-'

 

So enjoy, comment and subscribe!... Not necessarily in that order!

 

-----------------------------------------------x-----------------------------------------------

 

January 12th, 2016

 

Nayoung, stirred in her sleep. “Ah, that was a good sleep...” She mumbled to herself as she tried to sit up. “Ow...” She mouthed as she felt the pain soreness shoot through her body at her careless attempt to sit up. She carefully tried to sit up once more, this time succeeding but taking a bit too long. She looked around through hazy eyes, suddenly realizing she was at the hospital. “Hospital?” She said out loud, when she suddenly noticed a sleeping Sapphy by her bedside. She stared at her for a while, before remembering the events of the past day, the angry Yoseob, the worried Beast and Sapphy. She sighed as she realized what must've happened after she dozed off yesterday, before carefully poking at Sapphy.

 

“Unnie, wake up! Go home and sleep...” She cooed as Sapphy started stirring in her sleep.

 

“Oh, you're up?” Sapphy said as she sat up, rubbing her eyes. “Does it still hurt? Do you need me to get you something?”

 

“No, go home now. You have classes...” Nayoung softly said. “Go rest a bit.”

“Yah, it's Tuesday. None of us have any classes.”

“But still...I can go home by myself later...”

 

Sapphy lightly hit her on her head. “If you could go home you wouldn't be in the hospital in the first place!” Sapphy retorted.

 

“You should still go...” Nayoung persisted, but to no avail.

“I'll only go home when someone else shows up to take care of you, and that's not happening!” Sapphy declared victoriously. “and why are you up at 5:00 am anyways? You, sleep.”

 

Nayoung sighed and looked away at the clock which read 5:05 am. “Beast always have early morning schedule, so I have to wake up early to get everything ready on time...” She kept looking at the clock above the door, feeling slightly disappointed that none of the members stayed with her overnight.

 

“Ah, that reminds me!” Sapphy suddenly said, “So, I shooed them away last night when they wanted to stay right? Specially Yoseob, he's such a dumb- doesn't even know that non-related guys can't stay over at a girl's hospital room overnight...” Nayoung's face brightened up when she realized they did care, but Sapphy's carefulness sent them home. “... Anyways, I digress. So when they were about to leave, Hyunseung stayed behind, for like five minutes but he still did! And guess what he said?” Sapphy asked with glittering eyes.

 

“What?” Nayoung said, getting excited.

Thank you, Sapphy-shi. For saving noona when everyone else was just watching. Thank you, you're really awesome.” Sapphy said, in a failed attempt to imitate Hyunseung's speaking style.

 

“Really?” Nayoung's eyes went wide.

“Yes!!” Sapphy said, ecstatic. “He called me awesome!! You were right! He is so sweet and pretty! I think I'm falling in love...” She said in a dreamy voice. “I think I'll actually listen to their music now!” She ended in a determined note, earning a laugh from Nayoung.

 

Sapphy stared at the happy Nayoung, until she was uncomfortable enough to question Sapphy. “What? Why are you looking at me like that?”

 

“Just wondering how amazing it must be to live with 6 gorgeous guys.” Sapphy said, mocking. “You can say that I'm officially jealous.”

 

“Yah, first of all, they only look good, but are completely childish! Secondly, the things I have to do everyday just to have a place to live, other people might've committed suicide if they had to do the same things. Finally, I think of them more as my children than potential dates, and even if I did, most of them have girlfriends.” Nayoung stated, in matter-of-fact manner.

 

“You must be the first girl in the world that considers guys older than herself her children.” Sapphy said, almost giving up before a thought occurred in her mind. “But your Yoseob's single!” She said excitedly.

 

Nayoung became quite flustered at that last comment, blushing furiously. “Yah! He's not mine...” She trailed off, looking away from Sapphy. “And I don't like him...” she whispered in a barely audible voice.

 

“If you don't like him, then why are you blushing?” Sapphy questioned with an evil smirk on her face.

 

“I don't like him!” Nayoung denied, a little too strongly. “Why would I like that Baek Gwangho?”

“Fine, you don't like him... Then do you love him?” Sapphy teased, poking Nayoung in her stomach.

“Unnie! That hurts!” Nayoung complained, clutching onto her stomach.

“Ah! I'm sorry! Does it hurt really bad? Should I call the doctor?” Sapphy started fussing over Nayoung, worried.

 

“No, you didn't hit me that hard. Just stop teasing me, okay?” Nayoung pleaded.

“Fine, I'll stop...” Sapphy said, giving up. “But...” She suddenly became serious. “I think he really likes you...”

“No he doesn't...” Nayoung said looking down, before mumbling, “And why would he...?”

 

“Then explain to me this...” Sapphy sat up straight, completely focused. “If he doesn't like you, why does he cling to you all the time?”

 

“I'm his manager, and he needs someone to depend on... Plus he claims I'm his best friend.” Nayoung tried to clarify.

“Fine. Let's say I bought that, then why was he so pissed yesterday when you were hurt?” Sapphy interrogated, as if Nayoung was a criminal and Sapphy was a cop.

“Umm... you know, you were pissed too that I didn't fight back... That's all...” Nayoung tried to defend, but her arguments were getting weaker.

“Then why did it seem like he was going to die when you fainted in the car yesterday?”

 

Nayoung stared at her in disbelief, slightly. “Was he... that worried?” She thought to herself, as the door to her room suddenly slid open, revealing a worried Yoseob.

 

“And why is he here so early in the morning when he has other schedules?” Sapphy whispered to Nayoung before standing up. “Good morning Yoseob-shi, how come you're here so early?” She asked loudly, before her eyes fell on the person behind Yoseob. “Good morning Hyunseung-shi.” She said with a bright smile, who looked back at her and waved.

 

Yoseob stood there at the doorway, staring at the battered Nayoung, who stared back at him. Their staring contest was broken by Hyunseung's greeting, who shoved past Sapphy to get into the room.

 

“Noona, morning!” Hyunseung cutely said as a he stood beside Sapphy. “Morning, Sapphy-shi.”

 

“What are you two doing here so early in the morning?” She asked Hyunseung, before turning to Yoseob who had quietly sneaked beside Nayoung, worry clearly written on his face. “Don't you have schedules?”

 

“I actually don't.” Hyunseung replied with a grin. “And Yoseob's doesn't start until 1:00 pm. So we can be here until she gets discharged.”

 

“Oi, how come you wake up so early in the morning when I'm not there but I have to drag you guys out of bed everyday?” Nayoung complained to Hyunseung, taking her eyes off of Yoseob.

 

“We'll wake up only if we slept!” Yoseob scoffed, glaring at Nayoung. “None of the members slept last night...” He trailed off, looking away from her feeling guilty.

 

Nayoung's eyes shot wide open. “Really? I didn't mean for this to happen... You guys must be so tired...”

 

“We're fine! Worry about yourself, noona.” Hyunseung glared at Yoseob for making her worry, who only shrugged back. “Here, the members cooked breakfast for you!” He brought out a lunch box that had previously gone unnoticed by the girls, revealing a variety of food.

 

“Yah.. You didn't have to do this, now you're making me feel useless... waking up by yourself and cooking? Wow...” Nayoung said with a sigh as she looked at all the foods. “Wait a minute! Did you bring next week's schedule?”

 

“No...” Hyunseung said, but Sapphy could clearly tell he was lying.

 

“You didn't? Didn't I tell you to get it from your manager and give it to me by today morning? Hyunseung-ah, couldn't you even do such a simple thing for noona?” She sighed as she searched for her phone, finding it under her pillow. “Sapphy, you know me too well...” She mumbled as Sapphy grinned.

 

“Are you still planning on working in this condition?” Yoseob snapped as he realized she was calling their manager. “You need to rest!”

 

“Baek Gwangho! Be quiet and let me work.” She snapped back at him, dialling the manager's number, only for her phone to be snatched away by Hyunseung.

 

“Noona! Don't get so excited! I brought if with me... I was just teasing!” He said handing over a file to her.

 

Nayoung took the file and glanced at Sapphy, who was looking at them helplessly. She looked tired but didn't show it to others.

 

“Unnie, just go home, the guys are here with me so you don't have to worry.” Nayoung said opening the file. Hyunseung looked at Yoseob, not understanding Nayoung fast English, who just shrugged, indicating the same.

 

“I said no Naz!”

“But you said you'll leave when someone else comes!”

 

“Noona what did you say?” Hyunseung asked, cutting them off. “And don't talk in English in front of us! We feel left out.”

 

“Oh, sorry, it's a habit...” Sapphy said in Korean, blushing. “She's telling me to go home, but make her understand that she needs someone to take care of her!” Sapphy glared at Nayoung.

“But Hyunseung and Yoseob are here!” Nayoung nagged. “And you've been up all night!”

 

Hyunseung looked at both of them and sighed. “Since I'm the oldest, I'll decide. Sapphy-shi is right.” Sapphy flashed Nayoung a victorious grin, who glared back. “You're not in a condition to take care of yourself, you can barely sit up, noona!”

 

“See?” Sapphy gloated. “Hyunseung-shi agrees with me. I'm staying!”

“But noona is also right.” It was now Nayoung's turn to grin, while Sapphy just seemed confused.

 

“How can we both be right?” Sapphy asked. Everyone had forgotten about Yoseob, who was sulking by Nayoung's bed, looking at her sadly.

 

“The thing is,” Hyunseung explained, “you need to rest too, Sapphy-shi, if you don't want to turn up like noona.”

“Hey!” Both of the girls complained at the same time.

“Sapphy-shi, don't worry about noona, we can take perfectly good care of her.” Hyunseung said, slightly disappointed that Sapphy had to leave.

“Fine, let's say I do decide to go home, how am I going to get home?” Sapphy crossed her arms over her chest defiantly. “There's no bus at this hour, and finding taxi would be a pain too.”

“I'll take you home!” Hyunseung yelled, suddenly standing up, putting his hand up as if giving attendance at school.

 

Nayoung giggled while Sapphy blushed at Hyunseung's excitement, who also started blushing at his own eagerness, slowly sitting back down.

 

“But if you leave, who'll take care of Naz?” Sapphy asked, trying to hide her blushing face.

 

“I'm still here!” Yoseob suddenly spoke, sounding eager. Sapphy looked at him and smiled, feeling reassured that he'll take good care of her.

 

“Fine then!” Sapphy stood up. “I'll leave then, I need my beauty sleep anyways.” She smirked before turning to Yoseob. “You!” She pointed at him as she walked up to him, who only backed away from her. “Get her washed up, feed her breakfast, don't forget her pills after breakfast. Her body is quite stiff and sore so don't make her move much and give her lots of water to drink. Don't leave her side no matter what happens.” Yoseob was now backed up against a wall, Sapphy's finger poking his chest. “Understand?”

 

Yoseob looked at her afraid and slowly nodded, fearing the consequences that may or may not be associated with the threat. Sapphy backed away from him, smirking. “Good, I'll then leave you in his capable hands, Naz.”

 

“Stop scaring him!” Nayoung said, looking at Sapphy and Yoseob. “Go home. Now!”

 

“Right, Sapphy-shi, if you'll follow me...” Hyunseung said as he left the room.

 

“Good luck!” Nayoung yelled after Hyunseung, making him blush as he left.

 

Sapphy looked sheepishly at Nayoung, before pointing at Yoseob with her eyes as she spoke to Nayoung. “I think you'll have better luck than us.” She said in English before running out of the room.

 

“So...” Yoseob said after they had left, walking over to where Sapphy was sitting.

 

“Gwangho, sit down while I look over your schedule.” Nayoung said without looking at him, flipping through the file Hyunseung had left her.

 

“Yah! Why do you call me that? And where did you even know about that nickname?” Yoseob yelled as he was sitting down.

 

“TV, it's a great place for info about celebrities you know.” She said sarcastically. “And if you give me a weird nickname like weirdo what's wrong with Baek Gwangho?” She kept flipping through the file, before stopping at a page, frowning.

 

“But come on!! You're odd so I call you weirdo, but I'm cool and cute! Baek Gwangho's totally not cool nor cute!” He complained, not noticing the change in Nayoung's reaction.

 

“This isn't right...” She whispered as she grabbed her phone and started dialling their manager.

 

“Exactly! This isn-” Yoseob stopped mid sentence when he saw Nayoung's worried face as she was calling someone. “Who're you calling?” he asked, but was totally ignored by Nayoung.

 

“Hello? Manager hyung? Yeah, it's Nayoung. Yes, I'm fine. Yes, Yoseob's with me. Yes. Yes. But I called for something else. I just looked over their schedule for next week and they only 4 hours of free time each day! Was this some kind of mistake?” Yoseob watched at her intently as she argued with their manager, for their sake. He was amazed at how even though she was in a pretty bad shape, she still took care of them, making him feel even more guilty since he felt he was the reason behind her current condition.

 

“What? It can't be changed? Come on, this photoshoot doesn't even require anything but the equipments and they are bringing their own! We can easily postpone this to the week after!” She paused a bit while their manager answered her. “Fine, give me their number and I'll talk to them.” She reached for some for pen and paper at the side table, but could not do so due to her injuries. She motioned Yoseob to pick up and jot a number down, which he obediently followed. “Okay, that's the director's number? Okay, I'll talk to them now. Okay. Okay. Yes, thank you. Bye.” She hung up the phone and took the number from Yoseob while swearing under her breath, in at least three different languages. Yoseob still stared at her in awe as she called the director for the photoshoot and somehow was able to convince him to postpone it to the week after. She victoriously hung up, before calling their manager to tell him about the change of schedule.

 

“I know, I'm amazing.” She said with a smile into the phone. “Yup, they have more time to rest now. Yup. Yes. Okay, I'll be there today. Okay. Bye.” She hung up the phone one last time to look at Yoseob, who was still staring at her.

 

“Wh-what?” She stuttered as she felt self conscious at the way he was staring at her. “Is there something on my face?” She same up with an excuse to cover her blushing face.

 

“You...” Yoseob said, as his hand reached out to her face.

 

“What the hell is he doing? Was Sapphy right? Does he actually like me?” Many thoughts like that danced around in Nayoung's as she saw his hand slowly reaching for her face.