The Memories

The Story That Just Began...

So, new chapter... Took about 3 days to write.... (Lost my touch... as if I had any -_-')

EXTREMELY SORRY to JessicaHunny65 of YouTube whom I had told I'd update like two weeks ago. So sorry! Life happened.

Also, B2ST might be coming to Toronto!!! Yay!!! XD

 

So yeah.... enjoy, comment and subscribe!... Not necessarily in that order!

 

-----------------------------------------------x-----------------------------------------------

 

February 1st, 2016 (Late night)

 

After their performance had ended, Yoseob ran off the stage in hopes of seeing Nayoung backstage, but she was nowhere to be seen. He frantically ran around, looking for her everywhere, but she was still nowhere to be seen. He constantly called her, but her it always back as busy. The rest of them silently followed Yoseob around, not knowing what to do.

 

Yoseob finally reached the staircase he was hiding at before, but she still was not there. He called her one last time, but the line was still busy. Frustrated, he shoved the phone in his pocket while covering his face with the other hand.

 

Junhyung stepped up to him and gently placed a hand on his shoulder. “Don’t blame yourself, it wasn’t your fault.” He slowly made Yoseob turn around, “Let’s go back and get changed and get home, maybe she already went home so she wouldn’t have to see that again.”

 

Junhyung slowly led Yoseob back to their changing room, who hadn’t said a word the whole way back. He didn’t know what to say or what to do, he was confused if he loved her or if it was just guilt for treating her like that.

 

When the boys got to their changing room, to their shock, Nayoung was packing up their things. They all, especially Yoseob, had thought that Nayoung would’ve hidden away from the world, like he had. But instead, there she was, working away as if nothing had happened. The boys stood frozen at the door, as if if they moved, they might break the delicate balance that was keeping Nayoung together.

 

Nayoung turned to grab more of the boys’ things when she noticed them standing there. She looked at them a little confused before continuing to clean up.

 

“Why are you guys just standing there? Get dressed quickly so I can go home. It’s already 1:00 am and I’m dead tired. The whole day I was chasing around you guys the whole day! I still have to get up early, cook breakfast, go to university, come home and do homework... Ah! That reminds me, I won’t be able to go to your photo shoot tomorrow, but don’t worry Sapphy will replace plus Jiyong (B2ST’s actual manager) hyung will be there. I called him already so he knows what to do.” She finally put away the last of the things and turned to look at the boys who were looking at her speechless. “What the hell is wrong with you guys? And why are you so late anyways?” She looked at them as if nothing was wrong.

 

Dongwoon was the first to speak, slowly asking her if she’s alright. She looked at him with a sad smile, but brightened up the very next moment. “Of course I am. He was a y piece of meat, but I was planning on breaking up with him before I went back to Canada, so I guess it all worked out. Now go get changed so I can get home!” She patted Dongwoon on the head before leaving the room, giving them privacy to change.

 

Too shocked by her attitude, none of them really had heard what she had said. But like obedient children, they changed into their own clothes, leaving the sponsored ones all over the place. Kikwang poked his head out the door after everyone had changed, and found Nayoung quietly leaning against the wall by their door. “Omma, we’re done...” He called out, she brightly smiled at him before walking in.

 

“Yay, let’s go home!” She said, then she noticed the mess. “Ugh! How can all of you be so messy?” She said as she started picking up their clothes and properly hanging them. All of them quickly started cleaning up after themselves, quietly helping her. “Not a single one of you clean after yourselves. Why are you helping me now?” She snapped at Dongwoon, who quickly went behind Doojoon. “If you guys wanted to help me you would’ve done the same earlier! But NO! No regard for the poor little slave girl.” She turned to look at the boys, who stood there with their heads down. “Oi, I was kidding... Sheesh you guys are serious”

 

She picked up their big bags, wincing a bit as she still wasn’t fully recovered and walked out, the boys quickly following behind. The back of their car was full from fan mails, so Nayoung stuffed the bags in the back seat as the boys got on. Doojoon was driving, and since the bags took up two seats, there was only two seats left when only Hyunseung and Nayoung were left to get in.

 

“What do we do now?” Kikwang asked, who was sitting at the front seat.

 

“It’s fine, Hyunseung you go in, I can take the bus home.” Nayoung replied.

 

“But there aren’t any at this time...” Hyunseung replied.

 

“I can walk back. Besides...” She said as she shoved Hyunseung in, closing the door behind him. “It’s a little late, but there is this place I wanted to go to...”

 

“Are you sure?” Doojoon asked, who realized she needed some time alone.

 

“Yup, I’ll see you in 2 hours?” She looked at her watch, which said 1:30. “Never mind, go to bed when you get home, I’ll see you in the morning. But give me a call before you go to bed, so I know you guys got home safe.”

 

“You’re the girl that’s walking home alone in the middle of the night, and there’s 6 of us in a car, we should be the ones worried about you.” Kikwang said sulkily, sticking his head out the window.

 

“That reminds me, Yoseob called you but you never picked up.” Hyunseung said.

 

“Really?” She took her phone out to take a look. “Ah, the phone’s dead. Never mind then. Now go home!” She commanded. Doojoon soon drove out, leaving Nayoung behind.

 

She sighed and started walking in the cold winter night. It was -10 degrees Celsius, but being from Canada she was used to the cold. Rather than going home, she went to a bakery that was open 24/7. It was near her university and she had been there before, and the workers knew her since she stood out as a foreigner.

 

She silently took a seat by the window, getting comfortable when the waitress came to take her order. “Welcome back Nayoung-sshi, what can I get you?” She asked with a smile.

 

“Yeah, a chocolate pastry, and you guys have candles right? If it’s not too much can I’d like a small candle on it.”

 

“No problem, is today a special occasion?” The waitress politely asked.

 

“Yeah, it’s my birthday... Or I should say was. But any-who... Oh! One more thing, could you put my phone on charge? The battery died a while back and I know you have the same phone as me.”

 

“Sure no problem, and happy belated birthday.”

 

“Thanks” The waitress then took her phone and left leaving her alone in the cold winter night.

 

The waitress put the phone on charge and went to get her chocolate pastry from the kitchen. When she came back out she saw the phone ringing. Without thinking much, she picked up the phone.

 

“Hello?” She said.

 

“Umm, hello? Is this Nayoung’s phone?” Yoseob asked.

 

“Yes it is, her phone is charging so she can’t reach it at the moment, may I take a message?”

 

“Oh, umm, no, it’s okay... Where is she exactly?”

 

“This is the Night-Yum Day-Yum Bakery... who should I say called?”

 

“I’m... her friend.” Yoseob replied, not knowing if he should’ve told her who he actually was.

 

“You’re not much of a friend then, are you?” The waitress randomly accused.

 

“Excuse me? Who are you to say that?” Yoseob snapped, offended by her comment.

 

“Well it’s her birthday and she’s celebrating alone. If you were a good friend you wouldn’t have left her alone on such a day.” She hung up before he could say anything.

 

She then took the pastry to Nayoung, set it on her table and lit the candle. “Happy birthday Nayoung-sshi. Someone called you just now, said he was your friend.”

 

“Did he give a name?” She asked, looking up from her pastry.

 

“Nope, but sounded like it was nothing important.”

 

“okay... probably Jiyong hyung calling about tomorrow, I’ll get back to him later. Thanks for all your troubles though.” Nayoung said with a smile.

 

“No problem! Hope you enjoy your stay.” She smiled and walked back to another female customer that had walked in after Nayoung.

 

“I guess this is birthday...” She said as she stared at the candle. She slowly stuffed her hands in her jacket pocket, and spread out her legs, staring at the dancing flame and getting lost in her memories...

 

*On the other side*

 

Yoseob stared at his phone in shock, having a hard time swallowing what he had just heard.

 

“Hyung! What did omma say?” Dongwoon asked. All the boys were sitting in the living room since they got home, waiting for Nayoung. “How far away is she?” He kept nagging.

 

“She’s at Night-Yum Day-Yum Bakery....” He slowly mumbled to himself as he put his phone away, staring into space.

 

“Bakery? Why?” Junhyung asked.

 

“It’s her birthday...” He mumbled back in reply. “How could I not know?” He thought to himself.

 

“What? It’s her birthday?” Kikwang cried.

 

“How come she didn’t tell us?” Doojoon said.

 

“...But did she ever tell us anything about herself....?” Hyunseung thoughtfully asked.

 

“Omma likes red and Big Macs....” Dongwoon sadly replied.

 

“But everyone knows!” Yoseob burst out, frustrated. “We’ve been only living with her for a month and a half now, and she knows everything about us! She even memorized our home numbers!” He ran his hand through his hair, trying to get rid of his frustration. “How come we don’t even know when her birthday is?”

 

“She’s born in 1994!” Dongwoon said, hopefully.

 

“But there are a million others born in that same year!” Yoseob snapped at him.

 

“Yoseob, go pick her up.” Doojoon calmly stated, and threw the car keys at Yoseob. Yoseob did not expect it, but still caught the keys, looking confusedly at Doojoon. “I’d rather you snap at Nayoung and bring her back to us safely than yell at Dongwoon.” He answered like a wise man. “We all know she’s closest to you out of all of us, even though it would’ve helped to send Sapphy-shi over but it’s too late. So go and get her home...” He smiled softly at Yoseob, who obediently left without questioning.

 

“We could’ve all gone to pick her up...” Kikwang chimed in after he left.

 

“Idiot, he needs noona as much as she needs him.” Junhyung snapped at Kikwang. “They need to talk things out, and maybe things will go the way they are supposed to.”

 

“With those two being together.” Hyunseung finished Junhyung’s thought for him. (JunSeung for LYFE!)

 

“Let’s all hope for the best...” Doojoon said as they all quietly waited for he two to return home.

 

*Back at the bakery...*

 

Nayoung had fallen asleep in front of her pastry when Yoseob walked in. The waitress politely greeted him, but he ignored her and went straight for where Nayoung was, beside the window.

 

He tried to silently take a seat in front of her, but the chair’s squeaking woke her up.

 

“Hmm?” Nayoung said, a little dazed from her sleep, “What are you doing here?”

 

“I’m here to pick you up.” He said, pointing to where she had been drooling, which she quickly wiped away with the back of her hand.

 

“You didn’t need to, I was going to leave just now.”

 

Yoseob scoffed. “Yeah right, maybe sleep walk home? It’s already 2:30.”

 

“Oh har har,” Nayoung retorted sarcastically, “And how’d you find out I was here?”

 

“I called”

 

“Ah...” Understanding what he meant.

 

Silence fell upon them as they sat, looking everywhere but at each other. Just when Yoseob was about to say something, the waitress came by.

 

“Would you like to order something?” She politely asked.

 

“Umm, no thanks.” Yoseob replied back.

 

“Oh, okay.... Are you sure?” She insisted, wanting to stay around Yoseob longer.

 

“Yes, I am.” He smiled sweetly at her, which bugged Nayoung, but she said nothing.

 

“Okay...” She turned around, but turned back towards Yoseob. “Just to clear up any confusion I might have, you are Yoseob of Beast, right?”

 

“Yes, I am. Nice to meet you.”

 

“Omona! That means Nayoung-sshi is THE Nayoung-sshi?” The waitress excitedly asked Nayoung.

 

“What?” Nayoung replied, not understanding what was going on.

 

“You’re B2STOmma, right?” Nayoung confusedly nodded, while she continued speaking. “Big fan. I loved when you didn’t fight back to that because you couldn’t but because it would tarnish the reputation of Beast even though you’re so strong! I just love you!! Can I get your autograph?” The waitress finished in one breath, sticking out her order-taking notepad at Nayoung.

 

“Umm... sure?” She said and signed the notepad, who happily took it back to her counter.

 

Yoseob stared dumbfounded at Nayoung, having a hard time swallowing the fact that he was totally ignored because of Nayoung.

 

“What? Jealous?” Nayoung smirked, noticing Yoseob’s expression.

 

“No, shocked, I mean the boys weren’t lying to make you feel better.”

 

“I know!” Replied Nayoung, to which both of them laughed, lightening the mood.

 

“So you okay?” Yoseob quietly asked, removing the melted blob that was the candle from the pastry. “How come you didn’t tell us it’s your birthday today?”

 

“Well, technically it was yesterday, and I was planning on spending it with you guys... Which I believe I did... But any-who, I was planning on celebrating it with you guys until....” She drifted off.

 

“Until Siwon dumped you?” Yoseob carefully asked.

 

“Ouch, harsh. But no.....Not until Jieun showed up...” She looked him straight in the eye, “Are you okay?”

 

“Why does it always have to be about my problems?” Yoseob replied, slightly agitated. “We always talk about me, never about you. Hell, we didn’t even know it was your birthday until some random waitress told us!” He took a deep breath, calming himself. He reached out and gently held her hands in his, “When I have a problem, you’re my comfort zone, my place to hide.” Her heart skipped a beat when he said so, squeezing her hands gently. “Where do you go?”

 

“Me?” Nayoung pulled her hands back, flustered by the whole situation. She looked away from him and down at her hands. “Me? I sleep, ‘cause things are always better when you wake up.” She suddenly stood up. “Let’s go, it’s getting late. You drove right? Okay.” She didn’t even wait for him to answer and headed out the bakery. The waitress called after Nayoung, to pay for her uneaten pastry, but she didn’t stop. Yoseob quickly paid the bill, and followed after Nayoung who had stopped in front of their van, fidgeting slightly.

 

“Yeah get over quick!” She yelled without turning to look at him. “It’s cold and I want to go home and sleep.”

 

Yoseob stopped a couple of metres behind her. “What if things are not better?” Yoseob asked, taking a step forward with each of his words. Nayoung froze in her spot when she heard, as if he was saying out loud what she was afraid of the most. “What if the memories haunt you when you wake up?”

 

“Wh-what the hell are you talking about?” Nayoung’s voice cracked as she tried to hold back the tears that were already seeping out. She spoke in English so he wouldn’t understand. “It’s freezing cold...”

 

“I know how it feels,” Yoseob cut her off, trying to hold back his own tears at the thought of Jieun. But as he stood there looking at Nayoung’s back, a different kind of pain filled his soul, and this one felt infinitely worse than losing Jieun. “I know EXACTLY how it feels. And without you, I wouldn’t have been able to get through it. So please...”

 

All he wanted was to take away her pain somehow, anyhow. It didn’t matter what he had to do, he would do it if only he knew what he had to do. He held her by the shoulders and turned her to face him. “Don’t do this to yourself. Don’t suffer on your own. Let me...” He stopped as he choked on his tears. “Let me be your comfort zone, let me be your hiding place.”

 

And with that, he held her tight, fearing that if he let her go, he might lose her forever. She tried to hold back her tears, her pain knowing that it would hurt him more than in hurt her. But she couldn’t hold back anymore, she lightly grabbed the back of his jacket and silently cried her heart out to him.

 

A little flash of light emanated from inside the bakery, but no one seemed to notice it.