The Unnie

The Story That Just Began...

New 20th Chapter!!! Yay!! (As if there was an old 20th chapter...)

First! Introducing ilahyouFOREVER as Sapphy!!! Yay!!!

Secondly!! FREEDOM!!! I finally get to write a long chapter as requested by many!

Thirdly!!! Does anyone actually read the chapter titles?

 

So enjoy, comment and subscribe! Not necessarily in that order.

 

----------------------------------------------x----------------------------------------------

 

January 11th, 2016

 

It's been a few days since the scandal about Yoseob. Cube Entertainment had declared that there was no relationship between Yoseob and Nayoung, and that she was friendly like that with all the members. In an attempt to prove that, everyone has been uploading different pictures of Nayoung with other members.

 

Everyone was happily eating breakfast early in the morning that day. Dongwoon was checking his phone for twitter updates, when he suddenly noticed a tweet from their manager. “Omma! Look at this picture!” He said excitedly as he handed over the phone to her.

 

Nayoung looked mid-bite to see what he was talking about. She rubbed her hands clean on her pants before she took the phone from him. “Omma with her two babies...” She read out loud as she scrolled down to see the attached picture.

 

The ever-so-curious Yoseob had finished eating by that time, and was looking over Nayoung's right shoulder to see what they were talking about. Nayoung unconsciously moved slightly to the left to allow Yoseob more space to see as she kept eating. Both of them smiled brightly when they saw the picture, Yoseob chuckling a bit.

 

The picture was taken late last night when they were coming back home from a live performance. Nayoung was sleeping in between Kikwang and Dongwoon with her head tilted back to rest on the car seat, while both Dongwoon and Kikwang were sleeping with their heads on each of her shoulders. Nayoung scrolled further down to see how the fans are reacting to this, and was satisfied with the positive comments.

 

'Omona, they look so cute!'” Yoseob read aloud in a monotone voice, “'She really is the mother of Beast.' I guess the gossip's all gone now...” Yoseob said as he stood back up, walking into the kitchen to get a glass of water.

 

The fans totally love her now!” Kikwang responded, “There's even a fanclub for omma.”

You guys are exaggerating too much!” Nayoung muttered through the food in .

No he's not. You really do have a fanclub.” Junhyung brought his phone over to her proof, “Since you're the B2STOmma, they called themselves the B2UTYAagis.”

What the...” She said, taking the phone from his hand and looking through the website. “I have nearly 10,000 fans?? Huh...” She calmly ended as she took her dishes into the kitchen as Yoseob walked out.

Getting cocky, are we?” Yoseob teased after Nayoung, “Fame only lasts for so long.”

Then you should work hard while YOUR fame lasts.” Nayoung snapped back from inside the kitchen, earning some grins from the other members.

 

Doojoon looked at the clock in the dining room before speaking up, “Guys, we need to hurry. We have to drop off Nayoung at her university before we go to the salon.”

But, noona, are you sure about going today?” Hyunseung asked out of concern when her phone suddenly rang.

 

Nayoung quickly came out of the kitchen to pick her phone up, since the only ones to call her was either Beast or their manager.

 

Yellow?” Nayoung said as she picked up the phone, an old habit of hers since childhood.

Nayoung-ah?” A girl spoke from the other side of the line, confusing Nayoung. Even though it was a private nickname given and used only Beast, it seems to have spread around all over the internet, her real name disappearing somewhere down the road.

Um, yes? Who is this?” Nayoung asked.

Yah! It's been less than a month since you move out and you already forget your unnie?” The girl suddenly snapped, in English.

Unnie?!” Nayoung squeaked, suddenly realizing who it was. Sapphy was also a foreign exchange student like Nayoung, but she was doing her MBA. When Nayoung couldn't find a dorm to live in, Sapphy had taken Nayoung under her wings and let her share her room. Even though they both were foreigners, Sapphy still made Nayoung call her unnie to exert her position of dominance over her.

 

How am I supposed to know it's you when you don't call me Naz?” Nayoung replied in English, pouting over the phone.

 

The boys stopped and stared at her, suddenly seeing her speak English for the first time since the first day they met. They were curious as to who was calling her, because they did not know of any older sister of her, so they kept staring at her as she talked.

 

Nayoung sat down on the couch, picking her feet up to sit cross-legged, getting ready for a full on girl talk. “And why didn't you call me? I was too busy to call but you could've called me!” Nayoung cutely complained. Yoseob gagged at her attempt to be cute, before walking away to get dressed, while the rest still stared.

 

Oi, how am I supposed to call you when I have like thousands of paper to mark as the prof's assistant? Bloody baldy makes me do all the work.” Sapphy retorted.

Did you mark mine yet?” Nayoung replied excitedly.

Yes....” She said slyly, making Nayoung curious.

And how did I do?” Nayoung was bouncing on the couch like a little kid now, something the boys weren't used to at all.

I'm not supposed to tell you!” Sapphy teased back.

Come on!!! I'll let you meet Hyunseung.” Nayoung bribed with an evil smile, making Hyunseung panic as he heard his name and saw the evil glint in her eyes.

Really?”

Totally.”

Hmm.... Okay fine. I don't even know why you worry so much.” Sapphy kept teasing.

You know I've been busy with Beast and didn't get to spend much time on it!” Nayoung complained.

 

Now all the boys looked worried as they saw her complain. They would've understood her if she wasn't speaking so fast, so the only word they were able to catch was Beast.

 

If you do this well without spending much time on it, I wonder how you would've done if you actually had time...”

Does that mean I did well?” Nayoung said excitedly, in anticipation.

Not just well, but extremely well. 96% to be exact.”

Kya~” Nayoung screamed out, jumping. The boys took a step back, scared and shocked. Noticing their reaction, she covered the phone with her other hand before speaking to the boys. “I got a 96% on my last assignment, and it was worth 10% of my whole credit. Ah!” She realized she was speaking in English in her excitement, translated for them in Korean before ignoring them once again to go back to her phone call.

Unnie! Thank you so much!!”

You earned it. By the way, are you coming to class today? You haven't shown up since classes started.” Sapphy said worriedly.

Oh, that... Yeah I'm coming today...”

Are you sure it's safe, like everyone knows about the scandal. It's quiet now, but fans these days...”

I know.” Nayoung sighed, “But I can't skip forever, right?”

True, and I can't keep recording lectures for you either....” Sapphy replied cockily.

What? You did that for me?” Nayoung replied happily.

Of course! After all you're my dongsaeng!”

 

Yoseob came out of his room, watching everyone still in the same position as he had left them. “YAH! We're going to be late!” Yoseob snapped at the boys, who suddenly realized they had schedule and hurriedly started getting ready to leave. Yoseob glared at Nayoung, signalling her to leave too, who just stuck her tongue out at him.

 

Unnie, I have to leave now to get to class on time. You want us to pick you up?” Nayoung asked as she got up to and got her ragged satchel with her books.

 

Nah, I'm already at the lecture hall.”

Okay, see you there.”

Be careful,” Sapphy suddenly warned, “That Sasha is acting weird since the scandal, I just you wear a mask or something today.”

Ah it's fine, she got her satisfaction last time when she shoved me down. Her push was quite soft actually.”

Fine, if you say so....” Sapphy said worriedly before hanging up the phone. “I wonder why she never fights back, she could kick their asses without blinking... Heck! She could kick my !” Sapphy thought as she went back to preparing the lecture.

 

Everyone was already at the door by the time Nayoung hung up. Hyunseung looked at Nayoung worriedly again, repeating his question. “Are you sure about going today? I mean, it's only been a few days since the scandal broke out...”

 

Ah, it's fine!” Nayoung said as she put on her shoes. “Stop worrying, you exactly sound like Sapphy unnie!”

Who?” Hyunseung asked as they all headed for the elevator.

She's an MBA student from university, we're very close.” Nayoung replied as they all crowded into the elevator.

Weirdo, I thought you didn't have any friends except us.” Yoseob said with a smirk.

Why, are you jealous? Don't worry, this weirdo's love for you will never end!” Nayoung mocked him as the rest smirked. “Besides, she's not a friend. She's more like a sister.”

Give all your love to your sister!” Yoseob scoffed, “I don't need any.”

Now you seriously sound jealous.” Junhyung teased at his reaction.

Yoseob-ah, are you worried someone's gonna steal your best friend?” Doojoon said, ruffling his hair.

Yah, stop it!” Yoseob said angrily, pouting.

Aww, the birdy is angry!” Nayoung teased even more, “But she came first, so technically you should be accused of stealing, not her.”

Yah, it to be Yoseob.” Hyunseung commented, “Not only did he lose his best friend, now he gets accused by her of stealing!”

 

Everybody laughs as they leave the elevator and get into the van. The van ride was fun, mostly because they teased Yoseob all the way. Nayoung was laughing like a witch when they get to her university, not caring much about what others thought of her laughter. She got off the van, still having small fits of laugh. Yoseob suddenly stuck his head out the window. “Weirdo!” He called out, Nayoung turned with a bright smile on her face, after effects of all that laughter.

 

Beautiful...” Yoseob thought to himself as he saw her face shining brightly in the morning sun. “Yah, be careful!” He said as he stuck out more than half his body to pull Nayoung's hoody over her head. “Hide your face for now. You might scare my fans away.” He said with a smirk as he got back inside.

 

Don't worry, I'll be just fine, Hyangsuk-ah!” Nayoung teased back as the van pulled out, Yoseob screaming at her for using his unwanted nickname.

 

She turned around touching her hoody, smiling like an idiot to herself. Suddenly she remembered the warnings from Sapphy and cautiously looked up, looking for Sasha. She quickly walked into her lecture hall, glad to have avoided any unwanted conflicts.

 

Sapphy ran up to Nayoung when she walked into the lecture hall, giving her a hug.

Oh, I missed you so much!” Sapphy squealed as she hugged her.

Unnie, you're killing me!” Nayoung piped, unable to breathe from the tight hug.

Whatever! Now when am I meeting Hyunseung?” Sapphy said excitedly, letting go of Nayoung.

Are you free today? They have no schedule today after 5:00 pm.”

When do your classes end?”

Around 4:00pm, they'll come pick me up directly from their schedule so we don't have to worry about our ride.”

I'm fine with that.” Sapphy suddenly put her hands around Nayoung's shoulder, whispering. “Naz, tell me the truth. Are you actually dating Yoseob?”

What? No!” Nayoung shrieked, flustered.

Seriously? I definitely thought there was something between the two of you from the show...” Sapphy replied thoughtfully.

Show? But I barely talked to him during that show.”

Yeah, but you guys kept exchanging secret glances like sharing some secret joke and such.”

Ah, that. That's 'cause we're best friends.” Nayoung calmly replied.

Well it doesn't take long for best friends to become lovers...” Sapphy taunted in a sing-song voice.

Aigoo, get your head out of the gutter would ya?” Nayoung grunted, removing Sapphy's hand from her shoulder. “People around us say that the world will end before anything happens between us.”

Well, I say the world wouldn't end without something BIG happening between the two of you.” Sapphy stuck her tongue out and ran away as the professor came in. Nayoung sighed and took her seat in defeat, knowing very well that Sapphy would bug her about this until the day she dies.

 

The rest of the day at university went smoothly and without any complication from the fans. A couple of girls did come up to her though, claiming they were B2UTYAagis, and took pictures with her. Nayoung felt very awkward, but special at the same time too, that B2UTYs were finally accepting her. Right after the girls left, Nayoung got a text from Sapphy saying that she will be a little late and to wait for her at the main gate. She didn't mind waiting since the two of them would have to wait for Beast anyways.

 

Nayoung was making her way to the gate when suddenly, a group of girls blocked her path. She looked up to see who they were, and the colour drained from her face as soon as she realized who they were.

 

Sasha...” She whispered as she looked at the girl in the centre.

 

Oh, so now you know my name?” Sasha smiled menacingly at Nayoung. “But you should've remembered what I said. I told you not get to close with Beast oppas.” Sasha took a step forward, making Nayoung step back.

 

Nayoung stayed quiet because she knew anything that she said could be used against Beast, harming their reputation.

 

The cat got your tongue? Or are you suddenly ashamed to be a ?” Sasha slowly walked towards Nayoung, who kept backing up. “Even Yoseob oppa denied being in a relation with a like you.”

 

Yoseob and I are just friends, there's nothing more between us...” Nayoung mumbled slowly, which earned her a harsh slap across her cheek.

 

I TOLD YOU NOT TO GET FRIENDLY WITH THEM!” Sasha screamed at Nayoung. By that time, there was a small crowd around them, some of them were even recording the scene.

 

As Yoseob wasn't enough, she's even flirting with Dongwoon and Kikwang, sleeping with the them in the van!” Sasha hissed, her face only inches away from Nayoung's. Nayoung had stopped moving backwards as the crowd had surrounded them from all directions. “You'll pay for this!”

 

Sasha suddenly grabbed Nayoung's hair and threw her down on the ground. The next thing Nayoung knew was that there were girls screaming, kicking and hitting her. She barely covered her face with her arms as they kept hitting her. Just when she felt that she had enough and though ,“Screw Beast and their reputation, I need to slap this !” she suddenly hard a loud slapping sound. The hitting suddenly stopped and everything went quiet. Nayoung removed her hands to see why everything stopped and what was going on...

 

Unnie...” Nayoung whispered as she saw a girl standing in front of her.

The next that touches Naz, will have to deal with me first!” Sapphy growled at the girls that were hitting Nayoung.