The Letter

The Story That Just Began...

For some reason, Joann926, B2ST_INFINITE, Lexianne_14 and Clamz17 are still reading this story and want more... Nothing makes sense anymore. I would've continued if there was even one person reading, so 4 means 4 times the motivation! So this is for y'all, for believing in me. I seriously don't understand why this story still has readers after 3 years....

So Enjoy, comment and subscribe! Not necessarily in that order.

 

----------------------------------------------x----------------------------------------------

 

March 16th, 2016

 

When Nayoung came home it was already past midnight, and the boys had actually gotten to bed. She smiled thinking about the day’s events and immediately thought of telling Yoseob. However, she thought he had fallen asleep, and instead headed to her own room to get some sleep. She stopped in her tracks when she saw sticky note on her door. “Rooftop” was all it read. A sharp pain shot through her heart as she realized it Yoseob who left the note. “The last time, eh?” She thought to herself as she headed for the roof without even changing.

 

The door to the roof was slightly open, and she could see Yoseob sprawled on the floor with his back against the railing wall and his legs spread wide in front of him. He was sleeping with his head tilted to the side, with a bottle in his hand that she could not make out in the dark. She smiled a crooked smile and opened the door wider, when the creaking of the door awoke Yoseob. He groggily looked over to her and his eyes and mouth shot wide open when his eyes finally focused on her.

 

She was wearing a coloured V-neck chiffon dress with a floor length A-line skirt. Her hairstyle had also changed from the last time as it was now in a bun, a bit more fancier than she usually had it. To him, she looked as dazzling as the night sky with no lights around, graceful as the gentle wind. He kept staring when she came over and sat between his legs with her back facing him, not caring if the dirty floor ruined her new dress. She pulled his hands around her so that he was holding her in an embrace and sighed as she leaned back into his chest, closing her eyes with a peace of mind that she did not have any more. Right at that moment, nothing mattered to her. She was just content living in the moment, indlugin herself with Yoseob's company that she always longed for.

 

Yoseob held her tighter and buried his face at the crook of her left shoulder. “Don’t tell me you’re turning into an alcoholic...” She said as she tilted her head to the side to rest on his head.

 

“I wouldn’t do anything you wouldn’t want me to” He mumbled into Nayoung’s shoulder, “It’s just soft drink.”

 

“Ah,” was all she said, before they fell into a comfortable silence, just enjoying each others presence and touch.

 

Suddenly she felt felt him smirking on her shoulder. “Did you change just for me?”

 

Suddenly remembering what happened, she sat up and turned around to face him, his arms still around her. “You wouldn’t believe what oppa and I did today!” She said excitedly before givng him a detailed play by play of the events involving Sasha.

 

He watched her amused, glad that finally she was turly happy about something. She seemed like an excited little child telling her story, and his eyes widened as her story unfolded. “But how did you know what to do?” He wondered if they had planned it beforehand.

 

“Oh I just went with my gut so I could humiliate her without actually being the one to humiliate her.” She just giggled, absentmindedly playing with his shirt’s buttons.

 

“But how did your brother know?” He asked, still confused.

 

“Well we’ve always had this weird telepathy between us...” She said looking up at the sky like a thoughtful kid. “I just knew he’d know how to handle it when I saw him smirking at me when Sasha first walked up to me.”

 

Yoseob chuckled lightly at seeing her so bright after so many days. “I hate seeing you in a bun, no matter how fancy...” He said as his hand slowly went up to Nayoung’s bun to untie it. However, since it was professionally done he struggled with it, going nowhere.

 

With a radiating smile Nayoung reached up and untied her bun, carefully taking pins out one by one as not to rip her hair. Finally it was flowing down her back, but Nayoung brought it to the front over her left shoulder. “Happy?” She finally said as Yoseob started playing with the tips of her long strands. He simply nodded and looked her in the eye.

 

Nayoung saw a pain in his eyes that he never shows anyone else. She knew why he was sad, and it was eating her soul away. She rested her head on his chest and wrapped her hands around him just so she would not have to see the pain in his eyes.

 

“It is the last time....” He softly whispered as he wrapped his arms around her.

 

She nodded into his chest, “Only 5 meetings away from everyone, in a world of our own.... and this is the 5th one...”

 

“Thank you.” He simply said, gently her hair.

 

A sense of guilt washed over Nayoung. “For what?”

 

“For giving me these 5 meetings. I know you didn't want to do this... But to me, these meetings became my happiest memories.” He wrapped his arms around her tighter, not wanting to let go. He leaned his head back to rest against the railing, staring into the black sky. “Ahh, I wish this night would never end!”

 

Nayoung sat up and looked at him looking at the sky, the pain still lingering in the corner of his eyes. The past four meetings Yoseob would always be happy, truly happy just to be with her. But today... this meeting was hurting him more than it healed him. “Ahh, I must be getting punished for being greedy!”

 

Yoseob looked at her, eyes questioning as he saw a small smile on her face. “You see,” Nayoung started, smiling in hopes that he would at least mimic her smile so she could see him smile one last time. She gently held his face in her hand, while the other rested on his chest feeling his heart beat.“I wanted to keep you just for myself, but you're too precious, too amazing for that. You are something to be shared with the world, and shared with someone who's also as amazing, made for the world... Not for me. I tried to have something I wasn't meant to... so now the heavens are punishing me by taking you away...” A single tear drop slipped from her eyes, and she quickly wiped it before both her hands rested on his chest. “I don't care about me, as long as you're happy... Even if I'm in the worst possible situation imaginable... I'll have the strength to carry on.”

 

Yoseob held both of her hands to his chest and just looked at the love of his life in despair. It just didn't make sense to him anymore. He loved her. She loved him. So why couldn't they be together? What exactly was he paying this great price for? Was his desire to have this one person by his side such an impossible request? It just didn't add up anymore. He brought her hand up and kissed the palm of it, letting it linger there for a while to breathe her in before he brought it back to his chest, holding her hands more firmly.

 

“I've loved before... many times. And each time I've gotten hurt. Every time I thought I found the right one, but there was something always missing. Always.” Yoseob took a sharp breath in, his eyes stinging with tears. “I still don't know what that is, but I do know that you're the only one that has it. So don't give me this crap about being made for someone else who's also made for the world. I was made only for you. I admit, there may come a time where society pushes me to be with someone, but know this, she'll never be you. Whatever I do from now on, whatever I've been doing since the day we met... has always been and will always be for you. So I'll be happy... most of the time. Just once a week, no, one night a week I'll be angry at this crooked world. At least give me that much freedom.” He snorted a laugh at the last sentence, but they were both crying now. They both hated crying in front of each other knowing it would only make the other sadder, but there was no one else who would understand.

 

“Dammit, tonight wasn't supposed to end like this, with my makeup all over the place...” Nayoung chuckled lightly and wiped her tears, trying to wipe away any mascara that may have run down her face. “Now you're going to remember me as this ugly bat.”

 

“No... it's more like a raccoon...” Yoseob teased. The last thing he could do was make her laugh.

 

“Yah! I dressed up for you and you call me a raccoon? I look like this because of you!” She playfully smacked his arm, a smile appearing on her face.

 

“So you did change for me!” Yoseob exclaimed, his face lighting up as well.

 

The rest of the night went with them laughing and teasing each other, their final night together remaining as a happy memory in both their minds. By the time they went back to their apartment it was almost sunrise, also time for the boys to wake up and get ready. Yoseob went directly into a washroom to get ready, feeling like he needed a long shower to get ready for the day. When he got out of the washroom, only Doojoon was up. The door to Nayoung's room was closed so he assumed she decided to sleep for the rest of the day. Besides, she wasn't scheduled to go with them today.

 

Yoseob found Doojoon looking into the fridge, a little confused. When he saw Yoseob he asked, “Yah why is the fridge so full? Looks like there's at least 3 days worth of food.” Yoseob just shrugged and walked away to wake the rest of the members. Whenever Nayoung would get busy, she would always cook extra food in advance, but never this much. He was feeling slightly uncomfortable when their front door opened and their manager walked in.

 

“Rise and shine boys!!! We have to leave in an hour!” The manager boomed, effectively waking up rest of the boys. The boys had gotten used to Nayoung waking them up earlier, so they got up without much fuss.

 

“Hyung can't you be a bit more quiet? Weirdo just went to bed!” Yoseob shushed their manager.

 

“Really? That can't be right...” The manager mumbled to himself.

 

“Why not?” Doojoon asked, now becoming suspicious as well.

 

“Well her flight's in an hour, right? She should be at the airport by now if she wishes to catch the flight...”

 

Yoseob looked at their manager in disbelief while all the boys looked at Yoseob, waiting for his reaction. “Her flight to where?” He asked clenching his fist, his voice sending chills down everyone's spine.

 

“Back to Canada.... Yah! Stop acting like you don't know! The company knew yesterday was her last day to work for about a month now.”

 

It finally dawned on the boys what had happened. “Omma left?” Dongwoon was the first to speak.

 

“What the hell? She can’t just leave! She still has finals coming up!” Junhyung snapped, frustrated that Nayoung would just disappear like this. “Even if she didn’t tell us, at least Sapphy-shi would’ve told us something.”

 

All the boys turned to look towards Hyunseung, who was equally as dumbfounded as them. “She didn’t tell me anything... You don’t think...” Hyunseung looked worriedly at Yoseob, “You don’t think she didn’t even tell Sapphy right? I’ll call to check...”

 

Hyunseung went aside to call Sapphy, while the rest of them just stood there, not knowing what to do. “Even Shawkat didn’t tell me anything...” Doojoon suddenly murmured as he pulled out his phone to call him.

 

Hello?” A sleepy Shawkat answered.

 

Is Nayoung with you?

 

No, why would she? It’s 5 am.

 

“She didn’t even tell her brother...” Doojoon muttered before explaining to Shawkat what had happened. “She left. To Canada.

 

What do you mean she left? Our flight isn’t until after a month!” At this Doojoon stayed silent, not knowing what he could say to Shawkat. Doojoon could hear Shawkat calling some people up and returning to him frustrated. “She changed her flight, She has no exam so she just... left. Her phone is off... Hold on.” Shawkat put him on hold and called the doctor so it’s easier to speak.

 

Once the doctor picked up, there was some furious yelling from Shawkat. “Doojoon-shi?” The doctor spoke. “Nayoung seems to have... run away, to put it simply. Her courses had no final exams, so Shawkat had assumed she would stay the month to finish her internship...” There was some more yelling from Shawkat before he suddenly hung up. The doctor sighed before he continued. “He just said she hides in her room when things get tough... I guess he meant to say she went back to her home...”

 

Doojoon was silently listening all this time, his eyes on Yoseob to see his reaction. “...I don’t know what’s exactly going on, but I know this much that Yoseob-shi is probably having a hard time... Just tell him to be strong, you and Shawkat will fix all this.” The doctor softly said.

 

“Thanks... I’ll pass on the message.” Doojoon hung up, still looking at Yoseob who hadn’t reacted at all. Hyunseung had already finished talking to Sapphy and was now comforting Yoseob, to no success.

 

“Yoseob...” Doojoon quietly explained what was said by Shawkat.

 

To everyone’s shock, Yoseob smiled. “It was truly the last time...” He thought. He held his face in his hands for a few seconds, before looking up at everyone brightly. “We all knew she was going to leave sooner or later. She did so much for us, in a way raised us to be more independent and take care of ourselves. She did all that and never asked for anything in return. This one thing she did for herself, so we should accept it. Doojoon-ah, you said that her brother said that she hides when things get tough. Things have been tough for her for a while now, it was about time for her to hide and heal herself. I’m just glad she finally thought about herself and did something for her own sake.”

 

The boys and their manager relaxed, realizing that this was something good. While they would miss her, it would be better for her to be away. They had accepted, albeit reluctantly, that Nayoung and Yoseob just couldn’t be together.

 

Kikwang then stiffly moved towards Nayoung’s room, slowly opening the door. Her room seemed to have changed to the exact mess it was before she had arrived, not leaving behind any trace of her. However there was a letter on the box closest to the door. “I guess she wanted to wipe herself from our lives...” Kikwang said a little bitterly, hurt by the state of the room. He opened the letter and started reading it out loud, his eyes widening at the content.

 

“Kikwang, I’m not trying to wipe myself out of your lives, stop being so melodramatic. Although you guys don’t know it, you actually use the stuff from the boxes. They have been labelled and organized so that the most frequently used stuff are closest to the door. There’s food in the fridge for about 3 days so please eat and cook for yourselves after it’s done. I have eyes all over so I’ll know if you’ve been behaving or not. I knew you’d be the one to find the letter, always looking for traces like a little puppy. I’ll worry about you the most, although you’re not the youngest you do need a lot of care. So please don’t make mommy worry and take care of yourself. No matter who comes after, you’ll always be my first child. Now give the letter to Dongwoon.”

 

A teary Kikwang passed the letter to him who continued reading.

 

“Ah Dongwoonie, I’ll miss you sooo much! I’m sorry to have left like this, but the circumstances were so. You’ve grown up so much since debut, even more so in the past couple of months. I’m proud to be your second mother. I have one request from you, always make sure that your hyungs are happy. You know that’s your duty as the youngest right? You’ll have to work a bit harder for the next few days, so I’m counting on you! Give it to Junhyung.”

 

Dongwoon was fully crying when he passed the letter to Junhyung.

 

“Junhyung, you’re something else. You always called me noona but you also took care of me like a little sister. You were always first to notice whenever I got hurt, and I always appreciated that. You see, I can’t tell others when I’m sad, so having you around made things a lot easier. I always thought you were so cool because of that! Stay focused, only you know what you want so only you can achieve that. And please properly eat, you’re always hungry! Hyunseung, please.”

 

Junhyung passed it on with a sad smile.

 

“Hyunseung, I’m not going to be worrying about you. Sapphy will do more than I could have ever done for you. She’s a sweet girl, and she’s like my sister. She may seem tough, but she needs to be cared for. I know you won’t hurt her, but if she ever does anything stupid don’t hesitate to call me, I’ll teach her to mess with my baby! That reminds me, I need to talk to Doojoon.”

 

By this time all the members were crying and smiling at how Nayoung knew exactly what to say. Doojoon wiped his face before taking the letter.

 

“Oppa, I think you deserve to be called my oppa now. I don’t know what I would’ve done without you. You supported me, defended me, guided me... You’re the second best oppa a little sister could ask for. Sorry, Shawkat oppa is the best and nothing will change that. And you!!! Stop, with the scheming and plotting you’re doing with oppa. He doesn’t tell me anything but I know you two are up to something. And I know you have my home number because of that, so share it with the boys. All of you can call me anytime you need anything, just not at night. If you need anything past EST 12am and before 7am, call my cell. Shawkat oppa will give you that number...... Tell the boys this. No matter what happens, I’ll never abandon them and never forget the love you guys showed me. Right now... I need some me time. Plus I have to be back in time for my graduation! Can’t miss that. Now you have to take care of them like I used to, it was originally your responsibility! I was just a temporary replacement. Anyways, if I delay anymore Shawkat oppa will break down the door. I honestly don’t know why he’s dragging me to this corporate event! Ugh, the food better be good. All of you, be good.”