The Man

The Story That Just Began...

*UPDATED!!*

 

Yessss, I was able to keep my promise to Narsis.... Although it's a month late for the others...... Sorry......

BTW... what is this business of upvotes?? I am so lost on that!

So yeah.... enjoy, comment and subscribe!... Not necessarily in that order!

 

-----------------------------------------------x-----------------------------------------------

 

Nayoung froze in her spot, staring at a very familiar man, who was now coldly staring at her.

 

The man was wearing a suit, with both of his hands in his pants pocket. He was quite tall, about 5’10”, and seemed to be of the same background as Nayoung. There was an air of arrogance and authority about him, making him seem even taller and quite fearsome.

 

“O...ppa....” She softly whispered, so much in shock that she forgot she was still speaking Korean.

 

Doojoon and the other boys were now peeking in from behind this man, trying to see their reaction when Doojoon spoke up, “I tried to stop him but he just barged in Nayo-” But he was stopped mid sentence as the man raised his right hand to shush, while still looking at Nayoung.

 

“How many times have I told you to not to call me that?” he sounded exasperated, waving his hand in annoyance. “As I was saying, could you please let go of her?” Now the man turned to look at Yoseob coldly, which sent shivers down his fine.

 

“Excuse me, but who are you?” Yoseob asked in Korean without thinking. Feeling uncomfortable, he instinctively held onto Nayoung even tighter, which seemed to wake Nayoung up from her daze.

 

“Yah, let go” She quickly struggled out of his grasp while Yoseob looked at her shocked, and a little hurt.

 

“Who is he?” Yoseob asked, looking at her worriedly.

 

The man then his heels and marched away in the direction he came in, leaving everyone flabbergasted. Nayoung completely ignored Yoseob and ran after the man, not even thinking how they will end up home. Yoseob stared after her wide eyed, as she kept screaming a foreign word as she chased the man.

 

“What... just happened?” Kikwang spoke up, still bewildered by the passing events.

 

“Did she just call him oppa?” Dongwoon asked, “But she said there will only be one oppa for her!” He almost shrieked.

 

“Does that mean....” Doojoon started but never finished his sentence, as they all knew what he was thinking of. All the boys turned to look at Yoseob, who looked confused now. He shook his head and looked at the boys determined, “She would’ve never allow today to happen if she had someone else.”

 

The boys gave each other glances, and did not talk more about it. They started cleaning up after themselves to get ready to go home.

 

------------------------------x----------x------------------------------

 

Nayoung followed the man to his car, still calling out *insert oppa in your language here.* The man only stopped when he reached his car, and turned around fuming. Nayoung was exhausted from running to catch up to him, as she couldn’t keep up with his long strides. She even stopped panting when she saw him glaring at her, afraid of the consequences. Still, taking a chance she started to explain, “But I-”

 

But he curtly cut her off, “Get in the car and drive.” He hissed in English.

 

She slowly nodded and obeyed, knowing full well that someone must have driven him here as he doesn’t have a Japanese driving license. To afraid to ask what happened to hi driver, she quietly voiced a more pressing concern as they got in the car, “Where are we going?”

 

“To your hotel, fool. You know full well that I don’t have a place to stay.” His words seemed to be oozing with venom, as it was something she clearly should have known. But fear has made her forget everything, even the fact that this man is not a big fan of hotels.

 

They silently drive all the way to the hotel, not even the sound of their breathing could be heard. Once they parked at the building, Nayoung was about to grab his luggage from the back, but he pushed her aside and grabbed it from her.

 

“Oi... I have carried heavier things you know...” She mumbled as he only handed her his suitcase to carry while he took two large suitcases.

 

“Not with those injuries” He scoffed.

 

“I am getting better!” She whined cutely, something that would have been too shocking for the B2ST boys to see, but he did not pay attention to her and went upstairs.

 

Remembering how badly injured she was, helped dissipate some of his anger, but all of it came back once more as he saw pictures of the boys hanging on the walls as they entered the apartment.

 

He dropped his suitcases in the middle of her hotel room and glared at her once. “Sit,” he ordered as pointed to the couch. She sat down with her legs crossed and her head hanging low, playing with on of the pillows on the couch to keep her distracted. She was facing sideways, so when the man sat down beside her, they were sitting face to face.

 

“Are you kidding me?” He asked, annoyed and angered.

 

“But I tried to hold back!” She cried out looking up at him with pleading eyes.

 

“But you didn’t!” He yelled, “And back home, Mum is looking for suitors for you!”

 

“I know...” Tears have started welling up in her eyes now.

 

“You know you have nothing in common with him, not where you’re from, not your career, not even your ing language! , his fans beat you up just because you’re his manager, just think what would happen if they found you two have a thing! ” Nayoung stared at the man in shock as he very rarely swears. “I don’t see happiness in this...” His voice softened as he saw how much this was hurting her.

 

She lowered her head, “But I want to give it a try...” she whispered tears were now flowing down her cheek like raindrops on window panes.

 

“Even at the cost of Mum’s happiness?” He softly whispered. She snapped her up to look at him, and now she could see it was hurting him as much as it was hurting her.

 

“Look,” He continued, cupping her face in his hands, “If it was just me and Mum and Dad, we would have happily married you off to whichever monkey you wanted to marry.”

 

“He’s not a monkey..” She replied defiantly. The man chuckled slightly and wiped her tears with his thumbs.

 

“But there’s the rest of our family, the society. Even if you don’t face any of it, they would never let Mum or Dad ever forget that you married someone we don’t quite approve of, to put it very, VERY, lightly. Mum and Dad would never be able to live through the humiliation.”

 

All the reasons why she held back from Yoseob were flooding back into her mind, and the walls that had come down to allow Yoseob were building back up. She lowered her head once again as she fought back more tears.

 

The man took his hands away from her face, and wiped one of his own tears that had slipped out. They sat there silently for a while when suddenly the man spoke up.

 

“You really love him that much?” He asked gently.

 

Nayoung shook her head in denial. “I don’t love him....” She croaked between her tears.

 

“Seriously, you’re gonna lie to me? Remember floating neurons? I know what you’re thinking when we’re not even in the same country, and right now you’re sitting in front of me crying your heart out for him.”

 

She then slowly nodded, knowing full well he knew without even asking, but just did so for her sake. “Does he love you that much?” he suddenly asked, when the boys burst in through the door, (Everyone having additional keys for all the rooms to easily access their props and clothing), making the man and Nayoung turn there head to see who was at the door.

 

(From now on English will be in blue)

 

They were relieved to see Nayoung there, but it was short lived as they saw Nayoung’s tear stricken face.

 

“Omma, are you okay?” Kikwang blurted out, marching up to them. “Did this man hurt you?” He asked pointing at him.

 

The man scoffed and turned away, waiting for Nayoung to explain as he had no idea what they were speaking of.

 

“No, of course not!” Nayoung answered a bit shocked, “Oppa would never hurt me!”

 

“Why are you calling him oppa?” Hyunseung asked as he and the rest of the boys approached Nayoung and the other man. “What are all these luggage?” He asked, suddenly noticing them on the floor.

 

“Oh, he’ll be staying with me while he’s here.” She replied as she wiped her remaining tears away, smiling a little.

 

“With you?” Junhyung yipped, surprised that he was close enough to live with her, “You mean in your room?”

 

“Yes,” Nayoung now felt seriously confused, why were they making a big fuss over it?

 

Doojoon and Yoseob had been silent all this time, but now Doojoon spoke up. “Nayoung-ah but who is he?”

 

“What do you mean who is he? He’s my oppa, hyung.” Nayoung simply replied.

 

“You may have forgotten but oppa could mean a close older male friend, your older brother, or your older boyfriend, which one is he?” Doojoon calmly explained. Yoseob was feeling more and more hurt as time went on and decided to leave. However, Doojoon grabbed him by his shoulder to stop him, so he could hear her answer with his own ears.

 

Nayoung’s eyes shot open, finally understanding their reactions, “Oh my god, I’m so sorry! This is my older brother, Shawkat.”

 

Doojoon looked at Yoseob, who was now calming down. He felt stupid and ridiculous for even thinking that she would have someone else, but he still could not stop and worry.

 

“You have a brother?” Dongwoon sat down on the floor in front of Nayoung, “You never told us that!”

 

She smiled softly and started removing strands of his hair from his face, “Sorry I forgot...”

 

Shawkat then looked at the scene with an incredulous look on his face, “What are you? Their mother?” He scoffed in, annoyed that people were treating his baby sister like she was an older woman.

 

She is our mother,” Dongwoon replied slowly, much to Nayoung’s embarrassment, “Kikwang” he pointed to the boys he was speaking of, “call her mother or Omma. Hyunseung and Junhyung call her noona, older sister. Doojoon calls her Nayoung-ah, Yoseob calls her weirdo... Omma how do you translate weirdo?” He turned to ask Nayoung.

 

What does she call you?” Shawkat asked, curious as to what the man she likes calls her.

 

Weirdo...” She mumbled under her breath. Shawkat burst out laughing, thinking how appropriate the name is for her. For a split second he was happy that she found someone that even embraced her weirdness, but shook it away the next.

 

Oi... stop it!” She whined cutely again as her brother continued laughing. The boys looked at her, horrified by this new side of her.

 

He stopped laughing and smiled, making him look freakishly like Nayoung. The boys looked at Nayoung and the Shawkat, feeling distanced by the fact that she seems like a different person, but also closer to her as she was opening up to them more, albeit it be through her brother.

 

“Yah, this is not fair!” Doojoon suddenly complained, “How come you don’t act like that with me?”

 

“You are my hyung, not my oppa.” Nayoung sheepishly answered.

 

“Yah... I’ve always wanted a younger sister and this is how you treat me? Was my care, love and protection not enough for you?” He jokingly asked.

 

“Fine, I’ll nag you! Starting right now.” She beamed brightly, “Oppa go to bed, you have a schedule tomorrow morning.” she said cutely. Shawkat was instinctively going to reply not to call him oppa, but then realized she was calling someone else that. He carefully looked at Doojoon as he slightly figured out this man had more power than the others in this household.

 

“Yeah, that’s being bossy and not sister like.” Doojoon whined.

 

“And that’s not very responsible oppa like.” She replied, before sternly continuing, “Go to bed everyone, it’s already late and you have morning schedule. Just one minute.” She turned to her brother and said as she got up to shoo everyone out of her hotel room.

 

Shawkat watched in amazement as he saw his baby sister transform into their mother and send all of them to bed. A sense of pride washed over him as he realized the girl he thought could not do anything without his help had suddenly grown up. There was also a sense of disappointment as he was already missing the spoiled, lazy little girl that is his sister. Just as she was sending Doojoon and Yoseob off to their beds, the last two, Shawkat noticed Yoseob gently held her hand and whispered something in her ear. As she she was nodding in reply, Shawkat cleared his throat to grab their attention.

 

Yoseob, isn’t it? If you could stay back a while and talk with me?” He asked solemnly.