Her Importance

Pink and Black
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suzy sighed as she looked at her reflection. She was wearing a pink blouse matched with black skinny jeans. She slowly spun around in front of the mirror and her loose hair swayed as she did so. She bit her lower lip, thinking if she was dress appropriately enough for the occasion.

“Do you have a date?”

She snapped out of her thoughts as she looked at her door and saw that her uncle, Yong Joon, was eyeing her from head to toe.

“I-I’m just going out with a friend,” she stuttered.

“And that friend of yours happens to be your suitor?” Yong Joon asked as he arched his eyebrow.

“How did you know?” Suzy turned to him, wide-eyed.

“I saw him waiting for you outside of the apartment,” Yong Joon answered. Suzy chewed at her lower lip as she stared at her uncle, and Yong Joon in turn sighed, before saying, “Fine, but be back before ten and don’t do anything illegal.”

Suzy smiled in reply, happy how lenient Yong Joon had become when it comes to Myungsoo. She perfectly knows that it was because Myungsoo is a new face and her uncle’s ultimate wish was to see her associate with people other than Woohyun.

“Stop giggling and let’s go out to meet that Kim Myungsoo of yours,” Yong Joon said firmly and surprisingly, he also gave her a sum of pocket money.

“Thanks,” Suzy grinned. “But reminder: he’s not mine.”

“He’ll be yours once you say ‘yes’.”

“And what makes you think that I’ll say ‘yes’?” Suzy furrowed her eyebrows as both of them walked outwards of their house.

“Well, you said ‘yes’ now that he asked you out on a date,” Yong Joon smirked.

But even before Suzy could say a rebuttal, Yong Joon opened the gate for her and Myungsoo bowed to greet them both. He was wearing a black shirt underneath his plaid polo matched with his huge sun glasses and ragged jeans. Suzy found herself gawking at the sight.

“A hallyu star has descended in front of our gate,” Yong Joon whispered as his eyes quickly inspected him.

“Neh?” Myungsoo asked back.

“Don’t be flattered. I’m talking about myself,” Yong Joon retorted. He sighed before pushing Suzy towards Myungsoo and saying, “Take care of this brat.”

“I won’t break your trust,” Myungsoo bowed again.

Yong Joon just nodded and the creaking sound told Suzy that he had already shut the gate behind her. She was then left with Myungsoo and both of them stared at each other with tilted heads.

“Why are you wearing plaids?” they asked each other at the same time.

“Well, my wardrobe is full of plaids and black,” Myungsoo started explaining. He looked at himself before saying, “Even if I do make a choice on what to wear, it’s just between plaids and blacks.”

Suzy gave him a teasing chuckle and Myungsoo just rolled his eyes at her before giving her the helmet as he asked, “And you?”

“You told me to wear something comfortable and… nice. This is my definition of it.”

Myungsoo smiled at her in reply before putting his own helmet on and Suzy hit his shoulder as she complained in a low voice, “Now it really looks like we’re on a date.”

He then lifted his visor as he replied and emphasized every word, “We are on a date.”

“No. We’re not,” Suzy widened her eyes.

“Yes, we are,” Myungsoo argued, playfully glaring at her. “That’s what we agreed on. Remember?”

She remembered. Suzy clearly remembers that she should not have agreed on a challenge with Myungsoo when it comes to academics.

 

 

“When do you plan to stop staring at me?” Suzy sighed as she glanced over at Myungsoo who sat beside her in almost every class.

Myungsoo grinned before asking back, “What would you do if I my answer’s ‘never’?”

Suzy’s face became sour as she turned to him and replied, “Then you’ll be my reason for failing my classes since you’re really distracting me.”

“What class are we in?” Myungsoo asked as he finally looked at the teacher. Suzy glanced at him with a look of disbelief as Myungsoo nodded and mumbled, “Oh. It’s History.”

“Why don’t you pay attention to your class?”

“I don’t need to,” Myungsoo shrugged.

“Airhead,” Suzy mumbled beneath her breath.

“Ahhh. I remember. You’re a chicken brain and that’s why you can’t handle distractions,” Myungsoo teased back.

“Yah,” Suzy uttered and glared at him. “Are you courting me?”

“Me courting you doesn’t change the fact that you’re a chicken brain,” Myungsoo said with a playful smirk. He enjoys teasing Suzy the most since she’ll be paying her full attention to him when he does.

“You’re going to take back all your words once I beat you in class,” Suzy said with a challenging stare.

“Let’s go on a date.”

“What?”

“If you beat me in class, I’ll stop calling you chicken brain and I’ll also refrain from staring at you and teasing you,” Myungsoo suggested. “But if I win, you’ll go on a date with me.”

Suzy glanced at him and after a few moments of staring at the male, she finally answered,

“Okay.”

 

 

“How did you know there’s a festival here?” Suzy asked as she let her eyes roam around the whole area. The place was a little crowded but it was bursting with bright colours and festivity. Myungsoo smiled as he saw how the beam in Suzy’s lips reflected all the joy around her.

“Let’s just say that I searched. This is our first date so I wanted to prepare.”

When Suzy glanced at him, he saw the same charming smile that she was now frequently seeing, and she wondered if she was always the reason behind each of them.

“Do you have a curfew for today?” Myungsoo asked, breaking her trance.

“U-Uhmmm. Ten pm,” Suzy replied.

“That’s great,” Myungsoo sighed in relief. “I was planning to watch the fireworks with you.”

“There are fireworks?” Suzy’s mouth gaped in amazement.

“At seven pm, there is,” Myungsoo chuckled at her innocence. “Have you not been in a festival before?”

Suzy quickly shook her head and mumbled, “I’ve been to many countries but not in their festivals.”

Myungsoo didn’t ask any further because he knew that it might be because of her strict uncle or her difficulties in finding friends in a foreign land so he instead raised three of his fingers and said, “There are three things that you must not miss in any festival: Food, Games, and Fireworks.”

Suzy giggled in excitement before commenting, “You’re taking away too many of my f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter