Volunteering

Pink and Black
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“The Volleyball Club is in dire need of an additional staff. Volunteer there and I’ll have the Team Captain evaluate you which shall serve as your exam grade.”

Suzy couldn’t do anything else but thank her PE instructor for another chance after failing to show up on time for their exam. As soon as she saw Myungsoo when she got out of the faculty room, she immediately launched an attack at the male, slapping his arms with all her might.

“This is your fault!” she blurted out.

“What did I do?” Myungsoo asked back as he held her wrists. “I already tried to drive you as fast as I could! It was you who woke up late!”

“I wouldn’t have woken up late if you haven’t kept me awake all night because of your calls!” Suzy whined as she extricated her hands from Myungsoo’s hold and the latter couldn’t help but chuckle a little because of the cute pout on the former’s lips.

“That’s just PE, Suzy,” he tried to comfort her.

“I can’t go to my Senior Year if I have a failing grade – even if it’s just PE,” Suzy glared at him.

“Why? Did he fail you? I’d have him fired then.”

“First of all, if you do that, I’d break up with you and second, no. He didn’t fail me. He just gave me a task – a volunteer work for the Volleyball Team for two weeks. Third, you have to buy me ice cream since this is your entire fault,” Suzy finished with a smile and grabbed Myungsoo’s hand as she dragged him onto the Cafeteria.

“You never run out of reasons for me to buy you food,” Myungsoo whispered beneath his breath. However, the concern was still evident on the male as he asked her, “Hey. You’ll be okay volunteering for that club, right?”

“I think so,” Suzy shrugged, unknowledgeable of the fate that was waiting for her.

 

 

“Excuse me, who among them is Jung Soojung?” Suzy asked the males who were watching the Volleyball Team’s practice after she was instructed to go there by herself.

“The one with 94 printed on her jersey,” they answered and Suzy’s gaze followed the direction to where their fingers were pointing.

On her mind was someone very tall and voluptuous but what she saw was a girl in ponytail whose figure reflect fragility. In one glance, she would seem to possess the beauty and elegance suited for a ballerina but her moves in the court proves her skills and strength as a star player. Her face and her long hair seemed like that of a model’s possession. Suddenly, Suzy found herself in a daze as she watched the beautiful lady grace the court and her bubble was only disturbed by the sound of the whistle. Realizing that the Volleyball Team was finally on break, she walked towards them and took the chance to introduce herself to Soojung.

“Hi. I’m Bae Suzy. I’m the one that Mr. Lee sent for volunteer staff work,” she introduced herself with the friendliest smile that she could muster. Others have smiled back at her but the person to whom the introduction was addressed only gave her a cold stare.

“Whatever. Buy us food and drinks for practice, clean the locker rooms then afterwards, wash our uniform. From today onwards, be here on 8am to make sure that everything is arranged before we start practicing,” the girl said.

Flabbergasted, Suzy just stood frozen on the spot but then Soojung turned to her again and asked, “What are you doing? Go now. We’re already thirsty.”

“Neh?” Suzy asked back.

Soojung then rolled her eyes and got a stopwatch before saying, “If you’re not back with food and drinks in three minutes, I’d give you a failing mark this instant. Go!”

Without further thinking, Suzy started sprinting after cursing beneath her breath. Soojung on the other hand lazily looked at the running figure before a smirk formed on her lips.

 

 

“I asked you to eat with me because I know that your free time now we’re on vacation is mostly on Myungsoo but it seems to me that it is not Myungsoo whom you are busy about,” Woohyun stared at the girl who just laid her head on top of the table. He squinted at her as he added, “I thought your exams are already over. What’s with this aura of fatigue I can sense from you?”

 “The Volleyball Team’s Captain is bringing hell onto Earth,” Suzy stated as she continued staring onto nothingness.

“Jung Soojung? But she’s a great captain. Her team mates love her and she often gets compliment from the coach too because of her perseverance, hard work and leadership skills besides her competency in Volleyball,” Woohyun replied.

“Blabber some more and I’d think that you have a crush on that devil,” Suzy glared at Woohyun.

But the male just chuckled and asked, “What has Soojung-ssi done to you for you to loathe her this way?”

“Well, nothing much. Really. I was just made to clean the gym, the balls plus their clothes, buy them food and drinks and anything under the sun that she wants me to do. Urgh! I should have just taken the exam! This is more difficult by hundred folds! It’s already making me age a thousand years!” Suzy continuously cried as she kept poking her cake on her plate.

“I really think that’s weird. If you’re not my cousin, I would assume that what you are saying is just a rumour,” Woohyun tilted his head. “Is there anything you’ve done to offend her?”

“I don’t know. Exist?” Suzy scoffed.

“And what about the other members of the Volleyball Team?”

“They’re okay,” Suzy shrugged. “They sympathize with me, I think.”

“Then, maybe what you and Soojung need is more time to get along,” Woohyun suggested.

“And how long do we need? I barely have one week to please her so that I could have a passing grade,” Suzy bit her lip.

“Well, maybe this is your opportunity.”

Suzy widened her eyes and sneakily turned to the direction of Woohyun’s gaze only to find out that the male was not kidding. Soojung has indeed entered the same café. She was planning to avoid her at all costs outside of the four corners of the court but then, her and her group of friends passed by her and Woohyun’s table. Fighting the urge to scream in frustration, Suzy politely smiled at the girl but Soojung paid no attention to her.

“Oppa, you’re here,” Soojung greeted Woohyun.

“Hi Soojung! I’m just catching up with Suzy. Do you mind joining us then?” Woohyun asked and Suzy wanted to kick the hell out of the male at that time but fortunately for her, Soojung declined the offer.

“It’s okay. I don’t want to disturb someone else’s date.”

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter