Determination

Pink and Black
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"And who is this chick?"

"With all do respect sir, I'm not a chick. I'm a woman and I'll appreciate it if you stop calling me with diminutive terms," Suzy answered with a frown.

Sungjong nudged Suzy and smiled at the man who was squinting his eyes at her. "Neh, sunbae-nim. This is Bae Suzy. Suzy, this is Kim Kibum."

Kibum glanced at Sungjong and raised an eyebrow then looked back at Suzy who nervously gulped as Kibum's stare seemed piercing through her soul. But then, Kibum flashed a smile and held both of her shoulders.

"I like your answer. You're different," Kibum said as he patted her shoulder. "So are you here to enroll to the drama club?"

"Aniyo," Sungjong immediately pulled Suzy back, releasing her from Kibum's hold. "She's here to learn acting."

Kibum raised an eyebrow again at Sungjong and said, "I'm waiting for the 'and' part."

"And she will be needing it to learn modeling."

Suzy flashed an awkward smile at Kibum who crossed his arms over his chest before looking at her from head to toe.

"Hmmmm," Kibum nodded. "Tell me. Why will I help her?"

"Sunbae," Sungjong whined while stomping his feet. "Can't you do a favor for me? Please?"

"There's no such thing as free lunch, Sungjong. Didn't you hear that?" Kibum snapped and waved the fan that he was holding to Sungjong's face.

"I'll return the favor," Suzy answered quickly. "..someday."

Kibum's mouth twitched and looked at her again, judging. He then abruptly grabbed Suzy's ponytail, releasing her long hair, making it fall on her shoulders up to her waist. He then lifted her chin and looked at her eyes intently,

"And what would that favor be?"

"Don't scare her," Sungjong whispered.

"Shh!" Kibum snapped at Sungjong without taking his eyes off Suzy.

"S-S-Something decent," Suzy answered as she shivered on Kibum's touch.

"Anything I want?" Kibum asked.

"That is decent," Suzy added.

Kibum smirked and withdrew his hand. "A few rules. Don't be late. Do whatever I tell you to do-"

"Neh?" Suzy asked.

"AND never talk back," Kibum glared at her.

"Yes, Kibum sunbaenim," Suzy whispered hesitantly.

"Hep! You don't call me Kibum," Kibum said as his finger landed on Suzy's lip making the latter widen her eyes. Kibum then leaned and whispered on her ears, "It's Key, darling."

And the next thing Suzy knew, Kibum had already planted a light kiss on her cheek.

"See you after school. Same place."

When Kibum walked away, Sungjong let out a sigh of relief and turned to see Suzy, still frozen by Kibum's sudden actions. When Sungjong wiped Suzy's cheek with his sleeves, Suzy was snapped back to reality.

"W-Was that normal?" Suzy asked.

"For him, yes,"  Sungjong whispered. "It's a greeting."

"Warn me next time," Suzy said as she touched the part of her cheek that Kibum kissed.

Sungjong then held both of her shoulders and looked at her intently.

"W-Wae?" Suzy asked.

"Sunbae can be a bit moody sometimes," Sungjong warned. "So you have to listen carefully and attend to his requests. Trust me. It's for your own benefit. If that guy likes you, he'll take you to success."

"Is he that scary?" Suzy asked worriedly.

"Hmmm," Sungjong relaxed. "Just don't make him mad."

 

 

"That girl is really weird. She keeps massaging her face all through out our lesson and she's doing some weird gestures," Myungsoo complained.

"Let her be. She's working hard," Woohyun argued. "Where is she anyways?"

"She's with Kibum sunbaenim," Sungjong replied.

Myungsoo bursted out laughing while Woohyun almost spilled out his drink at the news. "You left her alone with him?"

"I know," Sungjong scratched his head, frustrated. "But as long as she doesn't do anything bad, she'll survive. Right?"

"Did he kiss her on the first meeting?" Woohyun asked.

Sungjong sighed and nodded.

"Then she left a good impression," Woohyun said. "She'll survive... as long as she can keep the good impression."

"That's going to be a tough job," Myungsoo managed to say in between his chuckles.

 

 

"Not here again?" Sungyeol whispered as he saw that the seat in front of his new favorite spot in the library was empty. However, his thoughts were distracted by a loud snore.

He then looked for the source and found Suzy sleeping in front of one of the computers in the computer section of the library. He smiled at the sight. Her head was lying above the keyboard and  was slightly gaped. She was still holding a pen in her hands

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter