So Close

Pink and Black
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Myungsoo was again, looking at the window of the library, staring at the girl who patiently waited for someone to cross her way. He sighed at their situation- he was stealing glances at her while her eyes yearned for someone else. He was about to stand up when he felt that the space on both of his sides were occupied, trapping him in between.

“What do you want?” Myungsoo asked

“Is that the way you talk to your noona now?” Hye Sun asked back.

“It was actually directed to Kibum,” he replied.

“That’s sunbaenim for you!” Kibum complained but Myungsoo just chuckled.

“We actually would want to give you an invitation to The Clef,” Hye Sun said.

Myungsoo furrowed his eyebrows, “But I can’t. I’m not the head of any club. I don’t even have a club.”

“You can join my club if you want,” Kibum smiled. “Actually, you have to audition but for you, I can set it aside.”

“Not in a million years,” Myungsoo said flatly making Kibum scoff.

Hye Sun giggled before suggesting, “We would actually want you to be the photographer for the event.”

Myungsoo had a blank look on his face as he asked, “Am I doing it for free?”

Hye Sun pouted and acted cutely, shaking his arm as she whined, “That’s what friends are for, right?”

Myungsoo tried to shrug her hand as he said, “Shirreo!”

“But Suzy’s coming!” Hye Sun yelled back.

Kibum and Hye Sun glanced at each other when Myungsoo took a while before answering, “So?”

“You hesitated just now!” Kibum pointed at him.

“I-I didn’t!” Myungsoo retorted.

“You’re stuttering too!” Kibum replied, widening his eyes at him. Myungsoo was about to talk back but when he opened his mouth, no words came out. Kibum smirked as he crossed his arms over his chest. He then complained, “After showing off the closeness between the two of you in the sports fest, do you think there was someone who would not know that you’re interested in her?!”

Hye Sun teasingly smiled as she whispered, “If there was someone who did not know that you like her, it would only be Suzy.”

Myungsoo stayed in silence as he sheepishly scratched the back of his neck. Kibum winked at Hye Sun secretly, indicating that they were close to making him agree.

“You just need to take pictures and it’s a free pass for the night,” Kibum urged.

“Aren’t you curious of how Suzy would look?” Hye Sun added.

“I’ve seen her in different clothes. She’s my model,” Myungsoo tried to reason out.

“This is totally different!” Kibum retorted. “As your model, she would dress up like what you wanted.”

“But in that night, her look would entirely be her choice,” Hye Sun continued and she leaned in at Myungsoo as she whispered, “And the both of us know that she would be trying to impress someone.”

Myungsoo’s gaze fell on the ground as silence engulfed him. The other two glanced at each knowingly and Kibum sighed as Hye Sun gently tapped Myungsoo’s back.

“We’re hoping for a positive feedback Myung.”

He was then left staring at the ground as he felt that the space on both of his sides was empty once more. Then his eyes looked back at the window once more and he watched as a smile graced on Suzy’s lips as Sungyeol occupied the seat in front of her.

 

 

“Hey,” Suzy sat up as she heard the screeching sound the chair made on the floor. She raised her head as her sight welcomed Sungyeol’s figure.

“Hi,” he greeted back with a bright smile. As he took his seat, he immediately asked, “So are you going to The Clef?”

“Neh,” Suzy enthusiastically nodded and she smiled as she added, “I simply wouldn’t miss it.”

“Good,” Sungyeol replied with a smile as he lightly ruffled Suzy’s hair making the latter blush uncontrollably. Just then, Sungyeol withdrew his hand as he asked, “Then, do you have someone to go with?”

“I have,” Suzy answered quickly. “I asked Sungjong to accompany me. He said he’s allowed to join too since he’s the head of his club.”

Suzy didn’t want Sungyeol to worry or be a burden to him so she came out on her own way to find her partner. But then, she was not able to catch the emotion that flashed in Sungyeol’s eyes as she said those words and to salvage the situation, her phone had started ringing. Both of them flinched as Suzy forgot to turn her phone into silent mode. She quickly answered the call,

“Yoboseyo?”

Sungyeol watched as she leaned into the window with eyebrows furrowed. She was whispering through the call but he could hear her say,

“Kim Myungsoo. You don’t have to call if you have something to say. Just go up.”

Sungyeol then peeked from the window and saw the male’s figure from below. He shot him a nod as an acknowledgement which Sungyeol gladly replied with the same nod.

“You’re really lazy,” he heard Suzy say.

From Myungsoo’s facial expression, Sungyeol could only guess that they were bickering.

“I get it already!” Suzy said with a stern voice as she glared at Myungsoo from afar. “I can buy the materials but you should fund it… What’s unfair about that? Absolutely not! I supply the labor while you supply the capital… Why don’t you just agree for this to go smoothly?”

Sungyeol could do nothing but stare at the girl who was in front of her.

She’s with me, he thought as his gaze travelled back to Myungsoo before he started staring at Suzy once more. But her attention is with someone else.

A bitter smile graced his lips before he stood up, finally catching Suzy’s attention. He smiled at her as he said, “I have to go. See you.”

“Neh,” Suzy said and she smiled as she added, “Take care.”

He started walking with big steps, trying to shrug off the uneasy feeling that was building inside him. But just when he has finally left the library, he bumped into Hye Sun. She instantly flashed him a smile and when she noticed that he just came out of the library, her grin went wider.

“Did you already ask her?” Hye Sun asked.

“Ask who?” Sungyeol innocently asked back.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter