Heart's Pursuit

Pink and Black
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suzy looked at herself in the mirror as she dusted off the uniform she was wearing. There was a warm yet sad smile that crossed her lips when she realized that it was the first day of hopefully their last year in high school. However, her daze was suddenly halted when Yong Joon knocked shortly but abruptly barged in her room.

“How is it?” Yong Joon asked.

“Which one?” Suzy questioned back.

“How do I look?” Yong Joon rephrased his question and timidly, he turned around.

Suzy looked at him from head to toe and noticed that he was dressed up better than usual. She replied, “You look handsome.”

“Really?” Yong Joon probed, “Aren’t my clothes too grand?”

“I don’t think so,” Suzy shook her head and her lips curved into mocking smile as she said, “Are you going on a date?”

It was supposed to be mere teasing but when Yong Joon’s cheeks blushed red, Suzy widened her eyes in surprise. However, stuttering, Yong Joon denied, “N-No. It’s not a date. I’d just hang-out with a friend.”

“Oh,” Suzy mumbled.

Yong Joon noticed her questioning stare so in order to direct the conversation, he immediately dismissed her, “You should go to school now. You’d be late. Here’s your allowance.”

Suzy accepted the money that Yong Joon handed from his pocket and even before she could say ‘thanks’, Yong Joon came dashing out of her room. Unknowingly, a smile glossed Suzy’s lips in her uncle’s odd behavior. She proceeded on preparing for school and at their gates, she met Myungsoo who was waiting for her.

She immediately ran towards him and pecked his lips making the male raise his eyebrows in surprise. She hugged him as she smiled brightly and greeted, “Good morning!”

“Well, good morning indeed,” Myungsoo grinned as he hugged her back. Then he said, “It’s our last year in high school.”

Suzy buried her had against his chest before asking, “Do you think everything will change once we graduate?”

“Maybe?” Myungsoo answered before breaking the hug to look at her. With a smile he replied, “Well, except for us. I would make sure that our love would last even after high school.”

Suzy giggled as she replied, “Challenge accepted.”

The two then went to school together using Myungsoo’s motorcycle. They checked their schedules and were happy to know that they both have the same classes. It took them until lunch time to meet Woohyun and Sungjong. However, after giving Suzy an excruciating hug, Sungjong needed to bid farewell for he needed to process some documents for his future studies abroad. There was a glaring difference with Woohyun too – for beside him, Soojung was always there. Suzy observed how the cold, tough and chic aura of Soojung melts away whenever she is with Woohyun and how in turn, she becomes a sweet girlfriend.

“It doesn’t suit her,” Myungsoo whispered to Suzy, “This sudden change of image whenever she’s with Woohyun.”

“I think it’s cute,” Suzy whispered back with a smile making Myungsoo groan. She chuckled before teasing, “Come on. I changed you too. Remember how you used to bully me?”

“Why? Do you miss my bullying?” Myungsoo retorted before putting some spaghetti sauce on Suzy’s nose. He chortled seeing her made face at his action.

Suzy laughed back before wiping away the sauce herself. However, her smile slowly turned sad when her gaze fell on the two empty chairs. Suzy then realized that they haven’t graduated yet but changes come unexpectedly and changes include people leaving. Her gaze then travelled to Myungsoo and she wondered if time will come for the two of them to also depart each other.

 

 

Suzy accompanied Myungsoo in strolling around the city to make achieve some random street photography; now, they were resting by the Han River as they ate some ice cream. Myungsoo took her picture once again but the clicking of the camera didn’t seem to faze Suzy who was lost in a trance.

Myungsoo kissed her hand and finally catching her attention, he asked, “Is there something that’s bothering you?”

She sighed before confessing, “Today, they gave out forms to fill-in right? The ones where we write our prospective career and university choices.”

“Hmmm,” Myungsoo nodded.

“What did you write?” Suzy asked.

Myungsoo then started explaining on how he was planning to take a course in either photography or film in either of the two of the most famous universities in the Metropolis. He said that he wants to work while studying so that he could gather some experience which would be useful both for his studies and for his career. Throughout his story, Suzy intently listened and she noticed how excitement filled Myungsoo’s orbs and how he was so certain with every word that he would say about his future.

“Then let’s travel at least once a year,” Myungsoo added, “I think that would improve my collection too. Oh! Let’s take a picture every season too so we could invest on the photos we would show in our wedding! What do you think?”

Suzy beamed after Myungsoo unknowingly and indirectly told her how he envisions a future with her. Myungsoo then smiled, and not waiting for her answer, he started thinking out loud if they can continue living in his apartment when they get married or if they need to buy a house and how much he should save up for that.

“How many kids do you want?” Myungsoo asked her, “I think the size of the house would depend on that.”

“One boy and one girl?” Suzy asked back.

“How about two boys and two girls?” Myungsoo grinned.

“How can we even make sure of their genders?” Suzy frowned.

“Then let’s just try and try until we get more than one girl and one boy!” Myungsoo suggested earning him a slap on the arm from Suzy which made both of them chuckle. But as their laughter died down, it was Myungsoo’s turn to ask, “How about you? What did you write in the forms?”

“Hmmm,” Suzy hummed, “I wrote down Music as first choice then Literature. As for university choices, I’m still not decided. Should I just go with you? I think it’d be fun to study in the same school with you again. I mean, we wouldn’t spend time together as much as we do right now but at least we’re together and we can hang-out in the nearby places.”

She giggled as she gazed at him and added, “We can suffer college together.”

Myungsoo nodded with a smile on his lips but then he stared at her before asking, “How about Julliard?”

Slowly, the smile that adorned Suzy’s lips faded away and she averted her gaze as she confessed, “I don’t think I’m confident enough to try. I mean, only the best gets accepted to Julliard and I don’t think I’m any close to them.”

Myu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter