Limits

Pink and Black
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Myungsoo’s heart broke upon seeing the agony in her face. His gaze on her softened as Suzy tried to smile as she said, “I somehow knew how this will end… but it still hurts.”

He bit his lower lip as Suzy cried more; she started punching her chest as she sobbed, “It hurts. It hurts so badly.”

Myungsoo had a strong urge to dry her tears with a tight and warm embrace but he chose not to. He knew that his feelings for her would just mess up with the rejection she was going through and he knew too that right now, Suzy needed a friend more than a suitor. With a sigh, he sat down beside her, not minding that the soil would make his uniform dirty.

He wanted to ask what happened but he knew too how it would just exacerbate Suzy’s pain so he opted to stay by her side and listen to her painful cries. But as Myungsoo stared at the girl who hid her face with her messy hair and whose shoulders trembled madly as she let out short sobs, his chest also started clenching.

He inhaled sharply before he patted and caressed her back as he whispered, “The pain… it’ll go away. Sometimes it takes longer than we thought but the pain will eventually go away.”

Suzy’s shoulders shook more as she cried harder. She did not care if someone would hear her. She was just wishing that letting her tears out would ease away her misery. Without saying a word, she edged closer to Myungsoo; she did not outwardly say it but she knew that she felt more at ease with the boy beside her.

Hours later, Suzy’s cried finally subsided but the wind felt cold for the night has fully arrived. She put her head on Myungsoo’s shoulder as she sniffed every now and then. Myungsoo gazed at her and asked, “Are you done?”

“I’m already tired,” she answered with a husky voice. With a short chuckle, she added, “I guess I can continue some other time.”

Myungsoo noticed how she rubbed her palms together so he asked, “Are you cold?”

“A little,” Suzy answered and suddenly, she felt Myungsoo’s coat drape over her. Her gaze met his as she asked, “I look ugly right now, right?”

Myungsoo teasingly squinted at her and said, “Your lips and face are all swollen. Your eyes are red too as if you’ve stayed awake for seven days. Your hair is all over the place. What do you expect?”

“I understand,” Suzy lazily replied.

“And you also have snot flowing down from your nose!” Myungsoo exclaimed.

Suzy widened her eyes and with panic, she turned to wipe away the mucus from her nose but found out that there was nothing. She furrowed her eyebrows and complained, “There’s none!”

But when she looked back at Myungsoo again, she found the male laughing at her. She gave her a weak punch in reply and Myungsoo just chuckled some more. She then watched as he hugged his knees closer to his chest and stared at her before saying, “I was kidding. You still look pretty.”

Suzy had the urge to roll her eyes at him because the male was probably teasing her again but then the smile that played on Myungsoo’s lips told her otherwise. He then added, “But you look the most beautiful when you’re happy.”

She didn’t know what to say next as she suddenly realized that she must have been bringing the same pain to Myungsoo. Fortunately, Myungsoo quickly dismissed the awkward atmosphere by saying, “You’re all tired already. Let’s get you home.”

She nodded silently and the rest of their journey to her house had been quiet. Thousands of thoughts were running in Suzy’s head, both of Sungyeol’s and. Her daze was only halted when she noticed that they were in front of the apartment and Myungsoo had told her, “This is your stop.”

She nodded again and gave him back his helmet and his coat but before he could go, she called him, “Myungsoo?”

“Hmmm?” Myungsoo lifted the visor of his helmet.

“Thank you,” she said sincerely.

With a smile, Myungsoo answered, “Anytime.”

 

 

Suzy groaned as her covers had been taken from her and the sunlight blinded her sight. She squinted, trying to find out who disturbed her from her slumber. Just as she was about to blurt out his name, the male had pulled her up and scolded her, “What are you doing? It’s noon. You should be in school, noona.”

“I would say the same thing to you, Jongie,” she replied with a hoarse voice. She received the box of tissue that Sungjong had given her and after blowing off her nose, she asked, “Why are you here?”

“By the way you chose not to go to school after your auditions,” Sungjong started and gave her a glass of water. As he watched her drink, he continued, “I kind of figured out what happened to your confession.”

Suzy met his gaze as she finished off the glass’ content and the male added, “And I’m here just like what I promised.”

He saw how the girl’s gaze softened and how her lips formed a sad smile. The male, in return, gently squeezed her hand. There was a short silence before Suzy chuckled and said, “It’s a surprise that uncle let you in.”

“Fortunately, he knew that you’re having a hard time and you needed a friend,” Sungjong replied. He pouted as he added, “I mean, look at you. You’re still wearing the dress I gave you and your eyes are all red and your cheeks are puffy. It only takes common sense to find out that you’re not feeling well.”

“You’re telling me that I look miserable,” Suzy complained but then retorted, “Well, maybe that’s because I feel miserable.”

Sungjong gave a small but worried beam before sitting beside Suzy and hugging her sideward. The female brushed his arms that enveloped her as she mumbled, “But if I allow myself to sulk longer, I’m just making myself more broken… maybe up to the point that it’s not just Sungyeol who would reject the miserable me but every single person in this planet.”

“I would not reject you,” Sungjong quickly responded. Suzy turned to him and saw the mischievous smile in the male’s face as he added, “But I certainly agree that you deserve a shower right now.”

He dragged her up before pushing her inside her bathroom as he said, “Go on and prepare. I’ll treat you to an ice cream shop to make you feel better.”

Suzy gave out a short laugh as Sungjong closed the door before him. She tried opening it again but then the male was pulling the other side so she shouted, “Yah. I don’t have a set of clothes to change with.”

But then the door opened a little and Sungjong gave her a paper bag. Before she could even ask, the door was shut again and Suzy was left with brand new pants and shirt to wear. She chuckled more as she saw that in the middle of the shirt was a statement that said: I’m too awesome to be in a relationship.

However, when Suzy was alone in the bathroom, thousands of thoughts had started running in her mind again. At the back of her mind, her sweet moments with Sungyeol flashed where she thought there was something more than friendship between the two of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter