Living Together

Pink and Black
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“When would you stop glaring at me, Su?”

“You should have not said ‘yes’,” Suzy rolled his eyes at him.

“And why would I not say ‘yes’? He’s giving me a chance to be with you,” Myungsoo grinned. “Plus he told me that if I refuse it, he’d give the job to another person and I can’t just afford to give you to another man.”

“If you refused, he’d ask me to find a housemate by myself because he doesn’t know any friend of mine besides the four of you,” Suzy retorted but she still held the door of their unit open for Myungsoo. “I seriously can manage on my own. I’d just invite Soojung or Eunji or Jieun over.”

“But I already said ‘yes’ and I’m already here,” Myungsoo replied. He even attempted to make a cute yet pitiful expression as he added, “Please stop pushing me away. Don’t you want to be with me?”

Suzy squinted at the male before locking the door behind him. Then, she commented, “Sometimes, the sweet side doesn’t really suit you. You should be thankful that I love you.”

“Well, thank you then,” Myungsoo beamed.

The both of them then just smiled at each other but as soon as they entered the apartment, the large letters on a piece of paper posted on the fridge caught their attention. With stoned expressions, the two walked slowly towards the fridge. As Suzy read it, she could feel her face warm up and she could bet that she had started to blush madly. Myungsoo, on the other hand, sheepishly rubbed his ears because he too suddenly felt a sudden surge of embarrassment at the words posted on the fridge which read:

HOUSE RULE(S):

NO BABY MAKING-ACTIVITIES. Other rules are subject to the agreement of parties but Rule 1 is supreme.

PS. I trust you that you would treat each other fairly and that you would follow Rule 1.

“Too bad I looked forward to being home alone with you,” Myungsoo teased earning him a hard slap on the back from Suzy. However, as their gazes met, the two just ended up laughing comfortably at the matter.

Secretly, they both looked forward to living together, both oblivious that a couple-like life has its perks and misfortunes.

 

 

Yawning, Suzy sleepily walked towards the bathroom to get her morning bath. Humming a song, she washed her hair before dipping her whole body onto the tub filled with water. Knowing that it was Saturday, she decided to take the time to enjoy the warmth of the water. A smile grazed her lips at the relaxing sensation but the smile quickly vanished away when the door suddenly clicked and a male came in the bathroom.

Not long after, Suzy’s screeching scream echoed through the whole apartment, “Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!”

And a bottle of shampoo went flying to Myungsoo’s head.

The male just closed his eyes hoping that the ice pack would both relieve his pain and his irritation. Only silence echoed through the four corners of the room as he tended to the bump of his head while Suzy stared at him in an apologetic manner.

“Sorry,” Suzy mumbled. “But it’s your fault for coming in without knocking.”

Huffing, Myungsoo argued back, “Who’s the one who bathed without locking the door?”

“That’s because I know that uncle never wakes up early during weekends,” Suzy replied. “And he knocks every time too.”

“You just forgot that I was here, didn’t you?”

“Well, kind of. Do you really wake up that early?”

“I didn’t wake up because I never slept from the start,” Myungsoo complained. “Your uncle never told me that I would not have a room in your apartment. I can’t sleep on your sofa!”

“We can’t share the bed! Rule number 1!” Suzy retorted.

“Then let’s take turns using your bed!” Myungsoo answered.

“No! I can’t have you in my room!”

“Then let’s get the bed out of your room for me to sleep on!”

“I can’t sleep on the sofa too!”

“Then, let’s share the bed!” Myungsoo yelled.

“Rule number 1 –“ Suzy was about to remind him but then Myungsoo had cut him off.

“We’re just sleeping together. Nothing more, okay?! I just really want some sleep. Please give me the sleep that I deserve,” Myungsoo said in exasperation. He sighed before saying, “At least as an apology to this.”

“Then let’s do it,” Suzy replied after much hesitation. “And add a few more house-rules too.”

Not long after, another piece of paper accompanied the original house rules which read:

Pursuant to House Rule Number 2 set by Bae Yong Joon, we, Kim Myungsoo and Bae Suzy agreed on the following:

To knock first before entering any room. To share the bed but to do no further than sleeping. To share equally both the food and the household chores. To tell the other party when one is leaving and the time one is supposed to come back. To not invade each other’s privacy.

As soon as Myungsoo was satisfied with the list, he immediately ran towards Suzy’s room catching the girl off-guard.

“Yah!” Suzy yelled but Myungsoo was fast enough to enter her room.

He quickly plopped himself onto her bed but upon noticing that he lay on top of a bump, he sat up only to find a cat stuffed toy on the bed. With a thoughtful smile on his lips, he held the stuffed toy up and asked the girl, “You sleep with this?”

Embarrassed, Suzy could only argue, “Why? Do you have a problem with it? At least I’m taking care of it! If I know, you already threw the bunny stuffed toy I gave you!”

“Of course not,” Myungsoo smiled. “It’s beside my bed and every morning when I see it, I imagine that it’s you greeting me good morning.”

As Suzy sat at the edge of her bed, she gave Myungsoo a smile before whispering, “Well then, good morning Kim Myungsoo.”

Myungsoo admired the beam that hung on the girl’s lips and gladly, he returned the smile too before replying, “See? If I didn’t accept your uncle’s offer, I might never experience mornings as sweet as this.”

 

 

“Anything else?” Myungsoo asked as he pushed the cart.

“I think we’re done,” Suzy replied with a smile.

The two then proceeded to the counter but as they stood next to each other, the mothers lined up after them started gossiping.

“Look at that couple.”

“Aren’t they too young to be married?”

The two felt a sudden sur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter