Advices

Pink and Black
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Myungsoo!”

He groaned as he heard his name and turned around to find the girl that’s been occupying his mind, running towards him. Her hair again was in a messy bun and sweat trickled down her face as she gasped for breath in front of him but still, she carried a bright smile with her. He furrowed his eyebrows at her as she yelled while she ran and Myungsoo could not make sense of what she was screaming until she was only a few meters before him.

“I passed!”

Those were the words that came out of Suzy’s mouth before Myungsoo felt her arms being wrapped against him. Myungsoo could not even return the hug because everything felt surreal for him. He felt blood rushing towards his face, making him blush madly. They were causing a scene but both of them were too caught up in the moment to even notice. When he had gathered enough courage to let his hands travel to her back, Suzy had already broke the hug and showed him the piece of paper that she was holding for so long as she repeatedly hopped and happily said,

“I passed! I passed! I passed!”

Myungsoo chuckled because the girl had made his heart thump a thousand times faster but she had no idea about it. He then got the paper she was holding and said,

“Yah. You can’t rip off announcements from the bulletin board.”

“Ahh,” she gasped before chuckling to herself. “I was too excited to show it to you. Did you see my name?”

“Hmm,” he nodded with a sincere smile because he was genuinely happy for her achievement. He ruffled her hair before whispering, “Congratulations.”

Suzy flashed a smile again at him and her eyes turned into crescent slits as she said, “Thank you.”

Myungsoo stared at her and realized that Suzy was taking another step further why he was still fighting so hard to give up on her. Shrugging off the thought, he looked back at the paper and his eyes then travelled to the end of it as he added,

“And you’re all invited to attend ‘The Clef’ too.”

“Oh?” Suzy asked with a pout. “Really? What’s The Clef?”

He showed the paper back to her as he said, “It’s like a welcoming party for all of you. It’s a social gathering for the probationary members, present members, and the alumni.”

“Ahhh,” Suzy nodded before looking back at Myungsoo as she asked, “Then do I have to dress up?”

“Of course. It’ll be a formal occasion,” he said with a slight nod.  “But don’t worry. You’ll have time to prepare since it’s after the sports fest.”

“But the sports fest is near too,” Suzy mumbled to herself.

 

 

“Juniors! Beat them! Beat them! Juniors!”

It was finally the day of the school’s sports fest. The place shouted with vibrant colors competing with the crowd’s screams of joy and excitement. The student’s energy cannot be contained as they all dreamed for their batch to win the Jeju Trip. It was a battle of pride. It was a war for bragging rights.

Sungjong moved and swayed as he shouted with all the girls behind him. If they could give an award to the most energetic student of the day, it would be him. His club was in full support of his batch with all the banners and pompoms that they have prepared. It was a joy for Suzy to see as she clapped to the beat but Myungsoo rolled his eyes at the sight.

“Does he need to do that every year?” he whispered.

“You’re still not used to it?” Woohyun asked back with a chuckle. “Oh. Here comes his cart wheel.”

The crowd, including Suzy, cheered as Sungjong flipped numerous times in the air. Woohyun chuckled as he heard Myungsoo let out a scoff.

“Sungyeol didn’t choose anything again?” he asked Woohyun.

“He never participated anyways,” Woohyun answered and finished with a smile. “But I bet he’s just in the corner, watching and cheering for us.”

Their conversation was cut off quickly when the director had officially started the program. The students were dispersed as the games were simultaneously conducted. Woohyun and Myungsoo looked at each other with a smile. They were off for basketball.

 

 

“Hey,” Hye Sun greeted Sungyeol who was the first person at their bleachers.

“Hi,” Sungyeol smiled at her as she sat beside him.

“As usual, I wouldn’t see you play,” she nodded to herself with a chuckle. She then sighed as she added, “But that boy, it’s been two years since I last saw him play basketball.”

“He’s been scarred,” Sungyeol replied thoughtfully. “He’s been listed for the players every year but he never showed up.”

“And I wonder what made him play again,” Hye Sun said as she looked at the tiny figure of Myungsoo. “Has he found a new inspiration again?”

“I wonder too,” Sungyeol whispered back and when Hye Sun looked at him, she noticed that he was staring at another figure.

She turned to see Suzy with Sungjong making their way to the people who had already occupied the bleachers. Hye Sun smiled as she waved at them while Suzy momentarily stiffened upon seeing Hye Sun and Sungyeol together once more. She didn’t want to take her invite because it was like throwing herself into a trap but then she had been dragged by Sungjong towards the two.

“Come, sit with us,” Hye Sun tapped the empty space beside her. “I’m sure Sungyeol wouldn’t mind since he’s seated at the end.”

“Thank you. We’ll take the offer,” Sungjong said before practically throwing Suzy beside Hye Sun and sitting beside her. “You two need some closure too since you’re both our girlfriends.”

More like rivals, Suzy thought but then she shook her head and sighed deep.

“Marathon again?” Hye Sun asked Sungjong and the latter happily nodded. Hye Sun then chuckled as she said, “You’ll win for sure. It’s just a matter of beating your previous record.”

“But there’s the first years,” Sungjong replied. “We don’t know what they have in store. Oh! Suzy’s in marathon too.”

“Rea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter