AN. Epilogue.

Pink and Black
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 “They say that every experience in our life are like pens which we use to write our future. But I say that we actually have colors because in everything we do, we don’t just write our destinies but we also paint each other lives beautifully.”

Everybody listened as Kim Myungsoo delivered the valedictory address for their graduation.

“If I was color, I think it’d be black which suits not just my personality… but my preferences as well.”

People laughed as they all figured out that Myungsoo was pertaining to his clothes which was black from head to toe. He gave a small smile as well before proceeding with his speech, thanking the institution and everyone who had accompanied them in their high school journey.

“They say that we, the youth, are overly dramatic. We feel awfully entitled to everything. We’re reckless,” Myungsoo continued, “But I think they picked the wrong words. I say that we are brave – brave to recognize our emotions, brave to demand what we deserve and brave to take chances. To all those who mocked us, I say to them: In a world governed by fear, it is the brave who triumphs. It is our bravery which fuels us to live life to the fullest.”

The crowd cheered louder but Myungsoo was not through.

“After this graduation, we’d be dealing with a greater world but we must all remember not to lose our colors,” Myungsoo concluded, “When the world makes you compromise yourself to conform to other’s standards, remember that the greatest arts are not born from compliance.”

“Life’s going to be harsher but don’t let your colors fade,” Myungsoo reminded everyone including himself, “Be brave to paint this world anew because it deserves to be brighter.”

With a smile, he added, “And always, always remember to look back to all those who have made your life more colorful.”

The people before him stood up, giving him roaring cheers and numerous rounds of applause. Such reaction was repeated when Myungsoo took his diploma and received his medal.

Myungsoo then stared at the crowd before him and he easily spotted Sungjong who had dyed his hair in rainbow to make himself stand out. Myungsoo knew that he might not tell Sungjong about it but he would miss the latter once it leaves to study in the design school he was accepted at in London. Then, his gaze travelled to Woohyun and Soojung who were stealing glances from each other. He knew as well that the two are going to be stuck to each other longer as they got accepted in the same university.

As he went down the stage, he was greeted by Jongin and his father who congratulated him sincerely. Pictures were then taken to commemorate the graduation but when people started leaving, Myungsoo opted to stay at the chairs, requesting for the celebration to be postponed to dinner, wanting some time to be with himself.

As he sat alone in the auditorium, Myungsoo took out the bunny stuffed toy from his bag and pressed it.

“Congratulations, Myungsoo. I’m proud of you. And I love you.”

He smiled before pressing it once again.

“Congratulations, Myungsoo. I’m proud of you. And I love you.”

He sighed as he closed his eyes. It had been long since he had been with Suzy. The last time they were together was when he visited her at New York to share the news that he had been given a scholarship at the School of Visual Art in New York, after the headmaster had seen his portfolio which he sent to numerous photography schools in America.

But that moment was already three months ago. They constantly messaged and called each other to cover the distance, but Suzy hasn’t spoken to him that day yet and he felt upset because it was their graduation.

“Are you getting back at me for forgetting to accompany you in your

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter