First shade

Pink and Black
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 "Aish," she muttered a curse under her breath when she realized that she had forgotten to set her alarm clock.

She quickly got up and searched her things to check on her form, hoping that the time written just magically changed.

"Bae Suzy..." she read the form, "meeting at 8am."

She then looked at her clock and saw that it was already 7am.

"Why must they put time on this meeting too! It's just an orientation! It's not like it's my first day of school today!" she complained non-stop, talking to herself as she frowned.

"Complaining won't get you to school," she heard a voice said and she raised her head to see a middle-aged man in front of her.

"Then you should have waken me up," she whispered inaudible to the other person.

"Would this suffice?" he asked as he threw some money on Suzy's bed.

"Yes, uncle."

"Good. Don't forget to lock the door and leave the keys under the mat. I'm going."

"Arasseo." Suzy nodded.

With that, her uncle turned to leave her room and being the courteous girl that she should be in front of him, she walked him towards the door only to find that their unit looked like it was devastated by the storm. She bit her lip in order to keep herself from complaining in front of her uncle.

"Take care," she said forcing a smile and as usual, her uncle didn't reply even her smile as he walked away.

When she was sure that he was already far enough, she closed the door and screamed in frustration.

"Arrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" she screamed and panted. Their whole unit is a mess and she was running out of time to prepare for her school meeting.

She sighed and each of her hand found it's way to each of her cheek. She slapped herself lightly as she kept saying her mantra,

"Bae Suzy, you can do this. You can do this. You can do this. Fighting!"

In a lightning speed, she wore her overused sneakers and her whole body was ready to run. As soon she tied the last knot, she ran only to go back. She opened the door and took a glance at their apartment once again.

Clean the house. Check. Suzy smiled to herself.

Lock the door.

"And put the keys under the mat.." she whispered as she did it.

She smiled again but it faded as she said, "Now, run!"

It was fifteen minutes until eight and if she could catch the next bus, she would be in school on the right time.She ran as fast as she could as she went down the apartment and into the nearest bus stop. She glided over the swarm of people that she met on the way. Then she widened her eyes as she saw the bus arrived at the stop that was still a few blocks away from her.

"Oh! It's here!" she said and ran towards it, not noticing the bike that was coming towards her direction. The tires screeched as she and the bike met each other. The owner stumbled lightly causing the apples in the bike's basket to scatter on the ground.

"Hey miss! Be careful!" the guy in the bike scolded her. Suzy started picking them up and putting them back in the basket as she repeatedly apologized. The owner just nodded seeing her repentance and she walked away just to find that the bus is leaving.

"Wait!" she yelled and sprinted in order to catch the bus.

"I said, wait!" she shouted again but her body can't keep up to the running once more.

"Aish," she frowned once more as she panted looking at the bus which speeded away from her.

"Neh?"

"You're ten minutes late, Miss Bae."

Suzy tried to smile. "I know that and I am deeply sorry for that behavior of mine. However, what did you say about the director?"

"He's not here."

"That's not possible. I have a meeting with him about my scholarship."

"Yes, he had but that was ten minutes ago and he went already because you're late."

Suzy was getting annoyed as the registrar kept repeating that she's late but she sighed as she said,

"Then, when can I meet him?"

"After two hours."

Two freaking hours? she thought. "Can't I meet him tomorrow?"

"No, because as far as I know, your attendance in this school starts tomorrow. That's why the director set up your orientation early in the morning so that you could spend the rest of the day preparing but no, you're late. So now, you have to wait for two hours."

"Ahjumma," Suzy said with the intent to annoy the registrar in return of her obsession of calling her a late-comer, and seeing that the registrar frowned, she was satisfied.

She breathed, "I know that I am late but how am I supposed to survive the next two hours?"

The registrar smirked, "Not my problem."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter