Titles

Pink and Black
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Good morning!”

People couldn’t help but just throw confused glances over Myungsoo who kept greeting everyone whom he encountered on his way. It was too odd for most of them since the Kim Myungsoo doesn’t associate himself with anyone other than his group of friends and furthermore, it was too rare to see him in a state as good and as bright as this. To top it off, he even invited and treated the other three for breakfast.

Sungjong could only stare at Myungsoo who would smile from ear to ear from time to time and sheepishly scratch the back of his neck with a blush on his cheeks. Woohyun on the other hand, had a scowl on his face as he observed the boy’s obvious love sickness while Sungyeol just shook his head with a smile.

“Did you invite us for breakfast so that you could brag about your love life?” Sungyeol cocked an eyebrow.

Myungsoo then turned towards him and with slightly widened eyes, he asked, “Did you know?”

“Hmmm,” Sungyeol nodded proudly. “It’s hard to miss it out when I’m technically playing the role of the girl’s best friend.”

Myungsoo stared at Sungyeol as if trying to observe his reaction but Sungyeol just brightly smiled at him. When Myungsoo couldn’t find any trace of bitterness or pain in Sungyeol’s gestures, he then laughed back but the other two was as confused as ever.

“Wait. What? Sungyeol’s best friend?” Woohyun sat up. “Are we talking about my cousin here?”

“No way,” Sungjong shook his head. “I’m Suzy noona’s best friend. Sungyeol couldn’t possibly be talking about her.”

But when Sungjong looked at Sungyeol and saw that there was sincerity in the latter’s eyes, Sungjong pouted and did his signature puppy eyes as he added, “Just please tell me that it’s not Suzy noona.”

“Yah!” Myungsoo shouted and kicked Sungjong’s foot below the table; his usual self coming back in an instant. He glared at Sungjong as he blurted out, “W-What’s wrong with me dating Suzy?”

“You two are dating now?!” Woohyun almost yelled.

“Uhuh,” Myungsoo nodded as he put his feet on top of the chair beside him in a boastful manner. He then dreamily looked away as he narrated, “She confessed to me yesterday. She told me that she liked me just the way I am and I…. I think it’s just the happiest day of my life.”

“Okay. Stop. Too much information,” Woohyun raised his hand. He then rubbed his arms as he complained, “The lover version of you is really cringe-worthy.”

“Noona!” Sungjong whined.

“What’s the matter?”

Myungsoo almost jumped out of shock when Suzy suddenly appeared. He thought Sungjong was just whining but it turned out that he was actually calling onto Suzy. The lover- boy suddenly became tongue-tied as he saw the object of his affection once again. He didn’t know how to act now that they’re both aware of the mutual feelings they had for each other.

The girl on the other hand, was just acting nonchalantly as she stared at the food in front of the table as she asked, “Why didn’t anyone invite me for breakfast?”

“Why? Didn’t you eat yet?” Woohyun worriedly asked back.

“I needed to leave the house early so that I could study in the library,” Suzy grumbled. “I forgot to grab some food before I left.”

“Here. Eat this,” Sungyeol presented her his untouched food.

Myungsoo watched with furrowed eyebrows as Sungjong continuous whined and hugged Suzy tightly while Sungyeol and Woohyun were feeding her. He blinked his eyes numerous times before slapping his hand on the table hard, catching the attention of all the four. He then complained, “Yah. All of you, hands-off with my girlfriend!”

There was just silence as Sungjong quietly let go of Suzy while Woohyun fed on the bread he was about to give Suzy. The girl on the other hand just stared back at Myungsoo before asking, “Who’s this girlfriend you’re talking about?”

“You…” Myungsoo whispered with confusion written all over his face.

“Me?” Suzy pointed at herself before shaking her head. “I never agreed to be your girlfriend.”

“Yah! Bae Suzy!” Myungsoo screamed with wide-eyes.

Seeing his wrath, Suzy grabbed some bread on the table while mumbling, “Oops. I’ve got to go.”

The next thing Myungsoo knew, he was chasing Suzy again, demanding for an explanation while the three males left on the table broke out in roars of laughter.

 

 

Suzy was trying her best to concentrate on re-reading the stories they have discussed in their literature class but it was just too difficult to concentrate on the books when there was a male sitting right in front of her who did nothing but just stare as she read. She tried to raise her book in order to not notice the presence of the male but then, Myungsoo’s intense gaze seem to pass through the thickness of the books she was reading. Grumbling, she put down the book and decided to confront the male for once and for all.

“What is it, Kim Myungsoo?” she asked.

The male then instantly flashed a smile at her as he said, “Let’s go on a date after classes.”

“No,” she immediately answered.

Myungsoo’s face fell as he asked, “Why?!”

“Shhh! Would you keep your voice down? This is a library!” Suzy whispered.

“Yah,” Myungsoo uttered. “First, you deny being my girlfriend and now, you deny my date proposal too?”

“First, I didn’t really agree on being your girlfriend,” Suzy stated. Just when Myungsoo was about to interrupt her, she raised her finger and continued, “I confessed that I like you and I really do but I didn’t say anything about being your girlfriend and don’t even think of saying that I’m neglecting you – “

“But you are,” Myungsoo cut her off.

Suzy rolled her eyes and answered, “Because there’s this thing called ‘priorities’ and right now, they’re equivalent to ‘studying for exams’ okay?”

“But I could help you study,” Myungsoo retorted.

“No. You can’t because if we’re together, we’d just end up not studying and just reliving my confession yesterday!” Suzy replied and as Myungsoo pursed his lips into a thin line, she knew that the male finally understood that there were still other things they needed to resolve before settling the issue of ‘titles’ and ‘dates’.

Suzy sighed and her gaze softened into plead as she said in a soft voice, “Myungsoo, I’m really sorry but for now, could you please let me study? I promise after this, I’d try to make you become the centre of my life okay?”

Myungsoo smiled. His deep dimple was now evident as the girl’s words reflected despair and sweetness at the same time. He then held out his pinky as he said, “As long as you promise me that we’d go on a date after all the exams.”

Suzy rolled her eyes at first but smiled back as they interlinked their pinkies together and she replied, “Fine. I promise.”

 

 

When exams have ended, Myungsoo looked forward to his date with Suzy too much that even if he spent an unusual two hours of deciding what to wear and how to style his hair, he still ended up being early in Suzy’s apartment. The girl had suggested for the two of them to just meet at the park but Myungsoo insisted to fetch her. However, what he thought as simply waiting outside her gate turned into an awkward situation with her uncle. Apparently, the latter invited him to just wait inside the apartment and Myungsoo couldn’t just reject the offer. Yong Joon told him to feel at home but Myungsoo couldn’t feel comfortable at all.

Yong Joon was holding a newspaper but his eye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter