Unexplainable

Pink and Black
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suzy was always behind the curtains when she watches his performance. Now, he was playing his self-composed song and as soon as he finished the piece, people stood up clapping for him. She saw that there were flashes of light, and him, bowing to all the people, with a huge smile on his face.

She tagged along with him like a dog and she watched in awe as many congratulated him for a wonderful performance.  Finally, they arrived at his dressing room and Suzy gathered all the courage to ask him,

“What does it feel like? Standing in front of all those people and performing?”

“Sad,” her uncle coldly replied as he packed his violin back into its case. He then looked at the girl and said, “Because your father should have been here, if not for you.”

Suzy opened her eyes and realized that she was in an empty auditorium. She bit her lower lip at the memory, and shaking her head, she placed the violin back where she saw it. But then, she heard a clap which made her jump in surprise. She turned and found a woman in a white dress.

“Why did you stop mid-way? You were excellently playing Bae Yong Joon’s piece,” the woman said with a warm smile.

“A-Ah, b-because the violin’s not mine. M-Maybe the owner is already looking for it.” Suzy stuttered.

“I’m the owner of the violin,” the woman replied as she walked towards Suzy.

“Really?!” Suzy gasped and bowed, “I’m sorry.”

The woman smiled at Suzy and Suzy could only stare at her in awe. She was beyond gorgeous and beautiful. Her radiant skin made her seem like she was glowing.

“Ms. Ku,” a staff called. “Your driver is here.”

“Hmm,” the woman nodded. “I’m coming.”

She then turned to Suzy and smiled. While packing her violin, she said, “I hope and I want to believe that we will meet again someday. By that time, you’ll play me a whole song, hmmm?”

Unconsciously, Suzy nodded. The woman then smiled again and bid her goodbye. Suzy watched as she disappeared behind the curtains while carrying the violin case. Suzy smiled at the encounter with the stranger but when she turned around, she found Myungsoo in front of the stage.

Suzy smirked and sat on the side of the stage, with her feet dangling. She was now, literally, looking down at Myungsoo who stand in front of her, hands on his pocket.

"Do you know her?" Myungsoo asked and motioned the side of the stage.

Suzy then realized that Myungsoo was talking about the woman. She then shook her head, no.

"That's Ku Hye Sun," Myungsoo answered. "She's an alumni of our school. She just graduated last year and had an offer in Juiliard. Since she was a kid, she's already renowned in the music world, partly because of her parents, but greatly because of her talent. This is already her third solo show."

"Uwaaa," Suzy sighed in glee. "Amazing."

Myungsoo nodded. "She truly is."

"But it's surprising that you know a lot about her," Suzy said. "Perhaps, you like her?"

Myungsoo let out a chuckle. "She's a friend."

"Then why didn't you say hi?" Suzy asked with wide eyes.

Myungsoo shrugged and replied, "There's a great chance that we'll meet again so I found no reason to do so."

"But still," Suzy mumbled. "You should not let chances slip by."

There were a few seconds of silence before Myungsoo spoke again.

“I’m sorry,” Myungsoo said.

Suzy widened her eyes and blinked numerous times.

“Did I just hear you say sorry? Are you sure you’re not sick anymore?” Suzy asked.

“Tsss,” Myungsoo let out a scoff. “Do you want me to take it back then?”

“But I don’t understand. What are you sorry for?” Suzy asked again.

“It’s my fault that you were not able to watch the show.”

“Ani,” Suzy replied. “You didn’t force me to do anything today. It was entirely my choice. Besides, if there is someone to blame, that was me for carelessly sleeping and forgetting the time.”

But that’s because you were already tired taking care of me, Myungsoo thought and huffed.

“I’ll just apologize to him tomorrow,” Suzy whispered wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter