Shoes and Love

Pink and Black
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’m taking pictures,” Myungsoo said with a smirk as he took another step closer to Suzy.

“Thank you for stating the obvious,” she nodded mockingly.

“But it’s the truth,” he answered with a chuckle before showing his temporary ID which says ‘press’.

“Press, press,” Suzy reached and pressed the area where his ID dangled. Myungsoo tapped away her hand as he clicked his tongue and gave her a threatening look making both of them laugh at her childishness.

Suzy widened her eyes and asked, “Will you get much from covering this event?”

“I’m doing it for free,” he replied with a hint of boast in his voice.

She let out a scoff in reply as she added, “I thought charity was not in your dictionary.”

He rolled his eyes in reply and swiftly changed the subject by asking, “How about you? What are you doing here?”

“Well, I was invited,” Suzy said proudly.

“No,” Myungsoo shook his head and finally took a seat beside hers. “What are you doing here, outside?”

“Ahhh,” the cheerfulness in Suzy’s voice faded as her gaze travelled back to the couples behind the gigantic window and she answered with a small smile, “I was… getting a breath of fresh air.”

Myungsoo followed her gaze and realized the she had locked eyes with Sungyeol. He could not deny that he was threatened by the connection they formed. He smiled bitterly as he lowered his gaze, trying to distract himself from staring at them.

“It must be painful,” he commented.

“It is,” she answered and her eyes met his. They stared at each other knowingly before Suzy broke out in laughter and added, “You must be talking about my bruised foot, right?”

“Hmmmm,” he nodded with a smile.

“The shoes were a little smaller than my size,” she mumbled as they both looked at her feet.

“Because your feet are abnormally humongous,” he teased getting a slap on his shoulder from her.

They chuckled for a moment before both of them basked in silence and they let themselves be splashed with the night’s breeze. Their hands which both rested on the bench were only inches apart and the ambiance just made Myungsoo’s heart beat a thousand times faster. But then, he knew that the girl had no clue of her effect on him and it was confirmed by her loud sigh. Her gaze travelled back to the window, searching for a figure, while his stare was locked into her face that beautifully glowed with the right amount of rosy tint. He would admit that she was gorgeous under the lights and the moon that illuminated her. She was so perfect beside him, yet he knew that her heart yearned to be in another place.

“Why are you trying to endure the pain of forcing yourself into something that’s not meant for you?” Myungsoo asked seriously making Suzy turn into his direction again.

She smiled as she replied, “If I keep on trying, wouldn’t the shoes adjust? I just have to endure and wait because I know that someday, it would be the perfect fit.”

“But what if,” Myungsoo retorted. “What if there was a pair that was perfectly made for you and it was only waiting to be chosen?”

“Then,” Suzy answered with a brighter smile. “I must find it soon.”

“And what if it was already right in front of your eyes?”

When Suzy realized that there was no hint of teasing or mocking in his voice, her smile slowly faded. When she saw that his eyes only showed seriousness and sincerity, she was engulfed in silence. She had feared that their conversation had already turned so serious to the point that she would not be able to answer another question that Myungsoo might ask.

 

 

“Look at you. You only have the courage to look at her when she’s already afar.”

Sungyeol rolled his eyes at Hye Sun who was smiling teasingly at him. His eyes then travelled back to the window which showed the girl he was dancing with earlier but was now beside his best friend.

“Do you know how disappointing it is when you look at another girl than the one you’re dancing with?” Hye Sun whispered in his ears.

“Sorry,” he apologized as he met her eyes which were smiling mischievously.

“This is why Suzy walked out of your arms a while ago.”

“Neh?”

“Because you were staring at me back then,” Hye Sun replied.

“You were flirting with someone. I was just-“

“You were just trying to distract yourself from claiming something that is too close but not yours,” Hye Sun cut his sentence mid-way and when Sungyeol could say and do nothing but blush in embarrassment, she chuckled before adding, “You’re such a terrible liar, Sungyeol.”

“And you’re annoying,” he quickly replied.

“You should thank me for slapping the truths you refuse to admit to yourself,” Hye Sun mumbled.

“Thank you,” he flatly said.

“You’re welcome,” Hye Sun smiled brightly. “But seriously, Yeol. Stop pushing away the person you like.”

“I-I’m not pushing you away.”

“And stop using me as an excuse,” she scolded him.

“But I do like you,” he tried to reason out.

“Well, yes,” she nodded but her face turned serious as she answered, “But it’s not in the same way anymore.”

Sungyeol gulped as silence engulfed him. But when he gathered enough courage, he asked again, “What are you talking about?”

“I know that you’re convincing yourself that you’re still in love with me,” Hye Sun whispered. “And you wouldn’t do that in the first place if you’re still sure about your feelings.”

They were still swaying with the music but the moment Hye Sun said those words, their movements stopped and Sungyeol did nothing but stare at her. He blinked his eyes numerous times and he swallowed hard before saying, “You’re just saying that to push me away- to make me move on from you.”

“But you already had moved on,” she replied with a smile. “Before, all your attention was focused on me. You make your world revolve in me and only me but that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter