Answers

Pink and Black
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yah! Why do you still have this cupcake?” Woohyun asked as he opened the fridge.

“Yaah! Put that down!” Myungsoo yelled throwing an empty beer can at Woohyun.

“Hasn’t it been three days since we made that?” Sungjong squinted.

“W-Who cares?!” Myungsoo stuttered, trying to hide how he blushed in embarrassment.

“You can only keep a cupcake in the fridge for one week,” Sungjong scolded him. “After that, you wouldn’t be able to eat it. It’s no good.”

“I don’t think that Myungsoo’s planning to eat it,” Woohyun chuckled. “It’s from Suzy, after all.”

Myungsoo bit his lower lip, trying to contain his blush. There was no way that he could deny how Woohyun hit right on-the-spot.

 “But it’s delicious,” Sungjong argued. “You wouldn’t be able to taste how good noona baked if you won’t eat it.”

“Suzy gave that so that you would have a taste of it, not for a display in your fridge,” Woohyun added as he plopped himself beside Myungsoo on the sofa.

“She already gave that to me, so the fate of that cupcake is already mine,” Myungsoo argued.

“Yah. Sungyeol-a,” Woohyun called the male who remained quiet. “What do you say?”

Sungyeol finally tore his gaze from his laptop and looks at Myungsoo as he said, “If you’re not planning to eat it, then can I eat it for you?”

“Not you too,” Myungsoo rolled his eyes. “If you three are not going to leave that cupcake alone, I’ll kick you all out of my house.”

“Eii,” Woohyun cooed. “It’s been long since our last overnight. Let’s just enjoy this shall we?”

“How about we play Dance Revolution?” Sungjong’s eyes lit up in glee.

“I would rather not exhaust myself too much,” Sungyeol put away his laptop and joined them in drinking. “The audition is tomorrow.”

“It’s not like you’re the one who’s going to audition,” Woohyun argued.

“I’m still an organizer,” Sungyeol retorted before sipping from his can.

“Kill joy,” Sungjong mumbled beneath his breath and Sungyeol just chuckled at him in reply.

“Do you…” Myungsoo broke the silence. His voice was sincerely filled with worry as he asked, “Do you think Suzy could make it? Do you think she could pass the auditions?”

 

 

“You can open them now.”

Suzy opened her eyes and they instantly lit up in glee as she saw a small violin resting on her bed with a pink ribbon tied on it. She glanced at her parents and both of them smiled at her.

“Happy sixth birthday, Suzy,” her parents then kissed her on both of her cheeks.

The little girl excitedly ran towards the musical instrument and her face was in awe as her fingers grazed at the wood then the strings. But then, confusion was written in her face as she started searching for something.

“Why?” her father asked her, faking confusion as he hid his smile.

“The stick is missing appa,” she said with a cute pout.

“It’s not stick, Suzy. It’s a violin bow,” her father chuckled.

“Where is the v-violin b-bow?” Suzy struggled to say the foreign word.

“Behind you.”

Suzy looked behind but found nothing. However, when she turned back to her father, he was already holding what she was looking for.

“Uwaaa~ appa is a magician?” she chuckled.

“I am. I create magic through music; but now it’s your turn,” he said and asked for her hands. He gently placed the violin bow on the little’s girls palms as he continued, “This violin bow is your magic wand. Wave it, and you’ll find yourself in a whole new world.”

 

 

Suzy fidgeted on her spot as she held the violin case close to her. She was in a room together with the other applicants and none seemed to bother to strike a conversation as all of them were being eaten by nervousness. As one by one, the people around her were disappearing, Suzy’s anxiety increased further. She chewed on her bottom lip and glanced at the messages she received.

Woohyun wrote, “Good luck Baebae. Don’t worry. You can do it because you’re Suzy Bae.”

“Noona, fighting!!!” Sungjong messaged her with a lot of emoticons.

Her phone then vibrated again and Myungsoo’s name flashed on the screen.

“Don’t screw that up,” she read. She rolled her eyes before muttering, “Airhead.”

But then her phone vibrated again and it said, “Kidding. Good luck, chicken brain. I’ll be waiting for you.”

Unknowingly, a small smile grazed her lips.

“Number 13?” she heard the announcer say.

“Here!” she replied and stood up.

“It’s your turn now,” the male smiled at her.

“Neh,” she nodded and quickly put her phone in her small sling bag. She checked herself in the full mirror and saw how her black and white dress flowed perfectly above her knees and her curled hair also fell gorgeously on her shoulders. The pink sandals were the centre of the overall get up and her light make-up was enough to accentuate her beauty. She had to thank Sungyeol yet again for doing a marvellous job of prepping her up.

She then took a deep breath before she told herself, “Bae Suzy, you can do this. You can do this.”

She prepared herself as she turned the knob and stepped forward to the room. The strict faces had welcomed her sight and she gulped as nervousness was beginning to fill her again. But then, she took calm steps towards the centre and she kept her posture right as she remembered Sungyeol saying,

“Remember that you have to look confident. First impression lasts.”

She flashed them a smile before bowing and introducing, “My name is Bae Suzy, and the piece that I would play is Bach’s Partita Violin No. 2 in D Minor.”

“Go on,” one of the panel judges urged her.

She bowed again before raising the violin towards her shoulder. She stared at the violin bow as it landed lightly on the strings.

“The violin bow is my magic wand,” she whispered to herself.

She then closed her eyes as her hands started moving on their own.

 

 

She searched for a familiar face in the crowd and as she found one, she immediately made her way towards him, desperate to have someone beside her at this time. As soon as she was in front of the male, she started jumping as the overflowing joy overpowered the pain of wearing high heels.

“I passed! I pas

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter