Last Hope

Pink and Black
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You’re kidding, right?” Myungsoo faked a laugh. He tightened his hold on her hand and his facial expressions quickly shifted to that of plead as he said, “Please tell me that it’s just a joke.”

Suzy smiled but her eyes showed the exact emotion that Myungsoo had and she answered, “I’m afraid that it’s the truth, Myungsoo. We’re going – “.

“No!” Myungsoo exclaimed loudly making her jump a little. He shook his head hardly as he repeated, “You’re not going away. You’re not going to leave us just like that.”

“Myungsoo, I have to make it up to my uncle,” Suzy tried to reason out but every piece of her wanted to agree with him.

“There are tons and lots of other ways to make it up to him! You don’t have to go!” Myungsoo argued and before he knew it, he was already twisting her arm. However, as he saw that pain registered in her face, his features softened as well as his hold of her. He sighed before whispering, “I’m sorry. It’s just that…. I don’t want you to go, Suzy. Everything would no longer be the same if you’re not here.”

He bit his lower lip before scoffing and adding, “I know that I should have been used to being left by the people I love, but I don’t know if I’d be able to handle it if I lose you.”

Somehow, Suzy felt guilty that she would be adding more to Myungsoo’s pain. But then, Myungsoo spoke again, “It’s okay. It’s okay if you don’t love me back. Just… just stay. Stay by my side. Stay with us.”

“I…” the words seemed to be stuck in Suzy’s throat. But then with a weak voice, she blurted out, “I… I can’t.”

“Do you want to go?” Myungsoo asked, staring straight onto her eyes.

Suzy bit her lip and she could feel that the tears in her eyes were already threatening to fall. She gazed down as she shook her head softly. She ultimately failed in fighting her tears and they started falling on the floor as she sobbed, “No. Who would want to go if you’re all here? I don’t want to go… not now, not ever.”

She kept her head hung low as she attempted to hide her tears by cascading her hair down her face. But then, Myungsoo cupped her face and lifted it so that he could see the sincerity in her eyes. His thumbs gently brushed the tears on her wet face before he dried the remaining tears on her lids. He stared at her lovingly with her sadness reflected in his own orbs as he whispered, “Then, don’t go. Let’s find a way so that you could stay.”

“I tried,” she still cried. “I tried hard to convince my uncle but after what happened, I could not seem to please him with any words or promises. I tried, Myungsoo… but then, the flight’s already scheduled two days from now. It’s all set.”

With those words, Myungsoo’s world was supposed to crumble apart. However, even if Suzy had guaranteed that her uncle’s mind was no longer convincible, there was still an ounce of hope inside him that maybe and hopefully, her fate would still change.

 

 

Among all, Bae Yong Joon was least expecting Lee Sungjong’s mother, Lee Young Ae, standing in front of his door with her arms folded right over her chest.

“Sunbae,” he mumbled, flabbergasted. “I was not expecting a visit from you – “

“Well, surprise!” the woman grinned at him before pushing him aside and entering his house, not waiting to be invited over. Yong Joon could only sigh because since high school, Young Ae dominates their group and no one would dare to go against her.

She was the mother of the “two by two” group for she was the one who would always take care of them and gave them advices. She was the mediator between fights and also became the cupid of the couple. She was like a sibling that both twins never had. Even though Jihyun and Yong Joon were not in good terms ever since their siblings’ death, both maintained contact with Young Ae. Moreover, Jihyun and Young Ae officially became related when they married the Nam cousins and gave birth to Woohyun and Sungjong. When Suzy’s parents were still alive, the kids used to play at her backyard but then, everything changed when Yong Joon took the girl. Thus, she was one of the happiest people when she learned that Yong Joon decided to settle in Korea again with Suzy and also the most affected about the recent news she heard about the two.

“Well, I think I should give a friend one last visit especially when he’s planning to go abroad without telling anyone, don’t you think so?” she asked before sitting comfortably on his sofa.

Yong Joon sighed loudly before cupping his face and saying, “I guess your son has overheard and told you already, huh.”

“He knew just now, gave me a phone call and here I am,” she opened her arms as if presenting herself. But then her expressions quickly turned serious as she leaned forward and asked, “So what’s up?”

“We’re going abroad. Suzy’s going to study there.”

“Uhhhh. I already knew that. I need the reason why,” she demanded.

He wanted to lie but he knew too that Young Ae would just see right through it so he truthfully stated, “I found out that Jihyun was the one sponsoring her studies in school and she also lied to me about joining the Music Club.”

There was silence as Young Ae just stared down on the floor, pondering on his words, while Yong Joon stared at her waiting for her reply. Suddenly, she met his gaze and said, “I don’t see anything wrong with that.”

“Are you saying that there’s nothing wrong with lying?!” Yong Joon exclaimed, rather loudly.

Young Ae ended up throwing a pillow at him as she yelled back, “Yah! Don’t raise your voice at me. I’m older than you! Remember that I’m your sunbae!”

“Urgh,” Yong Joon grumbled. “Fine.”

Young Ae breathed before continuing, “Anyways, as I was saying, I don’t see anything wrong with Jihyun helping her own niece or Suzy joining the music club. Besides, I guess, she lied to you about it because you would surely forbid her to.”

“I have reasons for forbidding her,” he spat. “You know that.”

“Yong Joon, it’s been like what? Nine years? You should already learn to forgive,” she said, whispering the last part.

“Well, it’s not that easy to forgive when their sins had practically cost me my brother’s life,” he scoffed.

“Don’t be too insensitive,” Young Ae replied. “They lost Jiwoo too.”

“They’ve disowned their own blood from the very beginning,” Yong Joon retorted. “How could I trust them with my niece?”

“I could feel your concern,” Young Ae mumbled as she reached for his hand and squeezed it gently, making the male face her once more. Young Ae gave him a soft smile before asking, “Do you remember that you told me when you rejected Jihyun’s offer to take cust

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter