The bet

Pink and Black
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As  Bae Yong Joon gave the five of them of his approval of the bet, they have all gathered to Myungsoo’s apartment to plan for the event tomorrow. They were all sitting in the dining room as they discussed the details.

“I could help in the decorations of the venue… anything aesthetical, my club and I would be willing to help,” Sungjong volunteered.

“I think I could still call on some of the heads of the clubs to invite their members to come to the event,” Woohyun suggested. “The more the guests that come, the better, right?”

“Okay,” Sungyeol nodded as he took down notes. “I’d inform the Music Club in order to accommodate you.”

“What could I do without any club?” Myungsoo mumbled to himself. He then clapped his hand, causing everyone’s attention to turn on him as he said, “I’d tell everyone to clap and stand up after Suzy’s performance then we’re all done, right?”

But instead of gaining an approval, Myungsoo’s arm was slapped by Suzy. He groaned, rubbing his arm as he asked, “What? Isn’t an outstanding ovation the goal, here?”

“Of course, it is!” Suzy replied. “But I would want to achieve it using my own talent.”

She then sighed before continuing, “I’m really grateful for all your help… but as much as possible, I’d want to show to my talent too and win this bet without any cheats.”

The four exchanged glances and then slowly nodded but then, Sungyeol said, “We’ll let you be on your performance but could we at least help on the other stuff?”

“Hmmm,” Suzy just nodded but she added, “But there’s something I’d want to change on my performance too.”

Sungyeol tore his gaze from his notes and stared at Suzy as he asked, “What is it?”

“I’d change the piece that I’d play tomorrow,” Suzy stated again with seriousness in her eyes.

“What?” they all said in unison.

“But your audition piece is the one that you’ve already mastered,” Sungyeol argued.

“I…” Suzy breathed heavily before continuing. The determination and sincerity in her eyes were burning as she said, “I want to play something that’s close to my heart.”

When the four just stared back at her, she told them, “Trust me on this one.”

The day then continued with the five of them as busy as ever. Woohyun, Sungjong and Sungyeol had to go back to school in order to help in the preparations left and in order to polish everything for the event. Myungsoo, on the other hand, sought the help of other students in order to distribute last minute invitations on the school’s grounds while Suzy took her remaining time to practice. When night came, they all agreed to eat pizza in Myungsoo’s apartment and to also sleep together.

“I have some spare futon that we could use,” Myungsoo informed them.

“Then, the four of us could sleep on the ground while Suzy sleeps on the bed,” Sungyeol suggested.

“But the bed is big enough for two people,” Sungjong pouted. He then linked his arm with Suzy and said, “I’d just sleep with noona.”

“No way,” the other three said in unison making Sungjong whine and Suzy chuckle.

“I could sleep with you all on the ground,” Suzy suggested.

But what she got from the four was a resounding, “No.”

“Fine. Then let’s just all get ready to bed.”

With that being said, the boys prepared their makeshift bed while the five of them took turns to change their clothes on the bathroom. However, when they brushed their teeth in preparation for sleeping, they all crowded the bathroom.

“Move a little more,” Woohyun instructed Sungjong making Sungjong bump onto Myungsoo.

“Yah! If you’re not going to give me the space I need, I’d kick you out!” Myungsoo scolded them with bubbles on his mouth.

But instead of being threatened, Woohyun, Sungjong and Sungyeol just teasingly smiled at Myungsoo before crowding him more. Myungsoo groaned in complain but as Suzy began laughing at their situation, he chuckled too along with the others. But then it turned out that it was not only on the bathroom that the four would pester each other because Suzy noticed how their sleeping positions that night also seemed uncomfortable. Sungjong was hugging Woohyun while the latter made Sungyeol’s arm his pillow. Sungyeol on the other hand had his feet sprawled on the first two. As the three dominated the space, Myungsoo had to crouched and bend himself in order to fit.

A chuckle escaped Suzy’s lips as from her bed, she stared at the four on the floor and she was getting into a trance as she thought of how important these boys were to her life. They were her princes and her knights-in-shining-armour.

“Can’t sleep?” a voice halted the daze she was in. She then noticed that instead of sleeping, Myungsoo’s eyes were wide open and looking at her.

“Oh,” she just gasped.

“Are you nervous for tomorrow?” Myungsoo asked in a whisper, careful not to wake up the other three.

Suzy then changed her position so that her stomach touched the bed as she lied down. She then supported her chin by her arms as she stared back at Myungsoo. The male then played with some of her hair that he could now reach.

“I’m thinking,” Suzy finally replied in a whisper.

“Thinking of what?”

“The future,” Suzy smiled a little. “I’m thinking if the five of us could still stay close to each other even after more years.”

“Of course, we’d be,” Myungsoo assured her with a smile of his own.

“But what if we lose the bet?” Suzy asked again.

Myungsoo was starting to close his eyes again as he answered, “Then we’d just close down every airport in the country so that you could never leave.”

“Yah,” Suzy complained with a light chuckle.

Myungsoo then fluttered his eyes open once more and smiled at her as he whispered, “Don’t worry. Of course you can do it. You’re Bae Suzy.”

Suzy then smiled and lied down on her bed properly but just when Myungsoo thought that she was already asleep, she offered her hand without saying anything. As Myungsoo clasped her hand, Suzy tangled their fingers together before both of them drifted to a deep slumber.

 

 

Suzy was wearing a black dress which had a halter top and a high-waist gore skirt that extended up to her knees with a pink ribbon wrapped around her waist topped with a pink bow. Sungjong matched it with some bright pink shoes as an accent to her overall attire. Suzy’s hair was styled into large curls while her face was applied with some light make up. She looked beyond stunning and it should have helped her build some confidence but every time she would glance at the audience, she could feel herself being eaten by nervousness.

Sungjong kept up to his own standards as the whole place was decorated beyond the expectations of all the guests. Woohyun and Myungsoo also fulfilled their promises as the whole area was packed with people. Suzy knew that as a performer, she should get used to big stages like this, but she couldn’t help it since it would be her first time to perform in front of an audience as large as this. Moreover, her fate relied on her performance.

“Are you okay?”

Suzy turned around to find Sungyeol. She stared right onto his eyes as she slowly shook her head and said, “I’m really nervous right now.”

“Hey,” Sungyeol rubbed her shoulders in a comforting manner. He gave her an assuring smile as he replied, “Breathe first and relax.”

Suzy closed her eyes as she slowly inhaled and exhaled, helping her to calm down. When she fluttered her eyes open, it was still Sungyeol’s smile that welcomed her.

He then told her, “If you ever need strength, you would easily spot Sungjong at the audience since he’s holding a big banner for you alo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter