One Step Closer

Pink and Black
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suzy yawned as she flipped the last page of the book she was reading. She had finished another book and the stories are getting less interesting as the plots became more common. She raised her head and found Sungyeol reading a magazine. A smile formed on her lips as she put the book aside and looked outside the window.

"How was it?" Sungyeol asked, not raising his eyes to meet hers.

"Cliche," Suzy simply answered. "Love stories are always simple. Girl falls in love with guy and guy falls in love with girl. They put some mess in the middle but in the end, the two always end up together."

Sungyeol hummed and nodded.

Silence then occupied the air but Suzy learned that Sungyeol loves silence, and like him, she was beginning to like it too. There was something warm and comforting with the presence of silence, the smell of books, and the faint sound of birds chirping, wind rustling and branches swaying. 

"Don't you have clubs?" Sungyeol asked as he laid the magazine on the table, catching Suzy's attention.

"I don't have one," Suzy said and looked back to stare at his face that became a wonderful sighfor her as time went by.

"No plans?"

"I do, but I don't know what to choose yet," Suzy said and shrugged her shoulders.

Sungyeol hummed again and nodded. Suzy stared at him in confusion but the former just  got a post-it and wrote on it. Suzy attempted to peek but Sungyeol covered it with his other hand. He then smiled as he got a familiar book. A book that had stayed in Sungyeol's side of the table, for days. When she asked him why he kept reading it all over again, he answered,

"You'll never get tired of the one you love."

But then he closed the book and smiled before counting,

"3.. 2... 1."

And the sound of the bell rung through the library. Sungyeol then passed her the book before walking away. When he passed it to Suzy, she can't deny that she imagined that it was like passing love, but in a different manner. With furrowed eyebrows, Suzy opened the book and found a post-it on the first page.

"Try something different," she read.

She then flipped the book to scan on the content but found another interesting note stuck between the pages.

"Music club?" she asked herself as she unfolded the flyer.

 

 

"Yah! Where have you been all day?! It's your turn to do the lab report today!" was Suzy's welcome greeting as soon as Myungsoo dropped his bag on the table. Myungsoo said nothing but harshly pulled his chair before sitting on it.

"Yah," Suzy was about to start again but Myungsoo spoke.

"If you think that's a big problem, then why don't you do it?"

"No thanks, it's your turn today. You can't always ask people to do things for you and I'm not one of your slaves!"

Myungsoo rolled his eyes and let out a scoff as he sternly said, "Don't you have anything to do but nag?!"

Sungjong and Woohyun were exchanging looks as they shifted their gaze from Myungsoo to Suzy and vice-versa.

"I have many things to do since my lab partner won't do his share of work!" Suzy yelled.

"Then stop nagging and start working!" Myungsoo screamed back.

"HEY-" Suzy was about to retort but Sungjong had already stuffed a bread onto , making her turn to him in confusion.

"Noona, please eat~" Sungjong said and winked at her with meaning.

"Is there anything wrong?" Woohyun asked Myungsoo worriedly.

Myungsoo sighed and leaned on his chair, scratching the back of his neck before saying, "I lost my model."

"Neh?!" Sungjong said and his mouth fell slightly. "What happened?"

"I fired her," Myungsoo simply answered.

"Wae?!" Sungjong said again, his voice slightly higher.

Suzy removed the bread in and said, "I don't see the connection with our lab-"

However, then again, Sungjong stuffed the bread back in .

"Same old story. The girl started flirting with me," Myungsoo said and then finally raised his head to look at Sungjong. "Yah. Can't you just give me a model again?"

"No way," Sungjong said and crossed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter