Revealed

Pink and Black
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hye Sun sighed in frustration as she looked at Sungyeol who was absent-mindedly staring at afar. He kept on staying beside her but it was obvious that his mind and heart was somewhere else. It had already been a few days since Sungyeol was back to his robotic self, and Hye Sun clearly knew that it would only be because there was something he was trying to hide.

“Come on, talk.”

“Huh?” Sungyeol finally broke in his trance as he spared a glance at Hye Sun who eyed him questioningly.

“There’s something going in that mind of yours that you’re trying to keep into yourself,” Hye Sun said. “And by the way you’re staying with me tells me that there’s something or someone that you’re trying to avoid.”

Sungyeol looked straight again as they have resumed walking along the corridors. Hye Sun then blocked his way, her stare demanding for an explanation.

“Is this about Suzy?” she asked as she tilted her head but Sungyeol just stared back at her.

“I thought so,” she nodded to herself. She smiled as a thought came to her and she interrogated, “I’m betting that you two had already talked about the kiss she gave you. What did she say? Did she confess?”

Sungyeol broke the eye contact as he shook his head and replied, “I cut her off before she had the chance to say something. I told her that I knew it was a friendly kiss.”

“It was not!” Hye Sun retorted.

“It is,” Sungyeol argued back as he gave her a threatening stare. “That’s what I want to believe.”

Hye Sun let out a scoff as she blinked numerous times in disbelief. Sungyeol then started walking again and once more, Hye Sun blocked his way as she looked at him straight in the eyes as she asked, “What is wrong with you?”

Her voice turned softer as she added, “I thought you like her.”

Sungyeol avoided meeting her gaze again as he sighed but Hye Sun wasn’t finished as she continued, “You know that I’m leaving soon, right?”

He nodded and Hye Sun sighed in frustration again as she said, “How can I leave when you’re being like this? You’re still like a lost child-”

“Myungsoo likes her,” Sungyeol cut her off as he met her stare. “The night I finally realized my feelings, he told me that he likes her.”

Silence engulfed both of them before Hye Sun broke it by asking, “So?”

“That time in the library when she was telling me about the kiss, I saw him staring at us from afar,” Sungyeol answered quickly. “And every single time I see the both of them together, I find that sparkle in his eyes that I haven’t seen for so long.”

Hye Sun’s gaze softened as she realized that what’s blocking Sungyeol from falling in love with Suzy was his love for Myungsoo.

“It’s the first time I’m seeing him so happy again… since… since his break-up,” Sungyeol whispered.

Hye Sun sighed as she held both his shoulders she said, “Do you think I would be insisting if I haven’t seen that same sparkle in your eyes?”

When she was greeted by silence, she lifted his chin and asked, “Are you not the happiest when you’re with her?”

“I am the happiest and the saddest at the same time,” he replied. “I wanted to fall but I’m afraid because I know that one of the relationships I treasured so much would be lost if I allow myself to fall deeper.”

Sungyeol bit his lower lip as his eyes glistened with sadness; he pitied their situation. He knew that in either way, he’s going to get his heart broken- either directly or because of being the reason for other’s misery.

Hye Sun sighed as she embraced him while whispering to his ears, “Happiness is a choice, Yeol.”

But their hug was broken when both of them noticed how one of the lockers opened slightly.

 

 

The hand that Suzy was using to hold the locker closed lost its strength, and she lost her grip because of the intensity of the kiss that Myungsoo was giving her. Her legs wobbled but Myungsoo’s hand on her waist was keeping her still. She almost forgot the entire situation she was in because all she could feel was Myungsoo’s lips on hers. However, both of them broke away when they heard the creaking sound the locker made and felt that the light from outside already shone on them.

Myungsoo opened his eyes and looked at Suzy whose cheeks were flushed but Suzy’s gaze was not on him. He turned to the direction where Suzy was looking, and he too, widened his eyes upon seeing that the ones who have discovered them kissing in the locker were Hye Sun and Sungyeol.

Hye Sun was also wide-eyed as she covered with both of her hands, flabbergasted of what welcomed their sight. Sungyeol’s jaw stiffened as his eyes travelled to and fro Myungsoo and Suzy. The four could swear that it was the most awkward situation they have experienced.

“T-That escalated quickly,” Hye Sun mumbled in order to break the silence that lurked.

Myungsoo then made space between him Suzy, realizing that his hands were still on her waist and on her side. He then turned again to the two and tried to explain, “It’s not what you think--- Su!”

Suzy ran away as fast as she could and Myungsoo cursed himself from putting her into such a tough situation. He sighed as he stepped out of the locker and he said to the other two, “Don’t judge her. I’m taking all the blame.”

He turned to leave and chase after Suzy but Sungyeol grabbed his wrist. Myungsoo looked at the hand that grabbed him and back at Sungyeol who was staring at him with eyes he could not decipher the emotion was. Hye Sun gulped as she looked at both of them as she could feel the tension between the two. But without words spoken, Sungyeol slowly loosened his grip and Myungsoo did not waste the opportunity to run after Suzy.

Suzy was running out of breath but she didn’t stop from running. She doesn’t know how far she had already run, where she already was or where she was heading. All she knew was that she was not ready to face any of the three back there. But then, a ball hit her, causing her to stop and stumble.

“Ahhhh,” she whined as she massaged the part that had been hit. She then took the time to look around and she realized that she was in the soccer field.

“Su, are you okay?”

She looked up and saw Woohyun looking down worriedly at her. She was in the verge of crying as she saw her cousin. She started hiccupping as short sobs left her but tears did not drop from her eyes; she was only whining. Woohyun widened his eyes as he crouched in front of her and held her caref

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter