Stranger

Pink and Black
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You're staying late again?" Suzy innocently said as she bumped onto Sungjong on the corridors.

It has been a week since she transferred to her cousin's school and she was getting used to the environment. Everything was changing for the better, except for her relationship with Myungsoo whom she bickers with everyday and with Sungyeol, who still seemed so distant, much to her dismay.

"Oh. Noona," Sungjong greeted and immediately hugged her only to be interrupted by Woohyun.

"I told you to stop hugging her like that," Woohyun said.

But Sungjong just stuck his tongue out at him and said, "If you're jealous, then go get a girlfriend."

Woohyun widened his eyes at Sungjong while the latter chuckled seeing the blush on his face. Annoyed with the victorious smile that Sungjong carried, Woohyun shifted his attention to Suzy who was grinning too.

"Stop smiling and go get yourself a club."

"Sorry," Suzy chokes her laughter. "What's that? A club?"

Woohyun nods. "Extracurricular activities. It will boost your grades up."

"Jinjja?" Suzy asked, suddenly interested.

Woohyun nods. "So? What do you think?"

"Hmmmm. But that means that I have to spend extra time in school too?"

"Yes, but you'll have extra friends too and that'll be good for you," Sungjong answered.

"I'll think about it," Suzy sincerely said, pulling her bag closer to her. "But what clubs are you in?"

Woohyun smiled and dragged Suzy, showing her their busy schoolmates who were about to start club activities.

"Sungjong is in the Beauty Club."

"Beauty Club?" Suzy asked, slightly shocked.

"Wae?!" Sungjong retorts, "It's the biggest club in school. I have two-thirds of the girl's populations as members."

"Wow," Suzy nods. "So what do you do?"

Woohyun sighed as he saw how excitement was written all over Sungjong's face.

"The Beauty Club aims to make the school more pleasing by giving cosmetic, couture, and designing services and we do it for free because fashion is our passion," Sungjong said proudly.

"Uhmmmm. Nice," Suzy said awkwardly but Sungjong just grinned.

"You can join if you want! Membership is easy!" Sungjong excitedly said but Suzy just smiled at him. Dressing up was never really her forte.

"They're extremely busy because they are in demand since their service is usually free," Woohyun explained further.

"So what about you Nammie?" Suzy asked.

"Soccer club," Woohyun simply answered and he chuckled seeing Suzy's expression. "I know that you're not interested so I would rather not give it a try."

Suzy just laughed with him and her eyes landed on a familiar sight. "I think I'm holding you back. You could go to your clubs now."

"Are you sure?" Sungjong asked.

"Of course. You're the president and I'm betting my life that Woohyun is the team captain," Suzy said and he saw how Woohyun smiled in agreement.

"Your members need you. I'm fine," Suzy assured the two who just looked at each other. Seeing that they would not walk away on their own, Suzy took the courtesy to be the one to run away.

"Have fun!" she added before leaving the two.

 

 

Suzy found herself approaching the pink rose garden, smiling to herself. A while ago, she saw that it was empty and she presumed that she could go in. She sighed in relief as her eyes started enjoying the sight. She found herself sitting comfortably on the only bench on the garden, as she inhaled the fresh air. She shut her eyes as she tilted her head backwards. She was starting to picture the moment she first saw Sungyeol again, playing the violin beautifully. She smiled at the thought but her trance was immediately broken when she heard a voice say,

"What are you doing here?"

Suzy flinched and looked at her side only to find Sungyeol standing, his face clearly showed how displeased he was with Suzy's presence.

"Ah.." Suzy immediately stand up and bows. "A-Annyeonghae-"

"Didn't you see the sign that this place is forbidden? It clearly said Keep Out."

"I saw that..." Suzy whispered, "..but I saw you coming here by accident on the other day so I thought that I could come in too."

She heard how Sungyeol sighed in frustration. "I put that sign out there because I don't want strangers suddenly invading my personal space."

Suzy gulped. She was seeing a new side of Sungyeol, a side that gave pain to her heart.

"S-Strangers?" Suzy nervously repeated.

"Neh. Strangers," Sungyeol answered nonchalantly. "You might be my friend's cousin but you're nothing more than that. I don't know you."

Suzy smiled awkwardly and bowed her head. "I understand. I'm sorry."

Without raising her head, she i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter