Meeting the Family

Pink and Black
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Myungsoo was still humming a song as he went downstairs after getting his keys. However, he suddenly heard his name being called and he was certain that it was Suzy’s voice. He muttered a curse beneath his breath as he ran and skipped a few steps. He was panting as he arrived at the gate but Suzy was no longer there. He looked around and the next thing he saw was a limousine driving away.

“Bae Suzy!” he screamed and hurriedly, he rode his motorcycle in order to catch the luxurious car. His motorcycle’s engine roared but the thumps that his heart made was louder. He was driving as fast as he could and the driver of the limousine seemed to have noticed his presence because his speed was matched. It was like a car chase in the movies.

On the other hand, Suzy gave the men in black a hard time because when she spotted Myungsoo following the car, she did nothing but scream the boy’s name as she kept punching the car’s window that faced the back. The men tried to calm her down but Suzy kept shoving their hands away, refusing to let them touch her.

However, fate seemed not to favor Myungsoo and Suzy for when the traffic lights turned yellow, it was only the limousine that was able to pass through. Myungsoo was willing to risk driving even if the light was red but the cars passing through a perpendicular direction had prevented him from doing so. Frustrated, he removed his helmet as he could only stare at nothingness as the limousine had slowly disappeared.

Who would take Suzy away with such a luxurious car? Myungsoo asked himself. He creased his forehead in irritation with the possibility that it was his family.

When Suzy could no longer find evidence that Myungsoo was following them, her heart sank. She then stopped hammering her fists onto the window as numerous questions flashed on her mind.

What do they want from me? Did I offend someone rich who wants to get revenge from me? Or did I attract some rich man who wants to marry me now? What have you done, Suzy?! Think!

“Miss Bae, please calm down. We are nearing the mansion,” the voice of one of the men in black interrupted her daze. Surrendering, Suzy turned to face the inside of the limousine and gaped at the sight.

“Please help yourself for the mean while,” he added.

“Oh,” Suzy gasped for in front of her were numerous food – no, it must a banquet, There were television and speakers and everything she could probably live with in order to make the car her house.

Of course. It’s a limo. What did you expect? Suzy asked herself but she fought all the temptation to indulge for she thought that it would come with a price that she might not afford.

 

 

The men were not kidding when they told Suzy that their destination was a mansion because the car had parked in front of a structure which was probably just a little less gigantic and luxurious than a castle. She was speechless at the sight and she could only let her gaze wander in amusement. She had been to Sungjong’s and Sungyeol’s houses before and this was comparable if not greater than the former ones she had visited.

The men in black thought that she was finally convinced on properly and peacefully going with them but when she had set foot on the mansion, Suzy had gathered her thoughts back and cared less about the magnificence of the place – there was only one idea in her mind.

 I need to escape, she thought.

Quickly, she pushed through the men and started running for her life but the place was too big for her to search for an exit. She was suddenly lost. She slumped on the wall as she tried to catch her breath. However, she was not given enough time to rest as she heard footsteps approaching her. She was about to run but instead of seeing men in black, she saw a tall male around her age who wore a black and white striped shirt underneath his white jacket and below, he wore black shorts. His hair was dark brown and his fringe hang just above his eyebrows – almost the same as Myungsoo’s but shorter and neater. His eyes were perfectly round, his nose was high and his lips were the right amount of plump. He was holding a phone on one hand while the other was in his pockets.

“Who are you?” his deep voice halted Suzy’s admiration of his features. He furrowed his eyebrows, “Why are you here?”

“I would like to know that too,” Suzy mumbled.

The male then widened his eyes and uttered, “A thief.”

“No,” Suzy immediately denied.

“A thief!” he said, this time louder, as he glared at her. At the top of his lungs, he then started yelling, “Guards!”

And Suzy was on sprint yet again. She could hear them nearing but she had ran onto a dead end. Desperate, she opened one of the rooms and got inside, hoping that it was empty but as Suzy walked into the room, she realized that it was not. Inside was a girl around her age. She looked like a goddess with her milky white skin glowing and her curled black hair flowing. Her features spelled youth and innocence. The girl then turned in her direction making Suzy flinch.

“You must be the new maid,” the girl spoke, “Would you help me wear this dress? I can’t reach for the zipper at the back.”

“Ah. Neh,” Suzy would rather pretend to be a helper than to be caught by those men. Thus, she quickly walked to the female and helped her fit in the dress.

“What do you think?” the girl asked her as she looked at Suzy through their reflection at the mirror.

“It looks perfect on you,” Suzy truthfully stated.

“But I’m too fat,” the girl whined.

“No, absolutely not,” Suzy retorted. “If you’re fat, then I must be a pig.”

The girl then looked at her from head to toe and without hesitation commented, “Well, yes, I’d say that as well. You should take a diet sometimes.”

I complimented her and she returned it with an insult, Suzy bit back a scoff.

Suddenly, someone was banging the door and on the other side, a male yelled, “Sulli! Open this!”

“Not now, Minho!” Sulli screamed back.

“No, you need to open this! A thief has broken into the mansion!” Minho informed. “We need to check your room.”

Grumbling, Sulli did as told and as soon as the door opened, Minho barged in and asked, “Did you see anyone suspicious?”

“No,” Sulli lazily answered. “I was peaceful here with our new maid until you came in.”

The male turned to her and stared at her intently. Sulli gazed back in disbelief, “What?”

“We don’t have a new maid, Sulli,” Minho replied.

Sulli widened her eyes and immediately looked inside her room for the girl that she had encountered earlier but she was already gone and the window was left open.

Suzy was grunting from the pain of the fall. She could not believe that she had climbed down from the window of the third floor to the second floor before jumping off. Fortunately, bushes on the ground were able to catch her to minimize the aching that her body felt. She was already hopeful of finding the gates soon since she was already outside the mansion but even before she could search again for the final exit, a familiar face had brought her relief.

“What are you doing here Baebae?”

Almost crying, Suzy immediately ran towards Woohyun and enveloped him into a hug. She mumbled against his chest, “Thank God, you’re here.”

“You okay?” Woohyun asked as he removed leaves from Suzy’s hair.

Suzy broke the hug and inquired, “Do you know this place?”

“Of course, I do,” Woohyun answered. “This is the mansion of the Choi’s.”

“N-Neh?” Suzy stuttered for she couldn’t believe that she was finally able to set foot onto the former home of her mother.

Woohyun nodded, “Who brought you here?”

“I-I don’t know,” Suzy shrugged, “Some men in black.”

And before Woohyun could ask questions further, Suzy widened her eyes and exclaimed, “They’re here, Woohyun! Run!”

But Woohyun couldn’t comprehend why he had to run away from the Choi’s guards so he was left standing alone. He called onto Suzy to stop her from running but it was already too late. When Suzy r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter