New Friend

Pink and Black
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her crying had already stopped but Sungyeol was still embracing her, as if showing how much he missed the girl. He knows that the hug was never enough to make up to all the time he pushed her away as he refused to fall for the girl. But that hug also told him that it was already too late.

He would’ve held her all night if Suzy had not spoken,

“Myungsoo.”

As if waking up from a dream, his eyes snapped open, and he gently let go of her as she said,

“Myungsoo might be looking for me.”

He stared at her eyes and saw worry written all over it. The corner of his lips curved into a smile, but Suzy failed to realize that it was etched with sadness. He ruffled her hair for a short moment before saying, “I’ll be by your side until you find Myungsoo.”

Sungyeol had suggested looking for him in the open field for Suzy told him that it was the place they were supposed to watch the fireworks together. Being his best friend for eight years, he easily spotted Myungsoo in the crowd and even from afar, he could see how gloomy his eyes were.

“There are too many people,” Suzy complained, as her eyes searched for Myungsoo.

Sungyeol looked at the girl. It had already been a long time since he had the opportunity to be together with her. He wanted to spend time with the girl he now knew he was in love with, but as he looked back at Myungsoo, he gulped hard.

He patted Suzy’s shoulder as he forced a smile, pointed at his direction and said, “He’s right there.”

She was about to run towards him but after taking a few steps, she ran back to Sungyeol and asked,

“Are you not coming with me?”

He looked at her before his gaze travelled back to Myungsoo. He gently shook his head as he said, “I… I still need to look for the organizers to get my pay for the performance.”

It was true that he did perform but he did it all for charity. It was a lie that Suzy didn’t see through.

“Really?” Suzy said breathlessly. “Okay.”

“Go,” Sunygeol said firmly, hiding the fact that that one word was enough to break his heart.

He watched as she run to his side, and he continued watching as Myungsoo enveloped her in his arms. He saw it, the sudden glow Myungsoo’s eyes had when they landed on Suzy. Seeing that brightness in his eyes, Sungyeol knew that Myungsoo was in the point of no return.

 

 

“T-Thanks for today,” Suzy stuttered as she hugged the cat-stuffed toy he gave.

“If you had fun, we could always do it again,” Myungsoo smiled.

“Y-Yeah,” she absent-mindedly nodded.

“Then see you on our next date!” Myungsoo shouted before driving away, leaving her wide eyed in front of her apartment’s gate.

“Who said I agreed about doing it again?!” Suzy shouted back, but only the sound of the motorcycle replied. She sighed, contemplating on how she used to dream that her first kiss, first date, and first everything would be taken away by her first boyfriend. But now, she was giving it all to Myungsoo.

You could make him your first boyfriend then.

She shook her head, and said to herself, “Why did that thought even came to me?”

Recalling the memories of the night, she smiled, knowing that she really had a great time with him. It was fun and comfortable being with Myungsoo. But then as she tried to reminisce on what part her heart skipped a beat, it was the scene of meeting Sungyeol that flashed in her mind first. The second was the time when Myungsoo whispered sweet words to her ears, hugging her while she watched the fireworks.

 

 

Her feet dangled as she waited in the library. She pretended to read a book, but the truth was, she was gambling on the idea that Sungyeol would now spend time with her in the library after their reconciliation in the festival. Thus, as soon as she heard the familiar footsteps, she bit back a smile.

“Hey,” Sungyeol greeted.

“Oh,” Suzy said, trying to act surprised. “Hi.”

“I have some news for you,” Sungyeol said as he pulled out the chair in front of her.

The smile on Suzy’s face didn’t waver as her heart felt lighter upon having him with her again. It was as if she was going back to the past where she had fallen in love with Sungyeol with just his simple gestures.

Maybe being in love involves falling for the same person over and over again, she thought as she just stared at the male’s features.

“I know that you miss me Suzy, but you should stop staring at me and start listening on what I’m about to say,” Sungyeol whispered with a teasing smile.

Her cheeks blushed for getting caught and she immediately hung her head low as she flashed an apologetic yet awkward smile.

“The school fair is near,” Sungyeol continued. “And that would mean that the audition’s near too.”

Her eyes widened as she asked, “The performances for the audition would take place in the school fair?”

“No,” Sungyeol shook his head. “The auditions would happen before that because the new members would join the performance for the school fair.”

“H-How near is it?” Suzy asked nervously.

“Uhmmm,” Sungyeol shifted on his seat. “Seven days.”

“A week’s too short,” Suzy groaned as she dropped her head on the table. She then, almost immediately, sat up as she stared right into Sungyeol’s eyes.

If it was between embarrassing herself in front of the person she loves and her dreams, Bae Suzy would choose the latter.

“Could you please help me?” her eyes bore into his as they were filled with plead.

“Of course,” Sungyeol smiled.

Suzy’s eyes widened again, but this time in happiness. As her smile grew bigger, her eyes then became of the shapes of crescents. She thought that it was the best opportunity for her, not only to be a step closer to the musical world she was deprived of, but also to make lasting memories with the man she’s in love with.

Sungyeol on the other hand, reflected the same smile on his lips as he thought,

Allow me to chase after my own happiness, at least for now.

 

 

“My audition is near,” Suzy mumbled as she ate ice cream with Myungsoo on the school’s rooftop. The classes were over, but Myungsoo invited her to stay over and watch the sun set with him, bribing her with her fa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter