Her path

L.I.N.E.s

*I feel super sorry as I was so busy preparing for a big event... I was about to update last friday on the valentine's day, but there was a volcano explosion at my island and it affected everything in my city though the volcano located far away. And the thick ash covered everywhere. The situation is quite bad T.T.  I just got my connection now. I'm sorry for the late delay. Still...enjoy the story ^^ -hugs for all- *

***

“Sure you c....” Sohee looked up and covered .

“!! Sora!!!” Heenim got surprised and stood up happily.

Leeteuk still stunned seeing her.

She grinned happily.

“Damn you!!!” Heenim pinched her cheeks and ruffled her hair messily and then hugged her. “Goshhhhhhhh...happy you’re here....!” He kissed her twin, getting attention form people around them. “Hey...sit there...that hyung must me want to squeeze you hahahahahaha...” he .

“Mwoooo???” Leeteuk blushed badly. He cleared his throat and opened his arm widely. “Come to me...” he said with dimple smile.

Sora rushed and hugged him, sitting between him and Sohee who backhugged her then.

“How could you be here?” Leeteuk asked.

“Umm... There’s an offer, as an apprentice of the animation and dubber team. The chance is so small...but I will try...the day after tomorrow. And...If I can make it, I will be there...which is mean we can shortened our distance.” she smiled.

“Really????” Leeteuk twinkled his eyes.

Sora nodded.

“London?” Sohee asked.

“London...” Sora smiled.

“Awwwww....you awesome! You’re gonna make it!!!!” she grabbed her hands happily.

“does noona know about that?” Heenim asked.

Sora bit her lips and shook her head.

“Ha..ha...ha... great! Hope she won’t kill you If you return...” Heenim smirked.

“Don’t say that!” she kick her.

And all of them giggled.

***

Sitting and sipping the best Espresso a cafe  at Brewer St , Sora looked at the sealed envelope she received for the result. She opened it carefully. She knew, she didn’t give her best...but, well...who knows. Only two people needed, and there are more than thirty qualified applicants.

She had prepared for the worst...

She just had less than two weeks preparing the animation clip. A short tour to England. With limited knowledge of the country and relying on internet and youtube, that’s the way she created the animation. She used England’s Buckingham Palace guardian character who became the narrator. She felt fortunate having a friend like Jay Park who helped became the dubber, as he’s really fluent in English.

However, still...it’s not the best she could give, and somehow she really regret it. If only she knew the occupation sooner.

And she slowly unfold the paper.

She smiled and sighed.

She knew it. No matter what, she got the experience.

She had to go back to Seoul...as it written clearly “We are sorry to inform you that...” and the rest of the continuation could be predicted.

Her eyes got teary.

With her heavy heart, she took her mobile and booked the first flight to Seoul for the next day. She was about to text Leeteuk and Heenim, but she cancelled it.

She had decided to just face it herself. Her tears rolled down, and she wiped it quickly. She then sipped the Espresso again while  enjoying the colour of the threads people passing by and or chat at the cafe. She took her time to manage herself and calm down.

It’s suddenly raining.

“Rain in London... lucky me...” she smiled.

***

Sora blinked her eyes, tried to get the focus. It’s not 30 missed calls  and more from Heenim, Sohee, and Leeteuk that made her surprised, but a strange number on her screen calling her now. It’s not Korean number anyway....

And so she carefully received it.

“Hello...” she greeted.

“Hello. This is  Walter. James Walter. Am I speaking to Sora Kang now?” the caller spoke with British accent.

“Ah...ne...yes... I am Sora...”she answered it nervously.

“Do you still remember me?”

“Yes...Sure, Sir. You’re one of the lectures at Westminster University...one of the observers?”

“Good, glad you remember me. Have you seen the result?”

“Ah...yes, Sir... It’s not a good one.”

“Is it? Well...I’m sorry to know that...”

“It’s all fine, Sir.” She smiled.

“Well..Sora,something caught my eyes yesterday, about your animated video and I want to meet you. Do you have time?”

“Uhm? Time?”

“Yes. Well...you know, you didn’t pass the test, but I’m interested in your animation idea. And I believe you’ve got the skill and talent, just have not much experiences yet. So, I want to give you an offer. ”

“Offer?”

“Yes. An offer.”

“Ah....I see... Umm...now?”

“How about during lunch at Old street, the 49th. There’s a coffee shop there. Will you be able to come?”

Sora got stunned, looking at he big screen behind her.

Seoul. Last Boarding.

“Sure... I will be there, Sir...”

“Great. I’ll see you there. Thanks.”

End of the conversation.

She walked out with a new hope.

“Sorry, Seoul. Maybe tomorrow.” She whispered and smiled widely.

***

“Ack!” Sora yelped in pain.

“Why the hell you didn’t tell me?” MinJung hit her head again with her purse.

“It’s a sudden offer!”she protested.

“Two weeks? Sudden offer??? And you didn’t tell me??? You have 14x24 hours to tell me!” she hit her again with her purse.

“Aawhhhhh!!!! Unnie appoooooooo!!!!”

“And you failed?!”

“Yes. So whattttttttt???!!! There’s nothing wrong with trying!”

“That’s the price you have to pay for not obeying me!”

“But I don’t regret it... At least I learned something...I got something...”

MinJung smiled.

“So....tell me what have you learned and got...”

Sora opened her bag and took a blue big enveloped. Handed it to MinJUng.

“I got this...” she smiled.

“What is this?” Minjung asked curiously.

“Open it then...” Sora grinned widely.

***