A story from a golden thread

L.I.N.E.s

The man in white coat stood up in front of a building. He blew his cold hands. Once or twice he turned to see whether the woman he’s waiting for had came down or she hadn’t. Ten past seven and she had been late for ten minutes. But soon, he showed his soft gentle dimple smile. As she saw woman in white pancoat came down and a little running waving at him.

“I’m sorry I’m late...” Sora apologized.

“Never mind...I’m off today...” Leeteuk grabbed her hands, tried to share his warmth.

“Gomawo...” She smiled sweetly.

They walked down the street to one of the coffee shop there. Enjoying things. They had been sepparated for some  eternal liked-months and now they’re together. They were celebrating their three months of reunited and living together that night.

“How is the recording?” Leeteuk asked.

“It’s fine. Some scenes had been completed. But I haven’t finished my task with the animation for the next scene...”

“I see...”

“How about oppa? Where will you perform next?”

“Chelsea.”

“Chelsea?”

“Uhum. That will be the thirs performance...”

“I wanna watch...” Sora said with her twinkling eyes.

“Next week? Do you have any off days?”

“Next week?”

“Friday... So...I will leave on Wednesday...”

She bit her lips. “ I will be off on Sunday...”

Leeteuk sighed. “Again? No Saturday?”

“Mian...”

“Hey...It’s fine... You have worked so hard so that you are here now, so close with me. Being able to see you more, more days...I’m so thankful...”

“Oppa...” She cupped his face. Both of them smiled cheerfully.

As they enjoyed cheese cake, a middle eged lady passed them, and seemed a little bit stunned. But she continued walking while smiling meaningfully to Sora. She replied the lady’s smile and followed the  as she walked slowly. Her jaw almost dropped.

“Wae?” Leeteuk asked.

“Do you see that lady?”

“Which one?”

“The one who just left to that table. That one!”

“That ahjumma with blue scarf?”

“Ne....she...has a very unique thread... It’s gold... she must be a great one...”

“Great one?”

“She has a great live journey and love life...”

“ I see... You still enjoy such thing?”

“Always...” Sora smiled meaningfully.

“Has hers connected?”

“Yes... She has found the one... It’s so beautiful...” she praised.

“What is your favourite one?” Leeteuk asked.

“The colour? Well..I guess...since I was a little kid...my mind has been stolen to a colour I adore the most...” she smild meaningfully “Sapphire blue...”

“Mine...” Leeteuk pointed at his little finger. Sora nodded.”And I do hope...it ended in my little one as I can’t see my own...”

Caressing her hand, Leeteuk kissed her little finger “I believe it does...”

***

She’s sitting down on her bed...Wearing Teukie’s white V neck teeshirt and black lacy pants only. Listening to a song she loved the most as it’s was composed by him.  She serenaded the song, imagining he was there. She stood up and then wore her skinny jeans before leaving their room and going to the hall. There was a white grand piano there. She looked around. No one was there as all the performance members were out of town. Only she herself and Sohee who had already slept as it was nearly 10 pm. She always slept earlier after she got her pregnancy.

And so...she’s sitting in front of the piano and she started playing a cheerful song ‘Summer’ by Joe Hiisashi. She then continued with some other songs and ended up taking her mobile and did self recording as she played Leeteuk’s Only U. She sent it at the end. The missing feeling is creeping, but she couldn’t be there. He was on the stage at that time, she knew. Perhaps almost ended the performance of that day.

She stopped just to look at her little finger and smiled at it.

***

“Call me Margareth...Nice to meet you...again Sora...” that middle aged women with her golder thread she met yesterday shook her hand warmly. She was one of the directors from London animation short movie project she did. She had just finished her previous project and finally able to join the force. She was a nice and humble lady, she also spoke slower to her, realizing that she was from different non-english mother tongue country. Sora felt comfortable. And these couple od days they worked really well. And there they sat together enjoying the coffee while waiting the rainy storm ended. 

“Yours...is beautiful...” Margareth praised.

“Excuse me?”

“I’ve never seen such single color glowed beautifully like yours...sapphire blue, right?”

“You...you can see such thing too?” Sora got surprised.

“Positive. Just like you.” She smiled meaningfully again.

“Wow! I...I never thought I will see someone else outside my link or my family who is able to do that...”

“My dad can do...and so can I... the only one in my family...” she explained.

“Interesting....” Sora got excited. “Yours...yours is beautiful...never seen such...”

“Gold, rite?”

“Eh?!! Yes! Yours is gold. You can see yours? I can’t see mine..”

“I can’t see mine either...” she smiled “My dad told me. His color is golden brown...and mine is pure gold... He told me a week before he passed away...just like a warm surprise before he died as I never thought he would tell me...”

“I’m sorry to hear that...”

“That’s such a long story...” she smiled.

“Your thread connected beautifully...so beautiful...Your husband must be a great one. Two of you must be a great couple!” Sora praised.

“Thank you, dear... well you must make a great one two with your husband...” she praised back.

“Huh?” Sora got stunned. Her heart bit faster “So....you meant...my thread and his thread...are the same colour?” she asked.

“Yes...sure! Why?”

“Ah...” she smiled widely and covered her blushing face.

“No one has ever told you before?”

“No...no one...even my sister and uncle who have such ability too... They said I have to feel and give the faith..not just depend on the colour and that’s how I will find and feel my true love...”

Margareth laughed. “A nice way... Yes! You have to trust your own feeling too! Hahahaha...that’s cute..” she laughed again. “And now you know...Ah...I shouldn’t tell you then...”

“Thank you for telling me...”  Sora thanked. And they laughed together.

“However...he’s not my husband...my fiance...” Sora said.

“Ahhhh...really? Soon perhaps...I guess” Margareth say, causing Sora blushed in red. “Trust me...I mean it...” she added. And they giggled.

“Ummm...where is your husband? Why didn’t he pick you up? Is he busy too?” Sora asked.

Margareth smiled. “Do you want to meet him?”

“Sure! I wanna meet a great couple with one of the most beautiful thread!” her eyes shined brightly.

And Margareth smiled “The rain has stopped. If you still have time...I’ll bring you to meet him today...”

“I’m joining you...” Sora said happily.

***

She looked at the men lying unconsciously on the bed in a beautiful warm wooden house. And her tears rolled down...she wiped her tears.

“Why do you cry?” Margareth asked her.

“No...I just...” Sora was unable to utter a word.

“It has been the ninth month for Philips to lay unconsciously like this... Car accident with my dad. My dad passed away three days after trying to survive. And here’s Philip...” she smiled a little sad. “Couple days ago...I was lucky to meet you.”

“Why?”

“The way people like us looking at others and enjoying their colours are different, even the aura. And since the first time I saw you with that look, I know exactly, you have the same ability with mine.” She smiled and stopped. “I...I wanna proof something...If...If I had had lost my contact with Philip...you wouldnt have give me an admiration nor surprise look... And by that...I would know that my connection with him has dissapeared...as that what I thought before, though I love him so much...” she took a deep breath “But the way you look  at me on that day...proof me wrongly... He’s still here....and here..” she touched her chest.

Sora nodded and hugged her. They cried together.

“Even in this kind of situation...they glow beautifully...he loves you so much as you do...”

“I know...” Margareth wiped her tears. “No distance can make the people are meant to be together apart....” she said..

***

Sora took a deep breath “No distance can make the people are meant to be together apart....” she said, repeating Margareth words as she opened the bathroom and slowly took a stick lying on top of a glass on the wash basin.

Two visible stripes.