Haven't we met before?

L.I.N.E.s

Sora was looking at Leeteuk with a serious stare. She turned to the window seeing the hard rain pouring down. She was sure to say what happened previously, but now...she’s a little unsure about that.

*flash back*

“You asked me last time what I had done when I faced that?” Yesung asked.

“Ne, oppa...I’m tired of having bad luck all the time...” Sora rested her head on the sofa.

“If you keep on avoiding, it may worked quite well...I mean, I did that all the time when I met a boy who had the black thread in my school. But...it’s just like never ending hide and seek. And I’m tired of that. Can you imagine, he knew nothing about our ability and the effect he gave, but we got to hide in order to avoid back luck or cursed we may face...really, Sora, so tiring..the most tiring 6 months in my life...”

“So...what happened?”

“He fell in love with one of our...male teacher...”

“Whattt???!!!”

“Well...it’s the way too complicated, as our teacher loved him too, but broke their relationship as he was about to marry his girlfriend... And....things went wrong...they were so wrong at the beginning, and that boy ended it badly... He tried to kill him...three times during that year. No one realized his plan...till the fourth attempt....”

“He was caught...but it even had been a little late. Our teacher was in coma. He lived...but in a big regret I guess...his is now turned black, just the same as the boy... I can be free from the bad luck, since the boy was jailed....”

“I see...”

“But trust me, Sora...hide and seek, avoiding, isn’t the best solution...”

“Ottokke?”

“The best way is just like what Minjung did...face it...” Yesung smiled.

“Unnie... how did she do that?”

“I can’t tell you all...because you have and better experience it yourself. Face it with good intention and of course you have to be really strong facing the bad effect on you...”

“I can be killed!!!!”

“I know...you have to have the luck too...Many could ended it quite well...they even saved those black thread people. Well...many were failed too and ended up badly... That’s why great strength and strong good heart are needed. But seeing both of your cases...I don’t think it will end with murdering thing...”

“Should I tell him..?”

“Tell him what?”

“That I can see such thing?”

“Do you think that’s the best way? Well...because so far I haven’t seen he has bad intention...”

“I dunno, oppa...”

“Follow your heart. You’ve got the best sense I thought in our family...so...deep inside I know you’ll face it well...eventhough you failed, ‘give up’ isn’t in your dictionary, is it?”

Sora blushed.

“Black thread isn’t created to be avoided...as we who can see it, should gain our strength to fix it... I think that’s also one of the reasons why we could see such thing...” he smiled gently.

***

She knew she had to say that...

“I can see things you can’t see...” her first explanation finally flowed.

“Mwo? Like a ghost?” Leeteuk asked.

“Noooo...not such thing...” Sora said. “Here in our little finger..” She pointed at her little one “There’s an invisible thread which only kind of people like me can see. This thread connected people with the special ones in their life and show how the relations are...”

“Here?” Leeteuk pointed at his little finger.

“Aiiiiishhhhhhh!!!! Don’t point out yours!” Sora warned as the black thread started to glow. Bringing dark atmosphere....

“Wae?”

“Because yours...is...black....” She finally said.

“Black? So...? What makes it different with others?”

“Follow me...Let’s go for a while...and kept your distance...” Sora guided him to the front big hall on the first floor. They were sitting in one of the couch with some space between them. Sora started observing people around them. Sometimes she smiled, sometimes she was in awe, and sometimes she frowned wierdly.

“What happened here?” Leeteuk asked with puzzled face.

“There that woman in red..her thread is green, a little tosca... And that man...i think he’s her couple as he’s got the same color... it’s not shining, they’re in a problem I guess...” Sora explained as she pointed at their direction.

Leeteuk looked at them...trying to understand what she’s trying to say. It’s a little hard, because he couldn’t see what Sora saw...however...“Araso....” he finally said, as if he could see those thread.

“That girl in blue sweater...”

“Do you think that boy beside her is her boyfriend....?” Leeteuk asked.

“Yes...Well...her color is reddish..with a little blue on it...but the boy’s is brown, soft brown... They’re not suppose to be together at the end... And at that group...”

“Which group?”

“Those students bringing guitars....there’s a girl whose got the same color as the soft brown tread boy...”

“But I supposed they don’t know each other...” Leeteuk observed them.

“They will... Because that what should be...” Sora smiled, looking at them. “Ah...look...the first meeting....” She pointed at the girl who tripped down and her guitar fell, and the boy initiated to help her.

“Seems good...” Leeteuk whispered. “So...what happened with my black thread?”

“It’s a curse symbol, darkness, loneliness, and evil...” She spoke without looking at him.

“Mwo??”

“The ones whose got black thread... When we see people with that...bad things usually started to come to us...follow us as long as that person still around us... We can be killed as well.. It’s like a curse. Moreover the one who got short cut like yours usually a murder, wicked people, bad people, the one who got dark plan or secret...”

“MWOOOOOO?????” Leeteuk got shocked.

“ That’s why...bad things always come around me whenever I see you, even it’s just a second...”

“You....?”

“Yes...that’s why...I need to know...why. If you have bad intention or plan... or dark secret, better to stop now...because I...I will stop you no matter what...eventhough I have to face something harmful...bad...and...even die...”

Leeteuk shook his head and smiled bitterly. “I have no bad intention...” he stopped for a while. “But I have a dark secret....”

Sora was stunned. That’s what she’s been waiting for...the answer.

***

Looking at the hard pouring rain from the hall, Leeteuk sipped his americano.

“Why did you drink it if you don’t like it?” Sora asked.

“I used to like it...I just stopped having it and forget the taste...Now I remember...” he smiled bitterly. He turned to her.

“12 years ago...I was a famous boy from a famous school...because I’m one of the highschool gangster main members... I was smart, so teachers wouldn’t be able to stop me...and I enjoyed hanging out, fight...and fight...” he took a deep breath. “But one day...everything changed....”

“What? You killed people and you ran away?” Sora asked.

“Almost right... At that day...we...plan to fight against another famous school to show our dignity and make them know whose their leader. We attacked them...and they attacked us... Little damage on us, but we plan to crush them down. We even plan to attack their school committe bus... On that day...I received wrong information...” he stopped, his expression changed into a hurt one “And we attacked a primary school bus instead....”

“You...what....?” Sora was speechless.

“When all kids run away in panic...some of them got hurt too... Some of us, tried to secure them in saver place during the fight... However...” He turned to Sora and looked at her with his black eyes meaningfully... “There was a little boy...well...I just known that it’s a girl very late...”

“What happened with that kid?”

Hyung...Sunbaenim...Let me see your little finger...yeppo!!! Neomu neomu yeppeo....!” he impersonated the little kid.

“Mwo....? Lit..little finger?” Sora got surprised.

“I didn’t understand why, but the kid really adored my little finger...I don’t know why... I brought her to a save turn, but the enemy school found us and attacked us. You know what...she didn’t run away and cried...she helped me...” he stopped. “She even protected me...and got the hit because of that...” He raised his hands a little. “In these hands...I wrapped her bleeding little body...” he stopped and looking at Sora who seemed remembered something. “She was in coma for a month...having no signal to wake up...she’s close to death... Her noona asked me to leave and change my life...a very wise noona... I thought...she must have died, because of my teenager foolishness...I am a killer, I thought...”

“Are you...?”

“I’m the one who left you a scar here...” Leeteuk wiped her fringe genlty and traced 2 cm cut on her left forehead, next to her temple.

“I was so lucky for meeting Minjung noona and met you again...knowing that you’re still alive...”

Silence...

She traced the scar with her finger...

Ah....she remembered the pain...

And...

She stopped for a while....

“You...it shouldn’t be black...” Sora  turned and looked at him in his eyes deeply...

***