014

T Is For Tattle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
ONE FRIDAY NIGHT Chapter Fourteen

 

“Are you sure you’ll be fine?” 

When you combine Baekhyun and Chanyeol, you get A Series of Unfortunate Events. Unfortunate in such a way that you had to endure their blow by blow quips, left and right literally. I always thought that it was because they were guys. You know guys - they always came up with witty yet annoying antics just for the fun of irritating you, especially if you’re a girl whom they make fun of when you lost it. But, I had never encountered guys on the same level as these two. So I thought maybe it was just them, or their combination rather. If one of them started, expect the other to join in. Trust me when I say that you need to make a run for it because they won’t stop, even if your face is already redder than a dynamite ready to explode.

“Are you sure you’ll be fine?” Baekhyun repeated what Chanyeol said, for the, I don’t know, seventh or eighth time? I lost count. They were like a broken jukebox that I wanted to slam dead with a hammer. But I doubted they would stop even if I did. Their mouths had their own pacemakers to keep the teasings going. 

“Yes, I’m okay now.” This time I had a hard time controlling my face from contorting. To be honest, not really. I still haven’t gotten over what happened yesterday. Not an ounce. My face couldn’t conform with my lie. I was a terrible liar like this.

“You sure?” Baekhyun kicked a leaf as we made our way through the garden front, going to the building. The leaf didn’t even fly. It just plummeted straight back to the ground.

“Yes, I’m fine now.” My expression was still steady. When you were with these two, you just had to choose: their endless puns or their mocks once you burst out from their endless puns. I’d choose the former any day. Trust me, you wouldn't be able to handle once they started saying how ugly you looked once you started going bananas. Their insults would be enough to make you cry if you weren't used to it. But since I was in a bad mood, I'd rather not choose the latter because I didn't want to go to jail once I made my counterattack.

“Are you sure you’ll be fine-”

“Seriously, if you say the word “sure” again, you’re gonna get it.” I shot him a look, nodding my head twice at the threat.

Baekhyun nodded but turned to me the last time, unaffected with my threat. “You sure?”

Aargh!!! I stopped walking that made the two to stop talking likewise. They knew that I had enough. 

“Calm down, Myunjae. We were just cheering you up,” Baekhyun gave me a single pat on the shoulder.

“I said I’m fine.” I proceeded walking to the stairs leading to the building. “You two should just carry on with your warm-up practice.” It was an attempt to shoo them away.

“You sure?”

I turned around. “Byun Baekhyun-”

“Okay. Okay.” The two sighed a small laugh, shaking their heads. Seriously, what kind of friends laugh when you are obviously in a bad mood? The worse, they were making your bad mood some form of amusement. I’d tell you what kind - the kind that Baekhyun and Chanyeol are.

They caught up with me as we strolled through the hallways. I stopped by my locker. 

“See you later. Just be sure you’re already fine before this day ends. Okay?” They smiled and waved once before walking off into the soccer team’s locker room. They actually knew how to stop, but it had to reach the “overboard” stage before they finally could call it enough.

Derps. But honestly, I was still happy that they were there. They acted like my clowns to cheer me up, though their way to cheer me up was weird and, sometimes, annoying. I would just think that, at least, there was still a little piece of sunshine in my miserable -up, and even-more--up-just-yesterday life.

I had just finished placing some of my books in my locker. I was about to close it when I saw Kungfu bo . . . Kyungsoo walking through the hallway.

Sheet! I just wish I can fit inside my locker right now.

With nowhere to hide, I merely stuck my head in between the locker and its door. He passed by. But could I just say that I was lucky that he didn’t see me? Or maybe, he just didn’t want to associate himself with the girl who “confessed” in the entire stadium without any shame. He was occupied talking with a taekwondo co-member, I could recognise. When they were about five steps away, I peeked at their direction, my head still in the shadows of my locker. Thank you. Thank you so much, patron of lockers.

The moment I shut my locker, I had a clear view of my right lateral. I took a casual glimpse but then, I was prompted to take a second glance at the school entrance. I stiffened a bit in my spot the moment I realised that Kim Joonmyeon had just entered the building. If I must remind myself, we were not exactly in good terms and he was angry at me. Oh, did I forget to say I’m also angry because he broke my dear camera? Gah, I just reminded myself again.

As usual, he was the epitome of a “model” student, minus the reputation. Nonetheless, he carried himself the way he usually did - serious expression, firm gaze and straight posture. His uniform was well-ironed like always and he wore it the way described in the school rule book. Every morning, students who saw him greeted him with a bow - but this morning was definitely not one of those mornings.

“Hey, Hulck. How’s it going?” A random male student caught up with him side by side, waving at him once before fully walking ahead.

He didn’t budge, still focused on his path. Not even a muscle on his face moved to acknowledge wha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter