028

T Is For Tattle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CAPTAIN HULCK

Chapter Twenty Eight

 

One second.
Two seconds.
Three.
Four.
Five….

Wait. I don’t feel any pressure on my lips.
Except for the warmth radiating on an object hovered above my left shoulder.

What in the world…

I slowly opened my eyes.

Hulck had his nose, almost nuzzled, on my fabric-coated shoulder.
He was sniffing it.

“What the hell are you-”
“Looks like you use cheaper detergent on your clothes, Seo Myunjae.”

What the heck...

Still holding my breath up, I was just stone-traumatized in my position.

He muttered, “I think you should replace your detergent.”
I still cannot respond. I thought he was gonna do ‘that’….

Kim Joonmyeon continued ‘sniffing’ me.

I still couldn’t breathe.
Although his nose was not completely in contact with the fabric, I could still feel his warm breathing through the fabric.

There was a long moment of silence between us.

But then...

His warm breathing carefully started transitioning from my shoulder…to the crook of my neck…to my lower jaw…stopping for a split second…
then tracing the outline of my jaw with his warm breathing…

Then finally stopping an inch from my lips…completely facing me.

He didn’t move.
With his gaze still in lock with mine.
With his hand strongly yet gently grasping the left back part of my neck.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

And once again.
he started inching forward….

Thump. Thump. Thump.
..I cannot move….

Closer and closer…

…aish….I need to control myself….I hate it…no…I like it…hate it…love…aish….

Thump. Thump. Thump.

I don’t know…but I just…pushed him on the chest really hard, making him slightly jerk backward.

As if he snapped out of his thoughts, he stayed rooted to his spot, not saying a single thing….
The same went for me.

We just looked at each other.
Both panting.
Faces flushed red.

Aish…what…what did just happen? 
But I don’t know…it…it almost felt right….

Ack….here I go again with this crazy feeling.

Feeling that my thighs are free now….

I kicked him hard in his lower leg.

“Aish!”
“Ouch!”

Agh! Crap.
I just kicked using my sprained foot.

And now, I am sure that we're back to our normal thinking once again.

“Why did you kick me?” Joonmyeon protested, scrunching up his eyebrows in annoyance, as what I could slightly decipher inside this cold, dim-lighted room.
“Then…why…why did…you do that?!” I retorted, slightly stuttering.
“Do what?” He asked, still irritated at me.
“That!” I emphasized, glaring up at his standing figure, holding his ‘hurt’ lower leg up.

“You almost placed your…um…proceeded your head forward…angling-” I can’t say it properly. My mind was still a mess, I don’t know why.

“You meant kiss you?

Thump.
Thump.

“Ye...yeah…th..that…” I still couldn’t speak straight. I just crossed my arms in front of me. What’s with my stuttering?
“Tch,” he smirked shortly and returned to a composed, blank gaze once again.

“Who said I was going to kiss you?”

What?
He wasn't going to?
Why am I bothered about it anyway?

“No…that was not what I was thinking,” I countered. Yeah, right.

He gazed at me once more sternly. 
“Stop fantasizing about it, Seo Myunjae. It’s not gonna happen.”

Okay. It sounded offensive.
It’s not like he’s Do Kyungsoo.

But I can’t point it out…something really felt different.
And I don’t know…for a moment, I kind of liked that ‘different’.

Kim Joonmyeon settled his foot back on the ground, still hissing. He began walking away from the couch and stopped by the glass table just beside the front door. He reached for what seemed to be a remote device and the lights inside the room .

See? He could have just turned the lights on earlier.
Now, I am sure that he was planning something hideous and evil earlier.

He then took strides through the hallway, going to that familiar bedroom of his. 

Oh…looks like it’s my time to escape now.
I stood up from the couch, taking careful steps because of my still-sprained ‘hurting’ ankle and wounded knee. However, I heard Hulck speak loudly, still carrying on to the bedroom. “Seo Myunjae, you can’t leave just yet...."

"...not unless you want to find someone tonight sleeping on the same bed in your room.”

If only I’m not a tenant in this building, I could have committed arson a long time ago….actually, I’ll have to burn Hulck alive first.

Furrowing my eyebrows, I sat back on the couch again and crossed my arms. I’m really sleepy and I think my level of logic right now is worse than a drunk's.

I was staring at the dark blue carpeted flooring of this room, throwing different amateur profanities inside my head and kicking Kim Joonmyeon’s uniform once off the floor, when I heard footsteps emerging from the hallway leading to Hulck’s bedroom. I darted my gaze and saw Kim Joonmyeon holding a small white box with his right hand.

Red Cross Youth Member, indeed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter