023

T Is For Tattle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CAPTAIN HULCK

Chapter Twenty Three

 

~We are the champions my frieeends…

“Do you have a flare gun? I just might shoot him in the mouth,” Hyoyeon rubbed her temple as she placed her elbow on top of her thighs. We were sitting Indian style on the floor inside the USHers room. Nope, it wasn’t budget cut. It was just the student council’s way of torturing the so-called ‘plankton of the organization chain'.

We were brainstorming for a fund raising event prior to the upcoming Halloween party at the end of the month. We were doing the arrangements and organizing of this huge event because ‘the student council was losing prestige with them sweating their arses off doing the arrangements’ (Son Dongwoon, SC treasury manager, 2013). We were sitting in a circular position facing each other: Hyoyeon, Sunny, Himchan, and I. They were the acting “heads” of USHers, which included me, because we were in our senior year. Age matters. But then, our ‘solemn’ all-professional meeting was disrupted when we heard a way-too-out-of-tone singing voice nearing this last room on the fifth floor.

The door opened.

~...and we'll keep on fighteeeeeng til’ the end…Daehyun continued singing.
 
“Daehyun, please….don’t start with me,” Hyoyeon continued easing her temple with her fingers. “Stop pulling off Celine Dion, Celine Daehyun.”

“What?” Daehyun pushed his glasses up to his nose. “Our soccer team won. We’re basically the champions of the season.”

So they won? Might as well congratulate the two derps later.

“If you don’t stop singing, I’m gonna shove your smelly socks down your throat,” Hyoyeon darted Daehyun an enraged glance.

I looked at Daehyun’s feet. He was not basically wearing any footwear or socks. He was barefooted. So he was probably the guy who waved socks instead of pom-poms in the stadium. Funny…and gross at the same time.

“So if you don’t like me singing,” he frowned…“then maybe I should do this.”

Then he started doing some sick moves.
Literally sick moves.
Disgusting sick moves.

“Oh yeah. Oh yeah,” Daehyun began doing some feet shuffling moves…and then hip s. 

Oh gosh, we have some serious Dork Alert here. 

We were just eyeing him blankly, his moves were basically jaw-dropping. The weirded-out type of jaw-drop.

“Daehyun, if you don’t stop at the count of three, I swear you’ll know how nasty your smelly feet taste like in two seconds,” Hyoyeon started counting, which was the same time Daehyun stopped.

“Aish, you guys liked it,” Daehyun gave a pout.

“Can you remove that creepy pout from your face, it’s freaking me out,” Sunny remarked, shivering her shoulders.
“Hey, you were just looking at me earlier like you were mentally stripping me of off my clothes,” Daehyun replied, pointing a finger at Sunny.
“Trust me, Daehyun. I’m adding more clothes on your body,” she repeated. “I’m adding more clothes.”

“Just admit it, you like me doing this,” Daehyun repeated those creepy hip s again. “Woot…woot.”

“Oh man, stop doing that,” Himchan scrunched his face up. “Halloween’s still at the end of the month.”
“Ack.”
“Barf…”
“Eww.”

“Oh my gosh,” Sunny suddenly clapped cheerfully. 
“What? I’m good right?” Daehyun anticipated a praise.

“You’re one big hell of a turd.”

“Aish,” Daehyun peered at Sunny, and just proceeded to sit between Hyoyeon and Himchan.

Enough with the meeting intervention, Daehyun. Carrying on…

“Okay, so any other suggestions?” Hyoyeon asked, rolling her eyes at Daehyun, continuing our mini-conference.
“We can have a Bring Your Pet Hamster Day.” Himchan spat.
“Any other suggestion?” Hyoyeon shrugged at him. 
 “How about Bring Your Pet Hamster Day-”

“Gosh, Himchan, no one gives a darn about your hamster the size of Daehyun’s foot,” Sunny complained. Outburst. I can't blame her, though.

I don’t know why I’m really quiet now. Maybe, I got traumatized by Daehyun’s ‘sick’ moves.

“Oh I know,” Daehyun kneeled from his spot, looking all excited.
“Daehyun, sit down, no one wants to hear-”

“We can do the Reaping Night again.” Daehyun continued speaking.

“What the heck are you-” Hyoyeon stopped mid-sentence, as if realizing something good.
“Ac...actually…we…we can do that.” Hyoyeon agreed with Daehyun.
 
“See, I told you I’m a genius,” Daehyun stated confidently, crossing his arms.
However, no one really thanked him. They just shrugged at him.

“That will mean we have to prepare a programme somehow, like what they did in the previous years,” Sunny said.

Seriously, I feel so clueless right now. It looks like non-USHer students have underestimated the USHers. They know a lot about event planning and organizing, which are never easy tasks.

As much as I was so clueless about the planning part, I knew how the ‘Reaping Night’ worked too well. Of course, all the students did.

Reaping Night. 

From the name, it means a night of ‘reaping’. And what do we reap?

Dates.

Dates to go to the Halloween party with.
And we can raise money with this because students get to be auctioned. But not all. Just ‘chosen ones’.
From each organization, a member will be chosen by the other co-members to represent them. The organization with the member of highest bid at the end of the night will be getting ten percent of the auction money for personal organization funding, so the representative has to be chosen well. 

However, an exception to this is the student council. They do not have to send some representative since they are ‘the organizers’ for the said event.

In addition, the students to be auctioned are not allowed to place a bid. They also have to reject any invitation to be a person’s date…it’s because we’re talking about money.

You want that person as a date? You have to bid and pay - That's like the motto.

Also, Reaping Night will not only be about auctions. But some presentations as well of each club…

“Myunjae, you’re spacing out,” Sunny waved a hand in front of me.
“Oh….I was?” I suddenly expressed. “You know, I was just visualizing the idea.” Yes, I really was. No lies there.

“Anyway, we have to inform the organization heads now so they can submit the names of their representatives,”

Hyoyeon started standing up. “And of course, we’ll be doing that after we clean the stadium.”

“So let’s go, USHers.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter