005

T Is For Tattle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
ONE FRIDAY NIGHT Chapter Five

 

"What if I tell Kyungsoo about your little crush on him?"

What?
How did he...

"Tch. What made you say  that? You have no proof or anything." I crossed my arms. Seriously, how did he?
"You know, you're very transparent with your expressions, Seo Myunjae." He stated as if it were a matter of fact. "It's really obvious. One, during SC meetings with your team. Two, at the cafeteria yesterday. The only thing you were lacking was a drool from your lips."

"And what? You call that 'crushing' already? Puh-lease," I wiped my cold sweat mentally.

"Myunjae, Myunjae..." He scoffed, shaking his head twice. He stepped closer. "I'm a guy. I can easily read off girls." His eyes trailed from my eyes, to my nose, to my cheeks, as if he was really reading me. For a moment there, I thought he eyed my lips. I wasn't sure myself - but if he really did, I would slap him in the face with my backpack!

"So you're some kind of a crush expert now? You’re kidding who? And besides, everyone knows you haven't been in a relationship before."
"That's what 'everyone' knows. But you.You have just met the real me. Now don't ask me how many girlfriends I had. I think you can already guess. Now give me the camera. And Kyungsoo will not hear a word from me." He instantly reached for my backpack, his worked-out arm weighing my shoulder down while he did. 

"Fine. Go ahead. It's not true anyway. Why would he even believe you?" I ducked and moved to the side, preventing him from touching my backpack. But he extended his other arm out, locking my backpack inescapably.

"So if it's not true, then it would be fine for me to tell him. You've got nothing to lose, right?" He mocked me.

"Fine, tell him. I don't care when it's not even true!" Don't you even dare, jerk!

The door of the closet suddenly opened. Mr. Jun, the janitor, just stood there, shock written all over his face because of the awkward position that I and Joonmyeon were in right now - Joonmyeon was still touching the bag on my back with both hands...making it seem like he was hugging me.

We just stared with flustered expressions at Mr. Jun.

There were cricket sounds.

"Uhm, just tell me when you're done. I'll be right here outside," Mr. Jun closed the door in front of him, leaving me and Joonmyeon, yet again, alone in this closet.

"Get-your-hands-off-my-backpack-if-you-don't-want-me-to-scream-you-are-ually-assaulting-me," I gritted my teeth.

Joonmyeon let go of my backpack. He leaned closer to my face, so unnecessarily close.

He mumbled, eyes filled with intimidation. "This isn't over."

He made his way through the door. He bowed at the janitor. He glanced at me for the final time before walking off.

He was not going to tell Kyungsoo, right? Besides, why would Kyungsoo even believe him? He had no solid evidence to show him. However, I would really want to shut him up if ever.

 

 

The publication meeting ended late. At this time of night, the scenario remained the same - the post lamps shedding light at set intervals and the vehicles passing by the road. I was walking through the sidewalk towards our dorm. My tired, sleepy eyes grew heavier because of day's work. I just wanted to get a good night's rest.

Like yesternight, the same two sets of footsteps emerged behind me, as if following me.

These two derps are going to be dead to me! "Park Chanyeol. Byun Baekhyun, cut the crap if you don't want me to beat you." I continued walking, still not looking behind me. I yawned.

The footsteps never stopped and carried on following me.

"Seriously. If you don't stop at the count of three, both of you will get a taste of my fist." The footsteps didn't stop.

You idiots. You know things will get worse if I start counting.

"One..."
"Two..."

"Three." A deep, manly voice concluded the counting for me.

He grabbed the top grip of my backpack.

I looked behind me - it wasn't Chanyeol nor Baekhyun.

The two men looked like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter