025

T Is For Tattle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CAPTAIN HULCK

Chapter Twenty Five

 

I was waiting outside Hyejin’s dorm room, situated at the other tower of Kim Joonmyeon’s establishment. It was funny, though. Hyejin lived in the famous neighborhood near the school, yet she  stayed in a ‘nearby’ dorm during school days. (Rich people. But nope, she’s not a snob, which is very rare.)

Actually, I was here to borrow a dress.

Dress.

I have dresses back at our house but it will not be really practical for me to go back there just to get a mere piece of girly clothing. Also, my mom will have a high possibility to go to the auction and take pictures of me…and the school. She always admires the infrastructure of the school. Sorry, the members of our family have different ‘weird’ obsessions. Also, it was at times like this when I wished Chanyeol and Baekhyun were girls so they would be able to help me with ‘girl issues’ like this one. However, I already liked them the way they were and such cute, derpy, adorable faces would go to waste if they became 'that'.

“Coming.” I heard Hyejin speak after I pressed the buzzer on the telecom device. 

After a couple of seconds, the door opened.

“Oh hey, Myunjae. Please. Do come in,” Hyejin smiled, gesturing me to proceed inside.

The interior’s the same as my room. Nothing different. Of course, the furniture articles would differ because she bought them. And yep, I’m in middle-class.

“Please, do make yourself comfortable,” Hyejin smiled. “I’ll just go get the dress.”

I thanked her and sat on the white couch in the living room.

“Okay,” I heard Hyejin walking back to the living room after a number of minutes.
“This is my top one.” Hyejin stood in front of the couch, showing the dress in her hand.
“Oh my…it’s pretty,” I expressed, no doubt. “Are you sure you’re willing to lend me this?”
“It’s totally fine. Besides, I’ll be wearing a legit costume at the Halloween party. Also, this dress is so last season.” She smiled at me, reassuringly. Then my clothes would be Jurassic Era.
“Are you really sure?” Crap. I don’t have enough money if I mess this dress up.
“Yes. It’s really fine,” Hyejin repeated. “Besides, you have been one of my dearest friends, Myunjae. All these years in high school…”

Then I noticed she was trailing off in her thoughts…

“Uh…Hyejin…you okay?”
“Huh? Oh…Uh, nothing…just being a sentimental sister here,” she faked a sob.
She’s really cool. A rich person, who’s not arrogant, Taekwondo player, and sometimes…a little bit childish but we really do share a wide range of interests.

I stood up and beamed a warm smile towards her. “Thank you very much, Hyejin.”
“Nah…” she flipped her wrist down in front of me. “It’s nothing.”
“Here.” She handed me the dress.
Shoot, I don’t even know how I’m going to handle this. It’s like I’ll be carrying some delicate piece of expensive porcelain.

“Don’t worry. I’ll take good care of it.” I said, receiving it. e…e…I might rip this off. Actually, I’m just feeling exaggerated…and paranoid, but it’s not a sin to be extra careful.

Then Hyejin started giving me a creepy smile.

“And Myunjae…” she began speaking. “I have good news for you…”
I just blinked at her, slightly furrowing my eyebrows, anticipating the ‘news’. “What is it?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter