030

T Is For Tattle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CAPTAIN HULCK

Chapter Thirty

 

I was drunk. I downed my fifth shot, letting the fluid cascade down my throat.

“Hey! You’re consuming all the juice punch on the table!”

Or at least, I think I’m drunk.
I don’t drink alcohol, actually.

I heard one of the waiters warn me. I was standing in front of the buffet table, hoarding some finger food and drinking the apple-flavoured juice punch. I want to forget. I seriously sound like a drunk.

“Just one more, mister. One more.” I uttered in a tired tone, about to scoop another serving of the punch to my cup when he stopped me. “I’m not getting that much anyway. Besides, it’s unlimited.”
“Yeah right. Look at your container. It’s as big as that of a gallon-size ice cream.” He retorted. “And you have just drunk a whole serving earlier.”

“Aish. Okay. Okay,” I said, placing my cup back at the buffet table. “Please keep that for me. I’m gonna return here later.”
“No. You’re not.” 

I saw him throw the container into a black trash bag behind him. I’m gonna find a bigger container, mister. Just wait. Oh, and be sure to prepare more juice punch. 

I grabbed another small cup, the normal-size one, and scooped an ample serving of the punch once more.

“Hey! Didn’t you just-”
“This will be the last one. I need something to push the food down my throat with,” I eyed the paper plate containing some chips and dip.

“Aish. You better make sure.”

Such grumpy waiter. We’re the ‘organizers’ of this event. We deserve all the food that we can have, mister.

I picked up the small plate and the cup and headed towards a vacated table near the buffet table inside this huge Function Hall-turned-into-some-kind-of-a-lively-party-place...so I can easily go back and get some more food. I simply just wanted to die of drowning…with punch and food. I think it’s the best way to die if you ask me. You die, still feeling your stomach all filled. 

The moment I sat down, I immediately attacked the food in front of me. Call me a ‘hog’ but it’s finger food. You eat it using your bare hands. And I think I’ll die faster because I didn’t apply any alcohol or sanitizer before eating. Thanks, bacteria.

When I do die, I’m gonna haunt Hulck for the rest of his life…his life…his life….his life….
his life….

Crap. I’m acting like a drunk. What more if I do, indeed, get drunk for real? I bet I would be like some Jerry Springer-type of mess.

~Music still playing: Girls Gone Wild by Ludacris

Oh, this is a good song to jam to. I started singing while still munching the chips down.

The itsy-bitsy spider
Climbed up the water spout
Down came the rain
And washed the spider out….

I continued singing that sounded like some kind of poem reciting, and I observed the party happening in front of my table.

The USHers, we, or basically just the other USHer members, had indeed done a great job in turning this hall in the annex building into a party place. No, actually, all thanks to Spectrum Logistics, Inc. Halloween-themed indeed. Replicas of famous commercial monsters here and there. Vampires. Ghosts. Werewolves. Zombies. And don’t forget the pumpkins.
The middle of the hall served as the dance floor, where many students were piled onto, all dressed in various costumes. Some scary. Some mystical. Some ridiculous. Some were just plainly bizarre.

I can see Mr. Anderson. CatDog…how did they do that? Spongebob. Johnny Depp. Buzz Lightyear. Harry Potter. Oh…is that a BigFoot?…oh crap…it’s Daehyun. How ironic. He was doing some hip s again, with a two-meter creature-less radius surrounding him. Ew. He should really stop doing that.

I then shifted my gaze to read the tarpaulin hung on the stage part of this hall, designed with fake spider webs and creepy screamo masks.

October 25, 2013 
Seoul Elite High
welcomes you to the annual
Halloween Party
Friday, 6 PM

I swear, if I lay my hands on my planner once again, I’m going to write under the date October 25, 2013: Hulck ditched me. Then, I’m going to create replicates of it and post them on the locker hallway so everyone will know how big of a jerk he is. Or maybe…how 'bigger'…or ‘biggest’ of a jerk he is, since they all know that he’s a proclaimed ‘bad boy’ now. He is really adding the worst kinds of title to his name. But I don’t care. It’s all because of his own personal not-so-surprising deeds. 

I can’t feel any emotion as of the moment albeit the loud hiphop music blasting through the speakers. I continued eating the crunchy snack in front of me while still observing the atmosphere inside this hall. Now that I think about it, I’m feeling a specific type of emotion right now: hunger. So I’m gonna eat and indulge myself.

But there is one thing actually that I cannot stop observing.

Dates.

Various couples dancing together.

Aish…why am I even thinking of it? I mean many of the students don’t have dates right now. Just look at Baekhyun and Chanyeol…but really...I’m starting to doubt their orientation.

Now, why would I let some two-faced jerk ruin this wonderful night?
This night wasn’t all about him anyway.

I think I am clenching my fist. I just noticed that it was in such condition before taking another chip from the plate.

I still cannot deny the fact that I’m angry.
Angry at Kim Joonmyeon.

 

 

I think I had eaten more than half of the food on my plate when I spotted some of the soccer members standing slightly far from where the dance floor would be, near the entrance of the hall. Though some of them are wearing costumes, one can still distinguish them because of that arrogant stance and mocking, exaggerated laughter. I think they were making fun of the costumes of other students on the dance floor, evident from the gestures and actions. Poor things. They don’t even know they are currently the objects of ridicule of those cocky rodent bums.

I was still curious of Kim Joonmyeon’s whereabout as of the moment. 
But trust me… I really don’t care now…maybe slightly...but I do…but I don’t…aish…

I gulped the last contents of the punch from my cup, wiped my lips with the back of my right hand, and stood up. I eyed them intensely as I strode towards them. I don’t care whether they’ll make fun of my costume. I can kick their arses one by one. Also, I’m not a ‘princess’ to begin with, so I’m not gonna act like one or at least pretend to be one.

“Hey, Kris,” I called this gigantic bum in front of me, seemingly still mocking a student on the dance floor. I noticed he was wearing an all-red attire. It’s just pretty casual really. Just red shoes, red pants, and a red hoodie. Maybe he’s cosplaying some kind of a person who’s working for Satan? That’s reasonable.

“Hey, there..." He took a second glance before completely paying attention to me. "Oh, hey…USHer girl.”

“Ooohhh...let me guess…” He faked a squint, looking down at me, gazing at my attire and the wig. “Pink hair, pink dress, and that weird-looking tiara…you must be Cleopatra. Ain’t I right?”

He smiled as if he already guessed it right, in a manner as if praising himself. Wrong guess, rodent.

“Ha-ha,” I forced a two-syllable laugh. “No.”
“Oooh. I know. I know,” Sehun peered at me. He was standing on the left of Kris. He was wearing ‘the’ black Hogwarts uniform. I wonder how much it cost him to buy such attire. I al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter