032

T Is For Tattle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CAPTAIN HULCK

Chapter Thirty Two


“Joonmyeon.” I couldn’t believe that he came.

He was standing in front of Do Kyungsoo, clutching onto my wrist possessively. He was looking at Kyungsoo with an unyielding gaze. He clenched his fist and his jaw.

I know they’re both athletes. I know they both work out, but if ever Hulck starts throwing a fit right now, I’m not quite sure if he will win against Kungfu Boy. First, because the latter’s like a real-life version of James Bond. Second, he’s the star Taekwondo Player. Third, I don’t know if a soccer kick can win against a roundhouse kick.

Gosh, I need to do something.

And what was there to fight for anyway?
Goodness’ sakes.

Hulck pushed Kungfu Boy on the chest hard, making the latter’s body jerk backward.

“What’s your problem?” Kungfu Boy eyed Kim Joonmyeon, now returning the push towards the latter, harder.

Kim Joonmyeon smirked at his right side shortly, then faced Kyungsoo once again…
…and then he punched Kyungsoo directly in the face.

Oh my goodness! Someone has to stop all of these!

Kyungsoo wiped the right bloodied side of his lips with the back part of his right hand, still glaring at Joonmyeon.
That was when Kyungsoo threw his fist directly at Joonmyeon’s face.

No. No. This isn’t happening.

Then I saw Kyungsoo reach something behind his pocket. It was a gun.

Oh my…don’t tell me he’s embodying James Bond for real. 
Sheet. 
SHEET!
This has to be stopped.
I need some heroes now. Right. We have the heroes from Adventure Time. Besides, they're guys.

“Chanyeol! Baekhyun!” I shouted.
The other students were not budging, still watching the scene in front of them. What is wrong with them?!

“CHANYEOL! BAEKHYUN! KRIS!!!”

Then I felt my right shoulder getting tapped once. “Uh…Myunjae..why are you calling us?”

I turned to look at the source of the voice. It was Chanyeol. Then I looked back at the scene in front of me once again. Still horrified….

However, Do Kyungsoo and Kim Joonmyeon were just looking at me with cold, blank expressions. Kyungsoo didn’t have busted lips. Joonmyeon didn’t have bruises on his face. They weren’t grunting in pain.

He was still standing in front of Do Kyungsoo while still clutching onto my wrist tightly with his left hand. He was looking at Kyungsoo with an unyieldi-
Oh, crap. It’s just my imagination. Seriously, that juice punch that I had been drinking might have some sort of an alcohol or a drug or something.

They continued sternly looking at each other, without moving a ligament. Kim Joonmyeon clenched his jaw once again before speaking.

“I think you’re dancing with the wrong girl, Kyungsoo.” He released my wrist and took a step towards Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo did not say a single word in reply. He was still gazing at Kim Joonmyeon with that unreadable, cold stare.

After a good number of seconds, Kyungsoo started responding. Still expressionless.

“Of course. You outbid everyone in the auction, Kim Joonmyeon.”
“Yes. And you better deal with it.” Kim Joonmyeon gave a subtle quick smirk once more. He continued uttering.

“I won.”

Psh. He doesn’t need to brag how rich he is that he even has to bring up his win at the auction.
You know it ain’t funny if you gotta talk about your money, Kim Joonmyeon.

He shot a serious, unyielding glare at Do Kyungsoo before making his way around the latter. I just looked at his retreating figure.

I stopped in front of Kyungsoo and gave him a small smile. He just looked at me sternly, unlike the gentle gaze he was giving me earlier while we were dancing.

“Do Kyungsoo, I’m really sorry for what happened but I-”
“Myunjae.” I heard Kim Joonmyeon’s commanding voice once again.

Joonmyeon his heels, walking back to my spot and harshly tugged at my wrist, without batting a glance at me and Do Kyungsoo.

And I was sure with what I saw last before I walked away.
Kyungsoo clenched his fist up.

Joonmyeon led…no, actually, he’s kind of dragging me FORCEFULLY right now…that my wrist was starting to hurt.

“Hulck, will you please let me go?!” I spat at him, with his back facing me. He just tugged at me even more.

Aish, Kim Joonmyeon!
It’s starting to hurt, really.
I wonder if I do the same thing to you…

But no, I’m not gonna say it freaking hurts my wrist.  
If I didn’t know better, he’s gonna feel pleasure from the pain he's inflicting on me right now.

That’s what he wants, right?
He’s taking revenge on me.
For the Oh mansion incident that I DID NOT release.
And for seeing me dance with Do Kyungsoo.

I liked the dance, Kim Joonmyeon. I liked it…
Or at least that’s what I keep on telling myself.

“Kim Joonmyeon, will you please let go of my wrist?!” I continued speaking, which was starting to sound like a complaint. No, it shouldn’t sound like a complaint. I have to take control of the situation…

He gripped tighter and tugged me forward once again as we headed towards the hall entrance.

…or not. Maybe, he has control of the situation. 

Aish…why does he have to be in control of everything? Oh, wait, right. SC President, and captain of two big organizations. It’s kind of natural for him, I think.

“Oh, there you are.” Kim Hyoyeon stopped in front of us. “You and your date still haven’t taken a shot at the photo booth.”

Joonmyeon halted in his track, making the dragging stop in the process. Thank goodness, Hyoyeon, you saved my wrist.

“And President Kim doesn’t have a costume, I see.” Hyoyeon remarked. “Looks like we’ll be having a Gangnam Style couple dance in the middle of the dancefloor after all. But yup. Photobooth first.”

“Yes. Thank you. Thank you, Hyoyeon,” I smiled at Hyoyeon and rolled my eyes at Kim Joonmyeon, as he just blankly glanced at me beside him.

I removed my wrist from his tight grasp with all my might and threw that hand down to his side. I started walking with Hyoyeon.

“Seo Myunjae. Get back here.” Kim Joonmyeon spoke sternly, still rooted on his spot.

“The nerve you got, Hulck.” Yes. The nerve he got. He ‘almost’ ditched me, he’s late, and he’s the one angry and demanding now? Shirt you, Kim Joonmyeon. “Besides, the photo is free.”

I stood in front of the photographer. Behind me was the Halloween-themed background. However, it wasn’t completely that scary. It was a fairytale-ish background. Sunny’s idea. She said it isn’t suitable for ‘dates’ to be taking some pictures with scary manors or dark castles painted behind them. Also, she’s a huge fan of Disney Princess. But it’s not like every couple will be dressed as a prince and princess. Just look at the shirtless Jacob-wannabe and his date. Just look at Kim Joonmyeon, who isn’t even wearing any costume.

“Uh…dear. Where’s your date?” The photographer asked me.
“oh…um. He’s not here. He ditched me.” I made sure I stated that loudly so Joonmyeon would be feeling guilty big time, if he was, indeed, feeling guilty. Or not. He’s just a heartless, comic cut-out of a green-colored character after all.

“Shall we proceed, sir?” I smiled, starting to strike a pose, V-sign.

The photographer just sighed and shrugged as he began looking through his camera lens. However, he suddenly lifted his head up once more. “Excuse me, kid. Yes. We’re taking a photo now. Kindly step back a little and wait for your turn.”

I followed the photographer's gaze.
On my right side.

Kim Joonmyeon.

“Kid. Step back a little.” The photographer uttered once more.
How’s that, Kim Joonmyeon? Also, an applause for Mr. Photographer.

Kim Joonmyeon just glared sternly at the photographer and stood beside me. Way too close beside me.

“She’s my date.” He expressed without cracking any expression on his face, still looking at the photographer.

The photographer just glanced at me, as if waiting for my affirmation.

Ugh! I hate saying this.
“Yes.” I sighed in frustration, rolling my eyes. “Date.”

“Very well then.” The photographer said, looking through the camera. 

He lifted up his head once again. What is it this time?

“Uh…you two seem a little bit stiff. Do some cuddly poses or something.”

I eyed this taller figure beside me, raising an eyebrow, and rolled my eyes once more. He was just blankly staring at me. Still serious. I took a step to my left, distancing myself away from Kim Joonmyeon. Uh. No way, ditcher. 

“Young miss, just compress yourselves a bit.” 

No. Still not gonna move an inch. 

“Hey, we’re waiting here.” Bang Yongguk, who was standing beside the photographer together with his date, reminded us, annoyed. Then, another date couple arrived behind them.

Aish.

“Just proceed with it, mister.” I said to the photographer.
“But you’re too far from him-”
“Just kindly do it, sir.”

I don’t care if the photo will come out that bad. Not in the mood to be taking pictures together with this jerk.

The guys waiting in line started mocking us.

“Oh come on, President Kim. That’s lame.”
“Yeah. You can do better than that.”
“Man. That’s too weak.”

I glared at them.
Stop speaking, okay? It’s pressuring me.

The photographer shrugged once more and started counting, looking through the lens.

“One.”
“Two.”

“Three.”

The flash of the camera engulfed my vision momentarily.

However, I couldn’t move all of a sudden after the flash. It happened too quickly at the third count. I didn’t even know how fast he did it.

Unmoved from my position, Kim Joonmyeon’s left arm was still around my waist…and his lips were planted at the top right side of my head.

Still not looking up at him, I felt his lips distancing away from my head, and although I wasn’t seeing it, I felt his forehead getting settled at that side of my head, with me still feeling his warm breathing through my black hair. I was not sure what had gotten into me that I carefully redirected my gaze to my side, to look up at him.

Gentle, tamed, serious gaze.
With those gorgeous dark brown eyes….

“Okay. Next couple, please.” The photographer spoke once more.

Interrupted in his enticing gaze, I looked at the ground instantly.

I was angry earlier, but now…
What have you done to me, Kim Joonmyeon?
What-

No.
I’m still angry.
Still enraged. Ditcher.

I quickly made my way around him. I had walked a couple of meters away when he reached up to me. Unlike earlier, he didn’t grab me by the wrist...

He held my hand.

But still forceful. With the same strength as earlier.
Here we go again.

“Hulck! Let me go!” I protested as he walked past me. He dragged me to the entrance.

Before we could even reach the accession, I saw the rodents again. Still being the watch dogs?
Kris. Yixing. Sehun. Jongin. Maybe the latter’s date left him because she realized that her date was nothing but an arrogant, talkative turd.

“Joonmyeon. You’re here, man.” Kris expressed, calling Joonmyeon out.
“Yeah. Thought you won’t come.” Sehun spoke.

Oh, so he’s done chasing Luhan? I just hope Luhan didn’t beat him big time.

“Actually, Myunjae was looking for you earlier.”

That.
Sehun, you didn’t have to say that.
Also, I was not ‘looking’ for him. I just ‘asked’ where he was. Period.

I just looked at the ground shortly, as I noticed Joonmyeon dart a glance at me, then back at his teammates.

Kris asked, “Where were you anyway? It’s not like you to be late-”
“Oh shi.t. Deputy principal coming.” Sehun pretended to look at the ground.

The deputy principal stopped in front of us. 

“Oh...nice costumes.” She greeted, eyeing each of our attires. “I may not be as knowledgeable as teenagers are with the characters nowadays but,” she looked at Sehun’s outfit. “...it looks like we have Gandalf here.”

I observed Kris and Jongin hold back a laugh, camouflaging it with fake coughs, while Sehun just stiffened in position, clenching his jaw and his fist, which was behind him. I could see it.

She glanced at our clothing once more and stopping her gaze at Joonmyeon’s.

“And President Kim. Living up to the rule-breaker image now, huh?” The deputy principal uttered. “No costume. Well, dear. They’ll be playing Gangnam Style any moment. So better do some stretching now-”

“Uh no, actually, Mrs. Cheung. That’s a costume.” Jongin spoke out-of-the-blue, pointing at Joonmyeon’s attire. Yeah right. Liar. But I’m impressed that he’s standing up for his friend. 

Let’s just see how they’ll be getting away with this. And I do hope that we can make a way out of this mess. I don’t want to dance Gangnam Style, although I mastered it. It’s embarrassing, really.

“Actually Mrs. Cheung…um…he’a Twilight character.” Lame excuse, and a huge Twilight fan indeed.

All eyes and ears were now on Kim Jongin.
“You know..uh…” he stuttered. “Dark brown hair, super pale skin, black overcoat and jeans…”

“He’s Edward. Edward Cullen.”

That’s ridiculous. He’s not.

I eyed Kim Joonmyeon, who was just watching the scene in front of him, with the deputy principal nodding. Crap. She’s buying it. Yes. She’s buying it.

He was wearing a dress shirt, black overcoat, and jeans, just like what the lobby lady told earlier. His dark brown hair was styled coolly in an upward manner…does he know how handsome he looks whenever he sports that hairstyle…wait...what am I saying? No. Be mad, Myunjae. You’re still mad. And his skin was not that super fair. He’s a soccer player. Just ‘fair’ would have to be the proper description. Still, I don’t even know how he maintains that complexion.

“Oh…is that so?” The deputy principal nodded but glanced back at Kim Jongin. “By the way, why are you shirtless?”
“I’m Jacob from Twilight.”

The deputy principal just scrunched up her face. “Okay? You children have a weird sense of Halloween fashion. Anyway, enjoy the rest of the night.”
She smiled at us before trailing off.

Sehun coughed. “Peasant.”
Jongin shot him a glare. “What did you say, Gandalf?”

Kim Joonmyeon just sighed, as if out of frustration and anger…but seriously, what is he angry about? If it’s about the dance or the almost-kiss then-

I didn’t realize he was still holding onto my hand when he tightened his grip and dragged me once again towards the hall entrance.

“Hey. Where are you two going?” I heard Kris ask us.

 

 

There was a bronze-colored luxury car parked in front of the hall’s entrance. Kim Joonmyeon reached for something inside his pocket, seemingly like a small remote device, and pressed a button. A small bleep sound resonated from the car. He released my hand as he made his way around the car, going towards the driver’s seat.

“Get in.”
“No. Why would I get in? I’m going back inside.” I spun around to approach the entrance. 

Before I could even get near the entrance, I felt my wrist getting held back once again. Kim Joonmyeon started ‘dragging’ me towards the car. 

“Let go of me, Hulck. This is kidnapping!” I tugged at my wrist down, hoping he would release me. It’s like I’m Rapunzel and he’s the evil stepmother. Why am I even thinking about some princess at a time like this? I might be thrown somewhere far off in minutes, goodness’ sakes.

He opened the passenger seat in front and shoved me in.

I attempted to get out but he just blocked me and lowered his face to my level. “I’m going back inside-”
“If you try escaping again, you’re going to regret it.” He spoke in a deep, cold tone before closing the door beside me.

What is he doing?
Where are we going anyway?
Oh…the interior smells great…pleasant-smelling car freshener….

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter