042

T Is For Tattle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
BELLAGUM

Chapter Forty Two

 

I hadn’t really taken a good look at The White Tablet editor-in-chief before.

It  was still unknown who took the footage at the Oh’s residence. However, a part of me liked to remain being the good guy for quite an amount of time.

Therefore, I had no choice. I had to make a move.

It was during the second week of autumn of senior year when I started calling the White Tablet publication team for meetings, regarding the sudden dissolution issue.

For a number of reasons.
Mostly, my own personal reasons.

Friday.

It was a Friday when I first thought I met the White Tablet editor-in-chief.
She was on the same year level as me.

And her name was Seo Myunjae.

The only thing that would have to be remarkable about her was her name. Albeit the succeeding numerous meetings the student council had conducted with their publication team, I couldn’t register in my mind her face and her expressions. Specific with that usual annoyed, slightly mocking expression, with subtly furrowed eyebrows that she always darted toward me.

She was angry. 
She was angry at me.

However, I didn't bother. 

The publication was undeniably 'useless' and 'nonsensical'. No questions asked. What was there to lose if ever it did get dissolved? But I could understand on another aspect why she was mad. It would be normal for an editor-in-chief to feel, especially knowing that their publication was in danger of being cut. 

Mainly, I had to prevent the footage at Sehun's residence from getting spread on campus.

For a number of reasons.
Mostly, my own reasons.

Whatever it takes.

However, albeit the kind of expressions she would always flash me, whenever the editor-in-chief looked at me, something inside me stirred. As if I would lose my mind with a single, short glance from her. However, it may had been probably due to that annoyed expression she would throw at me, that I admit I was slightly becoming intimidated of it. 

Or probably, there is something that draws me to her.

How could I not...

She had beautiful dark brown eyes that always failed to make me gaze away from her no matter what I kept on telling myself.

Because it wasn’t the first time I saw those dark brown eyes.

The first time I came up close with those dark brown eyes was an afternoon. The first week after the first month of the school year. Senior year.

It was Friday.

Usual of the timeline of the rumor-based publication, their first quarterly issue was released. My other soccer teammates were reading it just after training, and they couldn't help but laugh at a story printed on the second page. It was about a professor performing rhinotillexomania, or in layman's term, nose-picking. I was not sure though because I hadn't read any of their publication even just once, attributed to the fact that I was not really interested with such useless and nonsensical things.

However, I was sure of one thing. 

The White Tablet did violate a rule in the school rule book about offending and grossly disrespecting a school authority in written words. Hence, I was expecting them to be penalized with suspension  or probation by the school authorities.

The moment the soccer team reached the garden front to head toward the school gates going home, I realized that the headmaster had, indeed, went easy on them.

From what I could see, The White Tablet team, which included one of my previous presidential candidacy opponents, Philip Lee, had just been sentenced to what seemed a community service. They were doing some sweeping, digging, and t on the garden front, helping some of the maintenance personnel of the school.

However, there was a noticeable figure of a female student with medium-length black hair, medium stature and average white skin tone, unhappily and groggily raking a part of the garden.

Park Chanyeol, who was standing among our group, immediately went toward the slightly exhausted female figure. He stealthily stooped down to a spot near the female student, grabbed something inside a yellow backpack, and held it in front of the unhappy raker.

It was a thick white-coloured notebook.

"Now I got my hands on this, I can’t wait to see what you're hiding in here," Chanyeol uttered, as if mocking the smaller figure in front of him. "You always seem to keep this out of our way."

"Hey!" The female student replied, scrunching up her eyebrows in complaint as she looked at the taller student. "Give it back, derp."

Chanyeol raised his hand holding the white

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter