007

T Is For Tattle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
ONE FRIDAY NIGHT Chapter Seven

 

I briskly stormed into the middle of the stadium, where the soccer players were scattered doing various stupid things while waiting for practice to start. I spotted the devil laughing with some of his teammates and my blood just boiled hotter.

Oh how I am very much excited to punch that smile away from him!

"Oh look, it's Miss Bunny Pajamas..." the familiar tanned noticed me while he was stretching on the grass, doing toe-touches. I shrugged it off. I didn’t have time to ignore him.

I was then on full sprint. I immediately charged towards Joonmyeon even before he could face me. I jumped on his back and started hitting his head and tugging his hair. I could hear numerous gasps and cussing from the team, with their eyes all enlarging at the scene in front of them.

"Don't you know the golden rule of crushing?!" I hit him on his head and back.

"Get this thing off of me!" Joonmyeon commanded his teammates but they wouldn't seem to move an inch as I glared at them. Although I noticed them looking terrified, somehow, they looked amused.

"That. Is. Never. Tell. Anyone!" I emphasized every word with every hit.

"Myunjae!" I heard Baekhyun shout, with Chanyeol's face emanating a we're-so-dead look.

I don't care. I have to teach this bipolar devil a lesson.

I continued hitting him when I heard a whistle sound. Joonmyeon and I both turned around - it was the soccer coach.

 


"I hate to say this but Miss Seo Myunjae, you get detention for a week," the headmaster muttered in a serious yet apologetic look.

This wouldn't be the first time I would get detention. Second time actually. The first one was when Philip accidentally included an embarrassing photo of a professor *cough* picking his nose *cough* in the White Tablet that wasn't supposed to be published. They didn't cut the publication luckily but just gave the whole team a week of community service.

We were sitting on separate chairs facing the headmaster. I glanced at Kim Joonmyeon, settled on the chair slightly facing me. I noticed that his soccer outfit had become turmoiled due to the rumble earlier, with hair disheveled, but his face still blank and stern. I mentally chuckled at how he looked like now. Serves him right.

I looked at myself and noticed that I was just messed up as he was. The only difference was that he looked messed up yet still professional at the same time. I hated it.

When the headmaster said I would get detention while he would get none, Kim Joonmyeon looked down and attempted to hide the smirk that had formed on his face. I could see it, you pompous brat.

"Why do I get detention while he doesn't obtain any, sir?" I defended, still with all the modesty I could give.
"Well, as what I could see, Mr. Kim Joonmyeon did not do something wrong," he responded.
"He did!" I retorted.

The principal straightened up, looking interested in what I had to say. "Can you elaborate on that, Ms. Seo Myunjae?"

"Yes, Ms. Seo Myunjae. Kindly tell what I did to make you attack me on the field." Joonmyeon challenged with an innocent, blank expression.

He was testing me. If I say he posted my scribbles on the hallway, that would still be reasonable. But, I would be doomed. The whole student body would know I was ‘that’ secret admirer of Do Kyungsoo. Now that would just be embarrassing. 

"He...uhh," I quickly thought of something but my mind was blank as of the moment.

"I believe Mr. Kim Joonmyeon couldn't have done anything wrong. The witnesses also told me that you initiated the attack. After all, he is a role model and one of the best students in this institution. He would not afford to start such rumble," he orated. Joonmyeon acknowledged these blooming praises with a small bow.

Role model my face.

"Kids these days..." the headmaster sat back onto his chair. "Earlier, I got a report that a student posted some love notes or confession post-its around the locker hallway. Then emerging later this morning was a fight on the soccer field." He finished off with a sigh.

Good thing I didn't tell him or he would've known that the same person was involved in both cases.

“If you don't have anything else to defend, both of you may go back to your classes. Mr. Kim Joonmyeon, just carry on with your schedule. And you, Miss Seo Myunjae, detention for one whole week," he declared.

Joonmyeon stood up and bowed at him.

I just remained plastered on my seat, thinking about the decision. Injustice had indeed become rampant in the world.

"Now, where to put you?" The headmaster thought, looking at me, narrowing his eyes.

Joonmyeon suddenly stopped in his track and turned back to face us. "May I humbly suggest?" He asked the headmaster.

"Yes?" The headmaster expressed.

"May I suggest that she help in the soccer cup preparations? The opening game for the cup would happen next week. Perhaps, cleaning the bleachers for a start." Joonmyeon replied with that oh-so-professional tone of his.

I mentally sent daggers to his eyes.

I looked at the headmaster for any reaction. Come on, just say that the idea is ridiculous, Mr. Headmaster.

The headmaster lightly rubbed his chin once.

The headmaster gave a small nod, processing the thought.

No. Freaking. Way.

 

 

I stared at the enormous stadium I was in.
I thought the headmaster was kidding when he said I had to start detention by helping clean the bleachers after today’s class.

We were lucky we had this huge state-of-the-art arena in the school. But on second thought, cleaning it? I'd rather have a stadium the size of a matchbox.

With a pail of water in one hand and a scrub and sponge in the other, I went up to the topmost level of the bleachers. I bowed at one of the several old janitors cleaning the area and he gladly returned the gesture. After some scrubbing and wiping, I could already feel my body sweating so much. I removed my school blazer and folded the sleeves of my uniform blouse up to the elbows. Wow, if this is what janitors do, then all my respect goes to them. It is really hard and exhausting. I could already feel my back aching once I got halfway down the bleachers, which reminded me I had to work on my stretching.

As I was going down to replace the water in the pail now saturated with dirt, I noticed that the soccer team had just arrived. They settled their luggages on the bleachers situated on the side of the soccer field especially made for the players.  They were kind of hyper. They threw the soccer ball to each other, playing cooly and laughing. I noticed Baekhyun and Chanyeol wave at me; I merely waved weakly. Not in the mood.

"Heads up!"

Before I could open the faucet, the dirty water from the pail that I was still holding spilt onto my skirt, and a wet soccer ball rolled near my foot.

You soccer-playing bunch of rodents! 

I instantly placed the pail onto the ground with a thud and held the soccer ball in one hand. "Who the hell kicked this?" I glared at the soccer team, approaching them further into the field with furrowed eyebrows.

Their laughter slowly faltered. After a moment of silence

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter