004

T Is For Tattle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ONE FRIDAY NIGHT

Chapter Four

Wednesday morning class is one of my favourite classes: Physical Education. We would usually conduct our classes in the gymnasium for indoor sports and The Water Arena for swimming classes. Since we would be doing hurdles, we were headed towards the soccer field.

 

I love running, especially when shirt would get real after teasing Chanyeol or BaekHyun, before they would catch me and put me in a headlock.

 

In fact, I slightly considered myself as an athletic person, particularly, as a track-and-field person. Nothing would be better than to run under the morning sun while taking in the fresh, dewy scent of the morning breeze. 

 

I changed into our school's P.E. uniform: black shorts with length that rested about two inches above my knees and a white shirt imprinted with a small school logo at the top right side. My classmates and I started heading to the school's state-of-the-art open-field stadium, which housed the running track and the soccer field in the middle. 

 

However, my smile quickly faltered the moment I set my foot on the stadium.

 

The class was not alone.

 

In the middle, soccer practice had just begun.

 

And yes. He was there - Kim Joonmyeon.

 

Wasn't this just the happiest morning of my life? NOT.

 

In three perfect horizontal rows, they had just finished doing some push-ups with two coaches monitoring them, standing up. Or more like commanding them as if they were in some sort of military training. They carried onto the next whatever-drill they were supposed to do.

 

Our P.E. teacher called out the names of the first batch to run through the hurdles. After calling out four names, he finally called mine, completing the first batch. I stared onto the track in front of me as we positioned ourselves in our respective spots. 

 

Ready.

Set.

WHISTLE.

 

I instantly gathered my pace up, approaching the first hurdle. And another. And another. And another. If this were my favorite thing to do more than any other sports, then I might as well be the best in it, I reminded myself.

 

As I was about to approach the second-to-the-last hurdle, a couple of voices cheered my name.

 

"Seo Myunjae!"

"Go, Myunjae!"

 

I glanced over the soccer field, where those familiar voices were coming from. I saw Chanyeol and Baekhyun constantly shouting. They waved as soon as they saw me look at them. I smiled to myself as I got over the last hurdle - I was the first to cross the finish line. Yay!

 

I panted as my competitors hi-fived and congratulated me. Darting my glance back to the soccer field, I saw Chanyeol and Baekhyun running towards me.

 

As soon as they reached me, Chanyeol lifted me up on his shoulders. "Victory!" Chanyeol shouted, bouncing me up and down like a trophy.

 

"Yay! Seo Myunjae!" Baekhyun shouted, throwing his fist up into the air repeatedly. 

 

"Park Chanyeol, put me down.” I may be liking the fact that they were proud at the moment. But come on. I was being lifted and thrown six feet up from the ground.

 

Chanyeol pretended not to hear and kept doing the gesture. 

 

"PARK CHANYEOL!" I shouted this time at the top of my lungs. In an instant, Park Chanyeol placed me back on the ground.

 

I thought they stopped. But, they merely attacked me on both sides hugging me while jumping up and down.

 

"Hooray! Myunjae!" They shouted in unison repeatedly. 

"Okay. Seriously, go back to the soccer field. Your bacterial cells

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter